Collecting herbs. Has anyone got a trophy yet?

Is it a quest specific herb? If not you may have already picked all of them and they might not respawn. Which might prevent you from completing the quest, even on a new game+. Im in Bailu atm so cant check this for you.
Yes is a quest related herb but I checked all the herbs in my collection and I dont see it in my collection. I'm going to play the game on my Vita to see if I can advance the herb quest.

Since it looks more and more like there is an actual counter going on instead of really collecting "all" herbs, i was wondering, could it be, that you have to have that actual Number (191 for Bailu iirc) of herbs in your inventory? Right now i am on NG+ and have 105 herbs in total (No Niaowu herb, i didn't collect any on my original run), but i sold 78 herbs near the end of Niaowu, and i am pretty sure that i sold more than 8 herbs way before in Bailu (several high price sets actually) So right now, if combined, i really should have popped that trophy already, yet it looks like i have to collect another 86 herbs in Bailu, which seems to be impossible (I just spent several ingame days to look at every corner for herbs, but there are none)
So those who got the Bailu Herb Trophy, how many herbs where in your inventory at the time?
188. I checked the maps every day about a week and a couple of days I got nothing. But on April 29, I found one near the Verdant Bridge, it was closer to the road to Shenhua’s house (Map 1). I’m sure I checked it before.

I would assume it might, I just need to figure out how to trigger the quest. Did you have any information on who you need to speak to in order to do it?
Go to the herb store with the Doctor that has the bloody coat and he will give you a quest to pick three herbs for the yellow potion

Xanatu^^^ Thanks for the video showing me the location of the da huang herb I just found it just about now someone in another thread gave me the location of the da huang root stalk herb.

Hey all I popped the bailu herb trophy today

I’m on my new game +.

i tried so hard on my first run through to get the herbs in bailu but couldn’t pop the trophy. On my new game + I went and collected plenty of herbs that I’d already got on the first run. The oddest thing by a mile is where my final herb that popped the trophy was. It was in the pumpkin patch that I’d scaled thousands of times on both game modes and already got the herbs from it. I went back one day and there was no herbs and went back another and there was one of the really obviously purple ones newly there. I picked it and the trophy popped.

i think this really needs calcification from the developers as to if they spawn at different times etc because I’m 100% sure that the herb that got me the trophy wasn’t there any other time.

Hey all I popped the bailu herb trophy today

I’m on my new game +.

i tried so hard on my first run through to get the herbs in bailu but couldn’t pop the trophy. On my new game + I went and collected plenty of herbs that I’d already got on the first run. The oddest thing by a mile is where my final herb that popped the trophy was. It was in the pumpkin patch that I’d scaled thousands of times on both game modes and already got the herbs from it. I went back one day and there was no herbs and went back another and there was one of the really obviously purple ones newly there. I picked it and the trophy popped.

i think this really needs calcification from the developers as to if they spawn at different times etc because I’m 100% sure that the herb that got me the trophy wasn’t there any other time.

It probably wasn't. My penultimate herb it respawned behind the old temple on the same spot as the one marked on the standard herb map. There is no way I could have missed it if it had been there from the start.

Well I’m on my second new game plus and I’ve not got any herb trophys unlock on my account picked every herb going until some one knows exactly what u need to do to unlock these herbs trophys think I’ll give up personally think these 3 trophies spoil the game and just pisses people off in the process never had and issues with shenmue 1-2 trophies

This trophy man! I swear I've hit the point where I have found everything in Bailu and I'm either waiting for something to respawn or I've somehow missed something. The last herb I picked in Bailu was three in game days ago...It's April 6th (in game) and I am dry of herbs....this is New Game + by the way. I keep scouring every last section of Bailu but I can't find a thing. The last plant I got was near the pumpkin patch (a bellflower) and since then I've been dry everywhere I've looked....am I really just waiting for something to respawn? However long that takes?

Are there citrus peels in Bailu? I can't remember if I picked any of those in my first playthrough....I swear I've looked everywhere in Bailu but I can't find a single plant ready to pick.

The rest of the trophies are doable...but this one is proving to be a bit of a pain,

Finally got the Bailu trophy after finding a herb right in front of Shenhua’s house that had grown overnight. The in game date is April 10th, the same date that Niaxi found his last herb. This could be a coincidence; but after 4 straight days of finding nothing, I find it strange that it appears on the same day.

Oh yeah, the herbs are killing me again. Round 4 Niaowu, checked everywhere and found yet another 57 respawning herbs, pretty much all in the spots where I found them in round 3 aswell. Nothing.

I had high hopes that all those herbs would finally bring the counter up to where it needs to be. But this behavior seems to disprove the theory that you just need to pick enough stuff with respawning ones in order to reach the goal. Maybe I have too many herbs in my inventory and some don't grow because of this? I still haven't checked Niaowu with the maps as I don't think they help since I looked everywhere like 20 times.

Really about to give up on this until there is a definitive answer what the trophy really wants. I don't know if I can bear round 5, especially since I don't know if it would even be worth it at all.

I just discovered a glitch in Niaowu to make the same herb keep reappearing for infinite herb grind. Dunno if this counts for trophy yet, but this may shed some light on what's required for it.

Made a quick vid for anyone who's keen to try:

Has anyone got a final count on how many herbs u actually need as I’ve sold a few but as it stands now I’ve got a total of 236 herbs and I still don’t have the trophy as I’ve not seen any respawning herbs either?

I’m on my new game plus and on my in game date is the 9th of may and I’m
In the city part of the game reason why I’m along in the month is the fishing trying for the 1000 fish trophy

Seeing so many here struggle with the trophy (myself included) it could be that the herbs grow and wilt at different times ingame so thoroughly checked areas will have herbs again and maybe despawn until a ng+.

Has anyone done the herb hunting until the last possible moment and gotten the trophy?

I'm still on Niaowu but want to finish it up first before redoing sidequests and herbs in Bailu.

Back