Recent content by Racast

1. Racast

Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

Yu Suzuki doesn't own Shenmue IP. He can work toward making a new game a possibility like he did with Shenmue 3, but ultimately it's all up to SEGA. SEGA may even decide to do something with Shenmue IP (impossible, I know) without Suzuki, leaving him completely in the dark. Yu Suzuki is simply...
  2. Racast

110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Nothing about Shenmue or Yu Suzuki, even while discussing crowdfunding games. He mostly talk about the game industry at large. Some bits that might be of interest to someone: - He got into the industry due to a chance meeting with Peter Moore and Bernie Stolar, the former presidents of Sega of...
  3. Racast

Updated Chi You Men Leaders Photo

They have a different hairstyle and colour. He looks more like this irrelevant guy in Shenmue 3, considering Yanlang is in this card too.
  4. Racast

Stumbled upon a new Japanese interview w/ Yu Suzuki?

Nothing really interesting. - Shenmue (VF RPG, I guess) was born from his desire to create less-restrictive RPG he himself would enjoy. - While "reality" aspect is important, first and foremost his games are "entertainment". - What matters is not size but density of the world. This is what...
  5. Racast

Thoughts on the story DLC

Ryo, too, was not amused.
  6. Racast

Story Quest DLC Apparantly Dropping on Feb 18th

The real spoilers this time.
  7. Racast

I only skimmed through the videos. I'm not going to be summarizing everything since I am not proficient in neither Japanese nor English. They talked about his arcade games, about the unique features of Shenmue that modern developers do not copying for one reason or another, about the meeting...
  8. Racast

This is an old interview from October. What's interesting, the interviewer is Masaya Matsukaze, the Japanese voice actor of Ryo. He just happens to be a host of this radio show that interviews various "legendary engineers" right now.
  9. Racast

Where is the mirror?

Do not underestimate Lan Di's helicopter.
  10. Racast

Is the timing of the QTE's broken?

If you play on PC, make sure that v-sync is enabled. Chickens QTEs were impossible (like 1/5 of a second) for me without it.
  11. Racast

A very strange (easily missable) cutscene with hotel owner.

I got this scene before I met Dejing, so I thought Ryo was just surprised to see Delin in Niaowu (they are stated to be almost identical in-universe).
  12. Racast

[REQUEST] Shenmue III - Skip all dialogue during gameplay

Activate debug mode and then press left on d-pad during dialogue or cutscenes. Keep in mind that it skips the whole dialogue, not just one line. Mostly useful for NG+ and skipping shopkeepers' nonsense.
  13. Racast

What do we know about the DLC?

https://www.siliconera.com/shenmue-3-trophies-hint-at-shenmue-3-dlc-activities/
  14. Racast

Shenmue 3 Funniest Moments

Ren sidequest:
Back