A very strange (easily missable) cutscene with hotel owner.

So the landlady of the hotel... anyone else find the strange cutscenes with her in the garden?.

- Go to the 2nd floor of the arcade
- Walk across the bridge where the lucky hit boards are
- Walk around the building to the corner.

If you approach from one side you get a cutscene of the hotel owner dancing with (I think) the barber in the garden.
But if you approach from the other side you get a scene with Delin's brothers showing her the brawling uppercut 2.

The odd thing about the 2nd one is Ryo says something really strange, aggressive and nonsensical.

So who else found it?.

I saw it, but at the time I thought it was the rich couple, not the landlady. But could be wrong.

Yeah, it's the landlady. I kept repeating it to see if any different ones would occur but it was always the same 2.

I've seen the cutscene of her in the garden flailing her arms with the guy. I thought it was a funny easter egg, but i wasn't really sure what they were doing haha

I got this scene before I met Dejing, so I thought Ryo was just surprised to see Delin in Niaowu (they are stated to be almost identical in-universe).

I got this scene before I met Dejing, so I thought Ryo was just surprised to see Delin in Niaowu (they are stated to be almost identical in-universe).

I got it before meeting Dejing as well but thought it was the ogre looking dude from Bailu for some reason :p

So the landlady of the hotel... anyone else find the strange cutscenes with her in the garden?.

- Go to the 2nd floor of the arcade
- Walk across the bridge where the lucky hit boards are
- Walk around the building to the corner.

If you approach from one side you get a cutscene of the hotel owner dancing with (I think) the barber in the garden.
But if you approach from the other side you get a scene with Delin's brothers showing her the brawling uppercut 2.

The odd thing about the 2nd one is Ryo says something really strange, aggressive and nonsensical.

So who else found it?.

The barber had a picture of the hotel landlady in his shop so that kinda makes sense for him to seen with her.
Delin's brother eh....maybe she's playing the field lol

Those lines just make it that much better. I think out of place dialogue should be a new gaming art form

Am I alone thinking that this is one of the most memorable parts of the game ?
Not for the cutscene, neither a jab to the narrative.
But I just love those moments where you get that little "extra" from just roaming around.

There's definitely some weirdness from what seems to be similar dialog being re-used in certain situations. Not only for this scene, but occasionally stuff like Ryo or Shenhua saying "hi" in the middle of a conversation where it probably would've made more sense to say "hey." It's a weird bit of vocal jank. Probably not reasonable to patch it out though, unless there's new recordings for DLC lined up or something.

I’ve seen both scenes. I also assumed they were both Easter eggs but Ryo’s line after seeing Delin’s showing off brawling uppercut 2 is bizarre-

Boy do I remember seeing this for the first time. I immediately thought to myself "Oh my God, I have to show others. This is friggin hilarious."

This also helps back up my near-two decade long theory that Ryo has been suffering significant brain damage ever since Lan Di whooped him silly in his dojo lol

Back