Recent content by VukBZ2005

1. VukBZ2005

Should the Shenmue Anime bring back the original voice actors for Ryo?

I am on board with replacing the original voice actors for the ENG & JP versions. Anime fans are quite selective about their preferences. So, success means meeting those they consider relevant.
  2. VukBZ2005

Shenmue 3 is really amazing

To a degree, all reviews are padded. That doesn't mean there isn't any truth to them. It could be that a plurality of reviewers feel the game deserves "4 & a half" stars.
  3. VukBZ2005

Sales of Shenmue III: Where are we now?

If Embracer says, "Shenmue III was the principle DS revenue driver in the quarter," then how does that equal to DS "losing money" on it as that analyst claimed?
  4. VukBZ2005

I honestly don't think it's below 100K units. We know for a fact that the Shenmue series has a higher level of popularity in the US & UK than it does in Japan. Also, around the time of the Shenmue III launch, it was discounted in America for the Thanksgiving holiday by various retailers...
  5. VukBZ2005

IMO, it's ridiculous to believe the number coming from a video game app that's known for discrepancies. Also, IMO, it's problematic to read too much into a 3rd Party report that doesn't use hard sales data as the foundation for its conclusions. Before we go off the deep end, we need to wait...
  6. VukBZ2005

Seeing how everything's turning out, I wouldn't be surprised to see a report of 285K-315K+ Shenmue III units sold so far. If that's so, for real, then I expect the game's lifetime sales to hover around 550K to 700K. That, IMHO, should be enough for the right people to decide the series should...
  7. VukBZ2005

Why the story in Shenmue 3 is good/Why the story in Shenmue 3 is bad

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions. However, for the user "HazukiFCBR" to say that "It's not Shenmue", especially in the way he has, is ridiculous. Anyone who seriously loves Shenmue can tell from the moment you "hit the ground" in Bailu that Shenmue III's a Shenmue game. I think this...
  8. VukBZ2005

Nozomi aweful voice acting.

I agree with those that say it wasn’t the VA that was bad, it was her demeanor overall. IMHO, If the VA received enough direction, the whole conversation would’ve come off better.
  9. VukBZ2005

SHENMUE III SALES ~PROJECTION POLL THREAD~

Like many of you, I'm concerned about how well the game's going to do. That's especially so when DS has an old version of the lead character on the cover! Still, as people like "Down by Law" have pointed out, it's two weeks too early to say anything serious. I mean, the general perception of...
  10. VukBZ2005

First exposure to Shenmue...?

IIRC, it was in late 1997 I was exposed to Shenmue. Specifically, it was in an in-depth interview a video game magazine did with Mr. Suzuki. In it, he detailed how he came up with the idea for the game. He also gave a deep insight into the direction he wanted to go with it. That inspired me...
  11. VukBZ2005

Fact-checking the Shenmue III bedlam

Some of us here think the people at Resetera are children. While that may be true to a degree, it's also true there are a lot of immature adults "trolling teh webs" there that are 35+. At some point, we can't keep blaming some youth for the reactionary nature of their older peers vis-a-vis the...
  12. VukBZ2005

IIRC, some of the people over there were also doubting the Nintendo Switch was going to sell well. We all saw where that prediction ended up at.
  13. VukBZ2005

People like them don't deserve our energy. As I implied in a past post before, there's no real point in posting at Resetera. It's a visual representation of the flaming trash that's "gamer culture."
  14. VukBZ2005

The negativity surrounding Shenmue3

Like many of you, I wish DS would work with the community more. It will help to get the word out on Shenmue III in so many ways. Also, given the concerning marketing situation, especially in China AFAIK, I would consider an SIII sales number of 500K-1M as both reasonable & grounds for...
  15. VukBZ2005

Project Update #104: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net

I feel most of these people are looking for something to be outraged on. I want them gone from our environment. Hopefully, they will be when they get their refunds. They are toxic to the extreme and are actively attempting to obfuscate the potentially good things happening with this game...
Back