Recent content by DrGamma

1. DrGamma

Spoilers Shenmue The Animation: Episode 1 - Thunderclap - Thread

It was absolutely perfect. In the game, we only have Ryo's very lonely perspective to his personality with friends, and his interactions like calling Nozomi every day and talking with Tom regularly are something you find if you delve more into the game. They're supposed to present to yourselves...
  2. DrGamma

Mod Requests for Shenmue III

This is likely an absolutely insane request, but how feasible would it be to have a VR camera in Shenmue? Simply being able to use VR goggles for 360ยบ vision while playing the game, no need for any kind of first person perspective.
  3. DrGamma

[RELEASE][Shenmue III] Misc Mods - classic camera, NPC fixes and more..

Well, sorry to bother you on this again, but a while ago, I asked whether the character switching mechanic was still in the game, and you told me you could look at re-enabling it. If the game has stopped receiving official patches, I'd love to have that mechanic back.
  4. DrGamma

[RELEASE][Shenmue III] Misc Mods - classic camera, NPC fixes and more..

Wonderful! Thank you. Will you be doing any further versions of the mod?
  5. DrGamma

Random Gaming Thoughts

I've always seen crossover characters as the character and not the gameplay. Dispite prefering Virtua Fighter combat, I'd love to have him in stuff like Smash Bros, where his moveset would be fully diminished to a ridiculous tiny fraction., for the sake of just seeing him there and how he...
  6. DrGamma

What Movie Are You Watching?

Yesterday, I rewatched Network (1976). One of my favourite movies ever, and quite possibly the most chilling representation of the mutilation of journalism and its larger role in society in general I can remember. It's delightfully cynical at every turn and grows less human as it goes along. I...
  7. DrGamma

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

I honestly don't mind it, gives me more time to catch up on plenty of games from better generations that I've left untouched for years, and I've already decided against getting a PS5 anyway. When Shenmue IV comes out, I'll be well-rested and ready. I just want it to come out. Meanwhile, the...
  8. DrGamma

To be honest, the presentation was extremely mediocre by itself. I think they only had one new thing to announce overall, the rest were typical trailers.
  9. DrGamma

What are you playing?

I think it's Densha de Go, a japanese train simulator. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Densha_de_Go!
  10. DrGamma

What are you playing?

If you're playing on PC, be sure to use the mod that changes music back to the original. It's way better.
  11. DrGamma

Random Gaming Thoughts

Yeah, games have stopped being hurdles, problems or puzzles to solve, and have started being looked at as entertainment that needs to welcome players as much as possible. Whenever I play an older game that doesn't hold my hand, even if it's the first time I'm going through it, it always feels...
  12. DrGamma

Random Gaming Thoughts

Try out the new System Shock demo that just came out. Having a lot of fun with it, it's a blast. Also, Shadow Tactics, AKA Commandos in feudal Japan is at 3,99 on Steam and for a game that's absolutely worth the 40 buck price tag, that deal is BANANAS.
  13. DrGamma

Temple, shrine, whatever the representation of two enormous mirrors on a cave wall represent... it lit up.
  14. DrGamma

Random Gaming Thoughts

Ah, you're talking about Valkyria Chronicles 4? Thought that you were asking about the first one.
  15. DrGamma

Proper context and following up on story is one of the biggest problems I had with the transition from Shenmue 2 to 3. The fact that 2 ends in such a grandiose reveal of Ryo's role in an enormous prophecy, and that we expect him to finally realise the thing he stepped into is bigger than it...
Back