Recent content by Superrayman3

1. S

Would you be happy if Shenmue 4 was the final game?

Personally I'd prefer 5 games as originally envisioned but if that isn't possible then I'd settle with 4 being the final game so long as he can get as much of the story told as he possibly can without compromising his vision significantly (I was hoping for a little more exposition about the plot...
  2. S

Anyone here have the Shenmue Beta 0.400 GDI?

Actually the GDI hasn't seemingly been wiped from the internet since the closure of Iso Zone, you can actually find a mirror link for the GDI in the same thread you linked to on page 5 that's been available since 2015 and still works...
  3. S

Theory: The Boat Chapter - The new What's Shenmue?

I can see this going either way, for me personally (assuming it's the actual chapter 2 on the way to Hong Kong as originally intended and not just the ideas and concepts being re-purposed for the present story), I'd like it to be either a flashback or a memory/dream sequence in III similarly to...
  4. S

Shenmue Audio Restoration Project.

Honest mistakes happen from time to time Peter so I'm pretty sure most users can understand your reasoning for it (and in fairness, let's be honest, it was a bit confusing having two separate threads with the exact same title so I can see how one could have easily gotten them confused with each...
  5. S

Vague speculation from insider on problems with this port...

Having western developers develop ports of older Japanese games in and of itself isn't a bad thing, the problem lies in the fact that the original Japanese company responsible for the original version (in this case SOJ) offered little to no assistance to d3t during the development at all (I mean...
  6. S

PC Gamer Interview with D3T about bringing Shenmue 1 & 2 to PC/back to life.

That's the exact same kind of vibe I'm getting from that article and if that's actually true than SEGA is more to blame than d3t (whom I don't blame for any of this mess although those party posts they show do bug me a little bit given the current situation, SEGA made the decision to release the...
  7. S

Save Scumming for Dural Gold

BlueMue probably figured it out through massive amounts of trial and error, if we do the math 2200 raffles divided by 10 winning cans per scumming attempt (if we go by the method BlueMue described) and it took BlueMue 220 restarts exact to get the gold Dural figure, and when you also consider...
  8. S

Shenmue I & II Issues & Bugs Thread: Shenmue Dojo Part 1

Yes it is because I've done it personally, if I still had a working DC I'd happily record a video for proof that it can be done.
  9. S

It's possible, you just have to spend your money on either capsule toys or lighters (lighters are your best bet IMO) before meeting Wong for the first time, Sam, Larry and Cool Z/J only take the money in Ryo's bag not the actual items so if you invest in either kind of item you can recover a...
  10. S

You could buy a bunch of lighters as well if you had the money (in the original releases DC/XBOX they were Zippo branded lighters however the Zippo branding along with all other official brandings associated with Shenmue I & II was removed for the rerelease), I almost always buy lighters before...
  11. S

Do you think the Demo will be divisive?

Yu Suzuki is so close to achieving his vision so I don't think his spirits will be dampened too much (he's probably a little sad about the heckling but unfortunately that's how the internet can be sad as it is, I'm just glad we have something new to hold us over and a release date announced so...
  12. S

Do you think the Demo will be divisive?

We'll just have to wait and see for the time being, Yu Suzuki has surprised people in the past with what he's been able to pull off so if anybody can successfully achieve the herculean accomplishment of making a game that lives up to expectations after more than 15+ years of waiting, I'd say...
  13. S

Shenmue I & II Subtitle Question

With over a week of Shenmue I & II's release there's one question I've wondered from day 1 that I haven't been able to find the answer for, does the rerelease include a seperate subtitle track for the Japanese dialog that accurately translates the original script or do both audio options use the...
  14. S

As others have said GIVE IT SOME TIME, porting Shenmue I & II to various platforms was a hurculean task in itself, unfortunately the timeframe was probably very short for development so problems were sure to crop up, does it suck yes, but at least these issues can and probably will be fixed in...
  15. S

SIII Character Model Discussion

Honestly my only gripe with Lan Di's face is that it literally looks almost exactly like Kazuma's from the Yakuza series instead of having facial features more akin to Lau Chan from the Virtua Fighter series who served as the base foundation for the Lan Di character design.
Back