110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/05/sadly-there-are-currently-no-plans-for-shenmue-4#comments

The media are so useless. It must be nice to get paid a good salary just to lie and misreport everything. Zero accountability or responsibility. Just release whatever you want regardless of the truth.

Sadly, we live in an era where common sense and critical thinking is long dead. People read whatever online and believe it as fact without doing their own research. The scary thing is they will repeat this misinformation in real life believing they came to those conclusions on their own. How nuts is that?

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/05/sadly-there-are-currently-no-plans-for-shenmue-4#comments

The media are so useless. It must be nice to get paid a good salary just to lie and misreport everything. Zero accountability or responsibility. Just release whatever you want regardless of the truth.

Sadly, we live in an era where common sense and critical thinking is long dead. People read whatever online and believe it as fact without doing their own research. The scary thing is they will repeat this misinformation in real life believing they came to those conclusions on their own. How nuts is that?
That title is horrible.

The scary thing is they will repeat this misinformation in real life believing they came to those conclusions on their own. How nuts is that?

tenor.gif

Nothing about Shenmue or Yu Suzuki, even while discussing crowdfunding games. He mostly talk about the game industry at large.
Some bits that might be of interest to someone:
- He got into the industry due to a chance meeting with Peter Moore and Bernie Stolar, the former presidents of Sega of America.
- (His company) only work with "safe" projects.
- They want to work with the best people in the industry. It's not that easy, however, as the best studios always have their hands full and competition is very high.
- They have no interest in mediocre projects that will leave no mark in the company's portfolio.
- They want to find the right balance between corporate interests and creativity.
Sounds like a cool company to me. I think they’d be a perfect match.

I swear we could make a bogus thread, fill it up with comments and act like its real. The media would run with it. Thats how useless they are

"Yu suzuki has secured funding for shenmue 4 and 5 from Queen elizabeth"

"Shenmue has been sold to aliens on mars."

They'd actually report on it.

.... We're NOT doing that btw lol. But you see me point

So-called gaming journalists are like drug addicts these days. They would do everything to get their klicks. They are not here to report accurate stuff anymore.

So that stuff cannot be taken seriously anymore. In reality, nothing has changed concerning S4. it might happen it might not happen.

I still hope that is going to happen. Messing around online to keep the business running is a bad habit way to commonplace in today's media landscape.

It is not nice to play with the feelings o the fans.

That is unfortunate but that's no reason to be negative. We are still in the some position we were yesterday.

Anyone with half a brain cell wouldn't read that tat anyway. Doesn't even have to be related to Shenmue lol.

Turn those frowns upside-down. We got stuck in a cave for 15 years we've been here before. We just got done with a anime and we still have the documentary and the Dragon & Phoenix collection to look forward to. Everything is trending upwards. I still believe Shenmue 4 is coming.

Turn those frowns upside-down. We got stuck in a cave for 15 years we've been here before. We just got done with a anime and we still have the documentary and the Dragon & Phoenix collection to look forward to. Everything is trending upwards. I still believe Shenmue 4 is coming.
This right here! Just be patient and keep hoping.

I can tell many of you are not Twin Peaks fans, you would have died from all the waiting :p

It's actually crazy how none of these game "journalists" have checked the source. The "no concrete plans" quote is bogus, appears nowhere in the livestream, the Famitsu article, or the IGN Japan recap - yet it's the line being reported.

If I did my job this badly I would be fucking *fired*.

It's actually crazy how none of these game "journalists" have checked the source. The "no concrete plans" quote is bogus, appears nowhere in the livestream, the Famitsu article, or the IGN Japan recap - yet it's the line being reported.

If I did my job this badly I would be fucking *fired*.

The thing is here they didn't do their job badly... They did it right.

Their goal is that you click on the story, get some ads so that the website can make some dimes off of people credulity.

The thing is here they didn't do their job badly... They did it right.

Their goal is that you click on the story, get some ads so that the website can make some dimes off of people credulity.
Nice twist. And this is being media neutral to Shenmue (i suppose).. imagine as "enemies"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back