Battle Rally DLC next week!

I just noticed, but with this DLC the ground battle stretch goal is somehow implemented??

Been playing the DLC today, having quite a lot of fun finding all the Bailu Chan's around the town. Battle Rally is kind of whatever though, like it's not bad but it's just kind of a minor addition that I'm not particularly enjoying. It's good for at least allowing me to enjoy the world and music for a few more hours. Just wish they would have added another couple hours of normal gameplay and story instead honestly.

I spent a couple of hours on it and got 102 Bailu Chan's which is pretty good! Sadly, some of them are too bloody hard to find despite being next to it! The battle rally is a little naff, but innocent fun and the little Outrun easter eggs are lovely. As far as DLC goes, it fits the bill! It's nice to think we have two more to go. Then i'll do a 2nd playthrough :)

Shenmue has always been a fun open world game.

Even the open world of Shenmue 1 and 2 were much better than the empty and boring open world of MGS V.
I talk about the thing to do to progress in the story not the game himself the game sure is fun they're a lot to do and maybe more thing than most of aaa open world mini games side quest fishing training and so on.. dont get me wrong I love shenmue but we all know that sometime the game was not designed to be fun like the horse stance or when you
[/catch chickens everyday to master a new move and so on]

Ok, I know I suck at fighting but I REALLY suck at Battle Rally. I can barely get the third best time, every 3rd run, let alone the first.

Is there any move with Ren that is a sure thing?

120 ;)

Ryu's Bajiquan Elbow Assault is all you need.
Seriously, after completing all the Bailu Chan's and getting the stat boost, I was just one hit KO'ing people with ease with it.

Ryu's Bajiquan Elbow Assault is all you need.
Seriously, after completing all the Bailu Chan's and getting the stat boost, I was just one hit KO'ing people with ease with it.

I was able to complete everything with Ren.

After spamming the Kick combo that was suggested, I got through all the levels with relative ease, save for the last one... I either ran out of time, lost health or couldn't beat enough guys.

I then chained circle and triangle in various combinations with the kick combo et voila, I did significantly better on the one run I did do that and I beat the high score no problem.

I'm not complaining for complaint's sake nor trying to be negative-- I am deeply fond of this DLC-- but the Chan hunting seems to have almost the opposite problem of the full game.

The numbering appears to be grouped by location (a pro), yet, if you couldn't find one and you try to come back later, do you remember where 9-12 or so were regionally grouped (a con)? I like the diamonds showing the ones you found, but I wish there could be some reference point to the what or the where (not a shop card, but you know what I mean).
I know the answer for some will be the rote "Shenmue answers itself, misguided punk; we must consume product for Yu-San", but I wish there were some better (not perfect, better) balance.

(One hopes this balance comes in S4 ;))

EDIT: I always have this luck-- as soon as I post that, I find the 20th in a section. I stand by what I say, but maybe Aristotle was right about catharsis, etc.

Back