Recent content by joethetimelord

1. joethetimelord

Deadly Premonition. YES or NO?

Gotta love the FBI.
  2. joethetimelord

DLC

It is in the main game. I hadn't finished the game yet when DLC installed and played the DLC to the end before buying the reverse body check.
  3. joethetimelord

The sky/clouds in Shenmue I

I always thought the 2d sky had a certain aesthetic. I noticed it even on dreamcast but it never bothered me or took me out of it. I even remember playing with the effect from time to time. At worst it reminded me of those shaky backgrounds from driving scenes in old movies, which themselves...
  4. joethetimelord

Deadly Premonition. YES or NO?

Of course play it. And watch everything David Lynch made. It's got more than just influence from Twin Peaks. The monsters are straight out of The Grandmother.
  5. joethetimelord

DLC

There's a chance they may lock that door in an update for that full Mad Angels effect, but even if they didn't it really doesn't change that much. It's not a huge house or anything.
  6. joethetimelord

Shenmue 3 is really amazing

I mean you can also look at the like/dislike ratios on youtube videos promoting Shenmue 3. It's clear that more people liked the game than didn't, warts and all. That was really my whole point. And having seen reviewbombs (for or against) on Metacritic, Shenmue 3 just doesn't really look like...
  7. joethetimelord

Shenmue’s Relevance In Modern Times

The harder a game tries to conform to today's standards the more likely I am to ignore it. If Shenmue 3 were announced as another Ubisoft/Rockstar style open world I would've been less interested. And God forbid if it became a battle royale. It didn't trade in its atmosphere and tone for easier...
  8. joethetimelord

DLC

I don't think you can. That said I'm pretty sure I didn't get close enough to Zhang's hiding place to find out. The funny thing is you can explore the entire building. It's just sitting right there.
  9. joethetimelord

Games Similar to Shenmue??

I completely forgot about Good Life. Since he announced Deadly Premonition 2 I thought he'd given up on it. Good to know it's still in development. He's really doubling down on his Twin Peaks vibes and I can't get enough of that.
  10. joethetimelord

It's all part of one story. I don't think any one Shenmue game has a better story than another, since it's all the same narrative. When I say Shenmue 3 is better narratively, I'm referring to its forward momentum and its focus on Ryo's growth as a fighter.
  11. joethetimelord

Games Similar to Shenmue??

I'm with stillsense here. Deadly Premonition ticks a lot of boxes that Shenmue ticks. Both are about a murder investigation, take place in comfy open world towns that focus more on atmosphere than sheer size, have a cast of memorable and likable characters, a real time day-night system, and a...
  12. joethetimelord

Shenmue 3 - Easy money in Niaowu (Patch 1.04)

For me, it was getting 5 Lan Dis. There are tons of ways to make money easily. Shenmue 2 was even easier to get rich quick thanks to direct cash-for-cash gambling. It was all a matter of finding the right dice hall. The only time I felt like I was grinding it was maxing out my health bar, and...
  13. joethetimelord

A vocal minority of 10 people are always going to be more visible than a silent majority of 100, especially on the internet, where you don't exist unless you speak. Shenmue 3 was a good game and Metacritic's user score speaks louder than critics who prefer generic cookie cutter open worlds and...
  14. joethetimelord

DLC

I found the final Spider house by accident. It was fun, and I liked the outfit I got out of it. Also liked finally seeing more than just the one Chawan sign pattern.
  15. joethetimelord

Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

That photo research is extremely telling that he's probably already going ahead with at least some production of Shenmue 4. Suzuki isn't as young as he used to be and I'm sure he's aware of this as well. Production will probably even be faster this time around because Ys Net had to pretty much...
Back