Random Gaming Thoughts

Has anyone gotten an email like this or heard anything about this?

View attachment 11704
Yes, just checked and I got one too. If it would have been a survey I wouldn’t hesitate to participate, but I don’t like face-to-face interviews like that, even if it’s online. I would be interested to see what they’d ask about though…

So I played a few rounds of dead or alive scarlet and felt nothing. Now I'm just wondering if anyone else tried to srsly play these games and gotten the "Horny" factor?
No, but your query reminded me of why Koei Tecmo is one of my least favorite Japanese companies next to Konami. I have never seen such exploitation outside of "free-to-play" mobile titles for cash and the Dead or Alive series is a blatant example of this in practice.

I can not remember the exact amount, but I remember hearing that Dead or Alive 5 Last Round had anywhere from one thousand to three thousand dollars in downloadable content. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 I saw had the same issue and heard the gameplay was truncated in installing this same practice. Even in non-Dead or Alive titles, the Atelier series fell victim to this as well (albeit not as bad as Dead or Alive).

If it was not for a few titles like the Tales of series, Ninja Gaiden, and Nioh I would have washed my hands of this company a long time ago. Though I can not place the entire blame on Koei Tecmo themselves. Consumers are just as guilty of enabling such practices with their own money.

No, but your query reminded me of why Koei Tecmo is one of my least favorite Japanese companies next to Konami. I have never seen such exploitation outside of "free-to-play" mobile titles for cash and the Dead or Alive series is a blatant example of this in practice.

I can not remember the exact amount, but I remember hearing that Dead or Alive 5 Last Round had anywhere from one thousand to three thousand dollars in downloadable content. Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 I saw had the same issue and heard the gameplay was truncated in installing this same practice. Even in non-Dead or Alive titles, the Atelier series fell victim to this as well (albeit not as bad as Dead or Alive).

If it was not for a few titles like the Tales of series, Ninja Gaiden, and Nioh I would have washed my hands of this company a long time ago. Though I can not place the entire blame on Koei Tecmo themselves. Consumers are just as guilty of enabling such practices with their own money.
I've been slowly getting into the Atelier series since I've borrowed my relatives switch and he's got quite the bundled collections.

I'm still holding out personally for a Kessen IV, More Ars Tenelico stuff, & a proper return to form Fatal Frame. The last one was good, but dam bouncing boobies and casts of thicc gravure models is sooo dam distracting lol. It's lost the scare factor on me.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake Integrade
I'm not even a big FF fan in general, but man does this game look good or what?
(screenshots are from the first 90 minutes of the game,
all of it is ingame and created with the new screenshot function, made in the 60 fps performance mode)

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE_20210610152223.png
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE_20210610162222.png
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE_20210610161600.png
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE_20210610180754.png
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE_20210610184901.png

Why do I buy games at launch?

Heck I even waited until the game was on sale... Maybe there will be a PS5 Free Upgrade but we've seen how that has been 50/50...

talking of kojima. do you guys think he will ever make another mgs game?
I dont think so. I mean that would mean that Konami would need to sell or outsource
the IP or that they are okay with Kojima being back on board and it doesnt seem very realistic.
I mean, i could see like a MGS Remake where Konami just gives the green light
for a different studio and they 'simply' recreate MGS 1 without Kojima.
But a new MGS game by Kojima and Konami. I dont think so.
I think Konami doesnt want to be seen as weak or rather
they know that the gaming community nowadays arent the biggest Konami fans,
so Konami is like 'well, then you guys just wont get anything and we make more pachinko machines'.

Isnt that kind of what the Death Stranding DC trailer is?
Like a message from Kojima that he would be interested in another 'stealth game project',
so he picks up this stealth box / old project from the shelf,
looks into it, remembers how it was and how it works
but realizes that its from the past, so he puts it back.
I dont know, thats how i understood it. But you could also just see it as a funny 'insider joke' i guess.

Reactions: red
I dont think so. I mean that would mean that Konami would need to sell or outsource
the IP or that they are okay with Kojima being back on board and it doesnt seem very realistic.
I mean, i could see like a MGS Remake where Konami just gives the green light
for a different studio and they 'simply' recreate MGS 1 without Kojima.
But a new MGS game by Kojima and Konami. I dont think so.
I think Konami doesnt want to be seen as weak or rather
they know that the gaming community nowadays arent the biggest Konami fans,
so Konami is like 'well, then you guys just wont get anything and we make more pachinko machines'.

Isnt that kind of what the Death Stranding DC trailer is?
Like a message from Kojima that he would be interested in another 'stealth game project',
so he picks up this stealth box / old project from the shelf,
looks into it, remembers how it was and how it works
but realizes that its from the past, so he puts it back.
I dont know, thats how i understood it. But you could also just see it as a funny 'insider joke' i guess.

It depends, if Konami ever struck a deal to outsource their IPs while making some profit off of them (i.e kind of what SEGA is doing with their classic IPs) then I could see a deal being worked out. As in "financed by Sony" kind of deal. But the real question is "does Kojima want to do more Metal Gear?"

I still hold out hope for Silent Hills to come back...even if its impossible. It's not like Konami is doing anything with these IP's other than Pachinko machines...so why not outsource them and make some profit from them while letting other studios finance their creation?

As for Death Stranding: Directors Cut....do we really need a directors cut for a game that was already SO Auteur heavy the first time around? I thought it was PLENTY Kojima enough without needing another Directors Cut or what not.

Back