Collecting herbs. Has anyone got a trophy yet?

For anyone that wants the herb maps as one to print out i pasted them together.

Shenmue 3 Niaowu Map.jpg

Shenmue 3 Bailu Map.jpg

I finally got the Niaowu Herb Trophy and im super relieved now. What a frustrating endeavor. The last herb was a ginseng root right next to the peking duck restaurant. I must have checked that spot at least 10 times. Walking slowly at the marked spots helped in some cases where the herb would pop in and wouldn't show the red circle while not in first person mode.

I'm getting really frustrated hunting down my last crow dipper. I have 4, and need one more I believe. Anyone have any ideas where to look? Already scoured Shenhua's house.

Looking at that map... am I missing an entire part of Bailu? Or, is that Shenhua's house on the right and the little lines on the right side, are all the hills and rice fields?

I'm confused lol :(

So I counted the herbs from the Bailu map and there's less than 100, so does the map only contain the initial herbs and not one that will spawn on later dates?

Also do we know the actual criteria yet? Does it have to be 191 specific herbs or any random 191 herbs will do? If the latter is the case, would it not be easier to just more herbs on new game plus until you get to 191? Herb count does carry over right?

Charging by what I saw from reverse-engineered code and from experiences, it needs to be different item spawns. It can't be the same spawns (respawns don't count).
The save file holds a list of unique spawn names that need to sum to 191 for bailu.

Still unclear if all spawns are available at all times, though.

Thank you, Xanatus.

Therefore, will everything be available at once or do we need to wait a certain amount of time for certain herbs to appear?

Can someone point me to coptis root location in Niaowu For the herb quest you have to get a new one to get it checked off in your notebook I already have some in my inventory but I can’t seem to find a new one maybe there’s no spawn ?

What about the ones at the old castle I keep hearing about. Do they count?

I thought there might be one there but I looked everywhere and couldn’t find anywhere where they could possibly be
There's heaps there.
You have to save and reload right before approaching Lan Di. (before walking up the staircase in the castle).

It has been confirmed, though, that they certainly ain't required (and most likely don't count towards the trophy).

I'm still missing an herb or two, then. I found the ones at the Red Snakes hideout, the ones behind the hotel, the one hidden one at the shrine that's on the ground on the right side. Any other easily missed spots? Do side quest herbs not count? I did one side quest that required me to find an herb for the guy to give to his date, but not sure if they count.

I'll try the ones at the castle, in case it does pop the trophy, but I won't be able to check until after tomorrow evening when I get home from work.

Can someone point me to coptis root location in Niaowu For the herb quest you have to get a new one to get it checked off in your notebook I already have some in my inventory but I can’t seem to find a new one maybe there’s no spawn ?
I found the Coptis Root behind the Tomato Store
Da Huang was behind a rock in the area behind the hotel , access thru the metal door
Huang Qin / Skull Cap was to the left as you exit the large gate on Blossom road , heading towards the river

Thank you, Xanatus.

Therefore, will everything be available at once or do we need to wait a certain amount of time for certain herbs to appear?

No. I can confirm from my new game run that they are not all available at the same time. You have to wait on some spawning. It is possible that there is an earliest date at which you can collect all of them. I started my new game for the sole purpose of getting the bailu trophy and searched almost every day until April 10th for enough to spawn.

Has anyone else who has the Bailu trophy found a second herb behind the old temple? As it's one you could not miss if it was there on your first search, it may be an indication on whether or not spawning herbs spawn in the same locations or if it is random.

Back