Recent content by badfingerboogie

1. badfingerboogie

Boat DLC

I wonder if we'll get to enter that house near the top of Niaowu that's inaccessible due to a metal fence blocking the path. You can even see the interior is modelled...
  2. badfingerboogie

The DLC Trophies tell an interesting story

Chawan signs are from Shenmue 2, the thing with the cups right?
  3. badfingerboogie

For Those Struggling with Gold Tiger

I'm just wrapping up Niaowu now, I take it I should also defeat everyone at the dojo here in that case?
  4. badfingerboogie

For Those Struggling with Gold Tiger

Sadly, beating him seems absolutely meaningless - you don't get anything, not even a move or an improved kung fu level.
  5. badfingerboogie

So is it named Niaowu or Chobu?

Gotcha, thanks.
  6. badfingerboogie

So is it named Niaowu or Chobu?

I don't get it, in the Japanese dub they call the place Chobu, but in the English dub Niaowu? All the signs say Niaowu in English, but then you've got Chobu-chan toys scattered all over the place. Am I missing something? Is Chobu the name of the region, and Niaowu is the town? Or vice versa?
  7. badfingerboogie

Cut content list

I can't really remember what Baisha was going to be - a fishing village or something? There's even a message in the guestbook that reads "I'm off to Baisha next" - poor guy!
  8. badfingerboogie

Kickstarter Backer Telephone Card Bonus Conversations

Anyone have a list of the returning voice actors for the Japanese dub? I've called Ine, Fukuhara, Nozomi, Tom and Joy so far and all of them sound pretty close to their original voices... Did they really get all these people back, or are my ears just playing tricks on me?
  9. badfingerboogie

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

He'll always be Dr. Jacoby from Twin Peaks to me!
  10. badfingerboogie

Things you’d like Yu to fix in Director’s Cut

Mostly the option to remove/fix anything that harms immersion. The ability to choose the date your adventure begins, in order to line it up with a recent Shenmue 2 playthrough (as we can't transfer saves, naturally.) The ability to toggle off character names in the HUD, which wasn't in the...
  11. badfingerboogie

Yes, removing the character names would be good - seems out of place, to be honest.
  12. badfingerboogie

Tronald Dump? Oh jeeze

Yeah, Tronald kinda killed the immersion for me, to be honest.
  13. badfingerboogie

Yeah, the red circles being removed would be nice for immersion's sake. Other things I'd like: - Options button to open the menu on PS4 - Option for 30fps lock, possibly - Option to choose the date your adventure begins (wishful thinking, I know, but I'd love to be able to do a playthrough...
  14. badfingerboogie

What is Earth and Sea? A song name? Or do you mean that minigame with a similar name?
  15. badfingerboogie

The Kowloon Walled City depicted in Shenmue was heavily toned down

Looking at the Saturn footage, it's pretty incredible how far into it all they were at the time - not just environments we'd eventually recognise from Shenmue 2, but entire moments like Ryo and Ren getting the tapes etc.
Back