Shenmue 3 Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should stop worrying only because of uk physical chart, uk isn't the world and neither is a physical version anymore.

I don't want to continue on the doom/gloom train, but we may not be able to wait months or years to count on additional sales from Steam, etc. Yu and team can't sit without work to do (which means not getting paid) if Deep Silver/SEGA/whomever decides not to invest and continue the series, and if the team disbands, well...

Exactly. It’s not like Ys Net is sitting in their office waiting two years to find out if they can start work on a new game. I think they sort of need to already know that.

The negativity on this forum and Reddit is really not helping. Seriously people wait almost 2 decades for a shenmue game and rip it to bits then wonder whether shenmue 3 will sell well and if there will be a 4th just bizzare.
people are just voicing their honest concern and opinions

The negativity on this forum and Reddit is really not helping. Seriously people wait almost 2 decades for a shenmue game and rip it to bits then wonder whether shenmue 3 will sell well and if there will be a 4th just bizzare.

100%. I honestly expected so much better from the dojo of all places. This doesn't feel like the dojo circa 2005-2007 at all, and it was pretty damn negative back then haha.

17th in the UK. Didn't factor in PC release or digital adoption anywhere.

Nothing so far in the USA yet...been out not quite a week before the holidays begin.

WELP, disaster guys.

Might as well pack it up and move on. See you guys in the speculatory Shenmue IV forum for the next decade.

/s

Well, the team at YS Net has 3 dlcs planned for S3 so they will have enough work to do during the next couple of months. But I agree that S4 will probably be greenlit during the next couple of months if it sells enough.

Also don't forget that S3's retail version charted pretty high across the world when it first went on preorder. We're fine, boys and girls.

It all comes from passion, so i hear the noise, but have some perspective people and be patient.

God knows we've done everything we could. The rest is up to fate.

Wait and see. Look at my previous post about all the other variables involved. You wont get an accurate picture for a while, so chill and calm down

The simple fact of the matter is that Shenmue 3 was never going to sell well, I said this from the beginning. I don't know what people's expectations were, but from what I am seeing, some fans expected it to chart well. It was never going to happen, this series is far too niche. If it wasn't sandwiched between a bunch of highly anticipated games, then it MAY have done a little bit better, but I don't think it would have made that much of a difference. You also need to factor in that most people that are interested in Shenmue 3 already got the game through the Kickstarter.

My above comments don't mean it's a complete disaster and doesn't mean Shenmue 4 won't happen either. It all comes down to interest. If the interest is there, then Shenmue 4 has a great chance of being made. Publishers will factor in more than just sales of the 3rd game, they will be looking at the overall interest in the series. The Kickstarter raising as much money as it did is a bonus, and there is also the fanbase too, which they know they can guarantee sales from.
That's what I said on page 12. In other words, I totally agree!

17th in the UK. Didn't factor in PC release or digital adoption anywhere.

Nothing so far in the USA yet...been out not quite a week before the holidays begin.

WELP, disaster guys.

Might as well pack it up and move on. See you guys in the speculatory Shenmue IV forum for the next decade.

/s
were you expecting people to throw a party over this ranking? I’m just curious what you think a normal reaction would be. It’s not great and it’s the only number we currently have. If we’re passionate enough to want a fourth Shenmue, I think it’s safe to assume we still like/love this series.

Shenmue 3 has 36 reviews on Amazon Germany and 4,6 / 5 stars.
Thats a pretty good rating in general and i think the best regional score in terms of how many votes and what kind of rating.
(Amazon Germany, France, Spain, Italy, UK, US)

I think they even produced a new batch of CE's again because it was listed as "will be in stock again in 2 weeks"
(was sold out)
and now its in stock again for the normal price.

Heres some nice info for you. After this ill leave you to it.

Shenmue is number 2 on bestbuy
Shenmue is sold out on amazon
Shenmue is the 3rd top selling game on epic
The epic ad is at 4 million views. Check out the marketing thread why this good.

100%. I honestly expected so much better from the dojo of all places. This doesn't feel like the dojo circa 2005-2007 at all, and it was pretty damn negative back then haha.

I agree. I have loved shenmue 3 and think it does some things far better than 1 and 2. Ryo is especially in Bailu has some real self awareness of his flaws and the conversations with Shenhua were fantastic

Yeah, according what Shenhua hinted in Shenmue III, we should know very soon.

The time YSNet makes its official statement, we might also know about the fate of Shenmue 5 as the announcement of a long-term production project.

60% of the story in one episode seems impossible. When Suzuki said he was ready to end the story in Shenmue 4, Deep Silver was not there yet and Shenmue 3 was intended to be a more linear adventure.

Its not worth calling it the end all be all, its just not a good sign is all, one that hopefully isnt true, I think its just coupled with the not great reviews got people a little worked up.

We also may have a Shenmue 3 on xbox announcement to look forward to at some point. Maybe even a Switch release too.

I kinda get the feeling if it does go to Xbox it will pull a Yakuza style deal and go straight to gamepass. That will be a tidy lump sum for Deep Silver and YsNet and yet more funding for Shenmue IV.

There's a way to go still. Keep ya heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back