Recent content by squall

1. S

A Gamer's Journey (Shenmue Documentary) goes to Kickstarter

Ah crap, I just saw this! Hope I manage to see it while it's still up. Guessing it won't be much longer. Thanks though!
  2. S

A Gamer's Journey (Shenmue Documentary) goes to Kickstarter

Unfortunately the timing didn't work out for me. Such is life I guess.
  3. S

Kickstarter update #123 Backer reward walkthrough

I haven't been able to get this to work. But maybe it's a region thing. But posting up in case anyone else is in the same boat and got it to work. Sorry it's long. I chose Japanese region for my backer PS4 physical copy (stupid choice, since I'm in the USA...but I was doing it for collection...
  4. S

How are you enjoying Shenmue 3 (No spoilers please)

So I played a little longer today (still not much since the 1.02 patch just finally finished downloading). It's not perfect...but it sure does feel like Shenmue. The controls are better than my initial impression. Again, not perfect, but really not bad. Something about how the background...
  5. S

The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

Eh, maybe they only played for 15 minutes? Assuming dialogue gets better later? Because I certainly noticed it with the first 5 people I have talked to. And in my opinion is more awkward than in 1 & 2. I'm hoping this improves, because so far it seems at least half of my conversations have...
  6. S

Backer Copies | General Thread & Shipping Information

I got mine yesterday. The outer box of the LRG Collector's Edition has a couple spots where the ink was already rubbed off down to the foil under it (spots on the edges and top corner). That's a little disappointing. Especially since I don't really see damage from shipping. But....oh well...
  7. S

How are you enjoying Shenmue 3 (No spoilers please)

I've only played maybe 10-15 minutes, and don't have the day 1 patch installed yet (with my internet, it said about 63 hours to download...) but I certainly had a similar feeling about the opening scenes/dialogue/transitions. A bit choppy and unnatural. And...well, this is Shenmue, so it...
  8. S

That's pretty crappy. Especially for any who took time off work to play. Hope it gets to you sooner than it says.
  9. S

Well, my tracking # now shows as being delivered around noon (this morning it said Friday). I haven't been home yet to verify. I just got a shipping notification email from fangamer for my Kickstarter PS4 copy. But it only says the label has been created. But I guess that's better than nothing.
  10. S

My tracking updated...now it says Friday. It's been about 3 hours away for over a day...and they can't get it here until sometime tomorrow? Not too impressed with UPS, or with LRG since they ultimately are in charge of shipping it in a way that should be delivered NEAR release. Sigh.
  11. S

My LRG Collector's Edition is supposed to arrive tomorrow. It took it a day and a half to travel like 5 hours. And I was really smart and chose Japanese region for my Kickstarter, so who knows when I'll get that. I haven't received any sort of shipping notifications for my Kickstarter stuff...
  12. S

Shenmue III Demo Codes Give away and Request Thread.

Should be able to give my code. I don't think I'm going to have any way to use it personally. What's the procedure?
  13. S

Shenmue 3 Collectors Editions. Where to Buy

I did the same thing. It just popped up as an add-on so I added it thinking I wanted the extra protection...then I read the description later. LRG was nice enough to refund my $2.13 for the box. Now my wife won't mind so much that I bought the CE.....
  14. S

Can you sue them for plagiarism when they steal that headline?
  15. S

LOL. I was coming back on to make a joke about buyers of the collector's edition wanting refunds because of EPIC FIASCO....but I've been beaten to the punchline. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if some idiots actually do. I saw comments in the Shenmue documentary kickstarter comments...
Back