Battle Rally DLC next week!

Option isn’t there. I’ve already purchased DLC collection pack and updated but under add-one it isn’t even listed. Don’t tell me I have to wait until midnight here in PST? Ugh...

Oh, I’m not sure then man. I don’t see why you would need to wait until midnight seeing as it’s the 21st already...?

Oh, I’m not sure then man. I don’t see why you would need to wait until midnight seeing as it’s the 21st already...?

So strange, someone on reddit confirmed it wasn’t available still at 8am EST, so maybe it’s still locked off for NA regions.

Last edited:
I wish there was a way of checking your moves. I haven't played since before Christmas and I've forgotten most moves...

sorry if this is answered already but if i buy the complete dlc collection..will this include battle rally??

Ok, I know I suck at fighting but I REALLY suck at Battle Rally. I can barely get the third best time, every 3rd run, let alone the first.

Is there any move with Ren that is a sure thing?

60/100 B-Chans in the bag. Switching back to main story. Get the rest tomorrow...

120 ;)

Last edited:
I'm gonna be 100% honest about this. This may be more fun than the game itself. I mean, not really. But maybe. I don't know this is just good old fashioned fun.
Even the fighting system feel better i dont know maybe its just me, btw shenmue never was a "fun" game its not something new but we love it anyway.

Even the fighting system feel better i dont know maybe its just me, btw shenmue never was a "fun" game its not something new but we love it anyway.
I agree the fighting feels much better. Graphics seem better. And overall it just is immersive in a way the regular game combat isn’t. I’m loving this.

Is it just me or does it seem like the ragdoll animations have been tweaked a little. I noticed enemies get knocked back way farther and faster after a knockdown move (breakout, counter elbow assault)

Where before they would fall ass first and their upper bodies would slowly lean back.

Man nice to explore every nook and cranny of Bailu. Man the last two chans in Panda Market made me scratch my head.

I didn’t know you could explore elevated area with pumpkins near side of mountain cliff.

Man nice to explore every nook and cranny of Bailu. Man the last two chans in Panda Market made me scratch my head.

I didn’t know you could explore elevated area with pumpkins near side of mountain cliff.
You clearly didn’t get the herb collection achievement 😂

A few of the Bailu Chans felt a little cheap in this regard but my biggest gripe is still the shitty collision and reduced playing area. It shouldn’t be possible to softlock the game, especially by doing what the game wants you to do or going somewhere that’s fully accessible in the regular game.

For anyone wondering, you have to wait for the in game clock to hit 7pm or reset your console if you trap yourself somewhere.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does it seem like the ragdoll animations have been tweaked a little. I noticed enemies get knocked back way farther and faster after a knockdown move (breakout, counter elbow assault)

Where before they would fall ass first and their upper bodies would slowly lean back.

im thinking that’s just for the battle rally. Unless you’ve also seen it happen in game? Haven’t gone back into the game proper yet.

You clearly didn’t get the herb collection achievement 😂

I did not. I was saving that for my second replay. I was waiting for the January patch to see if they would address issues the community highlighted (Dialogue skipping, QTE times, UI and frame-rate cap).

While I would love if they address the latter issues, I think it’s probably time I will compete 2nd playthrough and attempt platinum trophy.

Back