Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Of course most of it was coming from outside this community, but some of it was coming from within and it's all here in everyone's post history. There's no excuse for the behavior of this anti-EGS mob, and there's no way to engage them in any sort of reasonable conversation. As soon as they realize you aren't willing to join their ranks, they immediately launch into the harassment, the insults, the most vile and disgusting profanity they can think up, and many are obviously willing to descend even further into threats and other illegal activity. Furthermore they have the mendacity to say that they're the ones being victimized, insulted, and so forth. Sadly, as ineffective as their efforts have been, I don't think we've even seen the worst of their behavior yet.

Maybe Shenmue 3 has been delayed........... (Im joking around btw)

On topic:

Everybody should go check out Richard Cartlidge's YouTube channel. Amazing and faithful covers of Shenmue music, and some great original Shenmue-inspired tunes too. He also provided the music in the Kickstarter teaser for Adam Sipione's Shenmue documentary.

Some favourites:

This is still my favorite one

Very talented dude.

Maybe Shenmue 3 has been delayed........... (Im joking around btw)

This is still my favorite one

Very talented dude.

Who knows, very odd Shenmue III wasn’t listed...maybe PlayStation has inside info on a potential delay or maybe Shenmue III is going multi-plat now...hmmm...just seems like an awfully huge elephant to ignore haha

Last edited:

(Sigh) imagine getting so bent out of shape over something that you put on a shelf and never look at again past the initial purchase. When did we stop giving a fuck about the game itself? When did all the trivial stuff like useless sounding DLC or stupid cover variants become the most important thing here?

To me, the game itself is the most important thing of all. Yet I wake up and see this shit on my Facebook. It’s a fucking box art variant. It sits on your shelf and collects dust. Who really gives two shits about this?

Sorry for the rant, but it is a valid question. Why are people so concerned with this trivial bullshit? The game itself is the thing that should matter the most.

Last edited:
View attachment 3765

(Sigh) imagine getting so bent out of shape over something that you put on a shelf and never look at again past the initial purchase. When did we stop giving a fuck about the game itself? When did all the trivial stuff like useless sounding DLC or stupid cover variants become the most important thing here?

To me, the game itself is the most important thing of all. Yet I wake up and see this shit on my Facebook. It’s a fucking box art variant. It sits on your shelf and collects dust. Who really gives two shits about this?

Sorry for the rant, but it is a valid question. Why are people so concerned with this trivial bullshit? The game itself is the thing that should matter the most.
I saw this post actually.

Tbf most of the comments were basically telling the guy to shut up with most of them saying they will buy it anyway regardless of the kickstarter. Several even went into an explanation as to whether Best Buy may have exchanged money in order to be able to sell that exclusive item.

Either way most people laughed and moved on

I saw this post actually.

Tbf most of the comments were basically telling the guy to shut up with most of them saying they will buy it anyway regardless of the kickstarter. Several even went into an explanation as to whether Best Buy may have exchanged money in order to be able to sell that exclusive item.

Either way most people laughed and moved on

Yeah, true. This is partially just a breaking point vent for me but it is still a valid question. Why is it the trivial stuff matters most while the game itself takes a backseat for these types?

Yeah, true. This is partially just a breaking point vent for me but it is still a valid question. Why is it the trivial stuff matters most while the game itself takes a backseat for these types?
Because IMO theres an entitlement nature among some gamers that they should have everything for nothing.

They forget logic around this sort of thing or forget that we've been waiting 18 years for this game

Yeah, you’re probably right. We should probably just move on from this on second thought as we probably will just end up down the same rabbit hole. Forget the reactionary post on my behalf, people. It was just me waking up to annoyance.

Last edited:

No idea, but gamers today are whiney as fuck.

As I said a while ago (before this steel case was formally announced), I have a whole cupboard full of these steel case thingies. I don't like them and never use them. I only want the Shenmue one, because it's probably the only game (well, series) in the world that means more to me than it just being a game, so I love to have any kind of cool collectable I can get. But, you know, it's not obsessive. I don't have to get the steel case if it doesn't make its way to the UK. I don't need it and I certainly don't care enough to moan that I, as a backer, aren't getting it. As I said before, Ys Net has no control over this kind of thing. It's Deep Silver's responsibility to try to sell the game, and pre-order bonuses, exclusive steel cases and DLC etc. are all part of the parcel. That's the point. We backed the game in order to make it a reality and we will receive exactly what was promised at the time. The game is better because of the investment Deep Silver put into Shenmue 3, but they're not donating to charity. They expect a return on that investment.

i think its really not worth anyones time. i mean just look at all these different types of comments,
comments because of the pre order stuff, comments about Epic, comments about Deep Silver,
comments about the graphics, troll comments about how Yakuza is way better,
Facebook comments, Tweets, Youtube videos ...
do you really want to interact with everyone? we are talking about thousands of comments
and the different topics are all over the place. and i guarantee you that you will end up
in a very long argument with every second or third guy and it will take forever to convince them
that not everything about these deals is just bad.

maybe you can convince one out of twenty first try but even this will already take you a couple of back and forth messages.
and then at the end you maybe convinced five people after a whole day and there are still thousands left
and you dont know if they even care about your arguments, if they are just trolls, and so on.

Deep Silver has uploaded the japanese trailer a day ago and the comments arent even just about Epic,
you have also the typical comments like "the graphics are shit" or "looks super unfinished" and so on ...
you have to fight at dozens of different fronts with totally random people and i believe you cant really win anything.

at least not with simple text answers.
video formats with a host and detailed answers will probably work better
because i'm sure that 99% of the angry people (not the trolls or pure Epic hater) have no idea
what type of game Shenmue 3 would be without all these deals.
they didnt read any of the Suzuki interviews from 2015 until today, they think that Shenmue 3 with just the Kickstarter budget
and nothing else would be exactly the same game as the one we will get in November.
but how do you want to explain that this is not true at all to a mob of people who already have torches
and pitchforks in their hands? they dont want your explanation.

Last edited:
I'm over trying to placate the mob. I've been over it, weeks ago. I'm ready to embrace the positivity and the people that actually care about the game or would be interested into getting into the game. Anything to move on from the same topics we've been talking about that go nowhere. I do get some of the gripes the naysayers have been talking about, but honestly people need to understand there's just no reasoning with some people. Getting someone to admit they're wrong and jumped the gun on the internet is about as rare winning the Tomato Convenience Store shuffle.

It obviously hurts a lot of us to watch people who obviously weren't there from the beginning(Or the latecomers that fell in love with the game all the same) crapping on something we love so much. It means so much to us emotionally and for a lot of us represented a time in our lives where we didn't have to shoulder the emotional anguish and rollercoaster that is 'adulting'. Essentially they're shitting on a part of a childhood for some of us. I get why it's such a soft-spot for some of us(Including me), but IMO it's time to focus on making the fan coordination into something special and trying to bring anyone that's neutral on the game(As hard as that is to find on the internets) into the family.

Last edited:
Back