Random Gaming Thoughts

It's a fantastic game, but I can see people dropping it if they're not into tactical turn-based stuff. It's a great intro to the genre, though.
I actually loved the first one, completed the remaster on PS4 as well. But for some reason, maybe a new cast of characters, just had no desire to play this one.

I actually loved the first one, completed the remaster on PS4 as well. But for some reason, maybe a new cast of characters, just had no desire to play this one.
Ah, you're talking about Valkyria Chronicles 4? Thought that you were asking about the first one.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 might be my favourite game of last-gen. If you liked the first, you'll love 4.
Cool. Looks like I'll be getting it this month through Humble. Although, I still haven't played more than a map or two of the first one.

Looks like the sexy people at Aspyr have done it again.

No doubt Limited Run Games will eventually put out some snazzy physical editions for this.

Now, I just need KOTOR on Switch, and I'm golden.

Anyone got any recommendations for recent-ish PC games to play? Just finished up Cyberpunk and now I'm not sure what to play next.

Thanks all. Just noticed it's also on sale on the Switch, though not the complete edition. Main advantage of getting it on Nintendo is the portability of course, so can play it during my work break or in bed. However, generally prefer my games to be on the PlayStation.

Oh, recentish... totally glazed over the word... my joke was way more of a dick move than I even intended haha

Control on max settings apparently pretty awesome I hear.

Anyone got any recommendations for recent-ish PC games to play? Just finished up Cyberpunk and now I'm not sure what to play next.
Try out the new System Shock demo that just came out. Having a lot of fun with it, it's a blast.

Also, Shadow Tactics, AKA Commandos in feudal Japan is at 3,99 on Steam and for a game that's absolutely worth the 40 buck price tag, that deal is BANANAS.

I am starting to believe that the contemporary quality of life features in video games are a double-edged sword. On one hand, it's great and makes the experience more enjoyable (in my opinion), while on the other, it sets up unrealistic expectations in the minds of players. I mean take a look at how Shenmue III was criticized for being "out of date".

Not every video game needs to have quality of life features to be great. I have been gaming since the 90s and I managed to survive playing hard games. Imagine trying to traverse the Legend of Zelda 86 map without the Internet. Maybe it's just me getting older, but players seem to be more spoiled and coddled these days.

I barely play PC games, but I really enjoyed my go at Hades. It's probably the best game that Super Giant has made yet.
No idea what kind of game it actually is, but I've been hearing a lot of great stuff about Hades lately! I'll definitely have to take a look at it soon.

Try out the new System Shock demo that just came out. Having a lot of fun with it, it's a blast.

Also, Shadow Tactics, AKA Commandos in feudal Japan is at 3,99 on Steam and for a game that's absolutely worth the 40 buck price tag, that deal is BANANAS.
Cool suggestions! Yeah that System Shock remake looks like a lot of fun.

I am starting to believe that the contemporary quality of life features in video games are a double-edged sword. On one hand, it's great and makes the experience more enjoyable (in my opinion), while on the other, it sets up unrealistic expectations in the minds of players. I mean take a look at how Shenmue III was criticized for being "out of date".

Not every video game needs to have quality of life features to be great. I have been gaming since the 90s and I managed to survive playing hard games. Imagine trying to traverse the Legend of Zelda 86 map without the Internet. Maybe it's just me getting older, but players seem to be more spoiled and coddled these days.
I've noticed this too. It's gotten to the point where there's more discussion and care about a games "QoL features" (or lack-thereof) than the core game content itself. It's absurd.

Back