110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol surree. 🍌
To be clear, all I meant is that I find it interesting how there's an odd gatekeeping energy about all of this (as if we didn't endure it with S3). I also have my suspicions about all of this, and they ain't promising.

That said, as I know you enjoy wrestling: I volunteer to be slaughtered on your knee with a Rod Stunt finishing move if it brings us all S4. Please nurse me back to life if there's no Chobu-chan hidden on Lan-Di's robes, though...

yikes... just checked recent news in Spain located game media and the most of them c&p'ed "no plans for it" :(
I concede a blogger falling at but, pro media? ironically the longrunning HobbyConsolas hasn't moved from the previous cautious but hopeful headlines hehe*

*Long time ago they had a slip with a mag cover stating "Shenmue II for Xbox... & PS2!!! - We've played it"
Sorry Hobby fellas, the old guard never forget

out of curiosity, i ask the users who noted the incorrect statement: how much time did you spent fact-checking?
Was 1h maybe to find maybe?troll.png

Last edited:
yikes... just checked recent news in Spain located game media and the most of them c&p'ed "no plans for it" :(
I concede a blogger falling at but, pro media? ironically the longrunning HobbyConsolas hasn't moved from the previous cautious but hopeful headlines hehe*

*Long time ago they had a slip with a mag cover stating "Shenmue II for Xbox... & PS2!!! - We've played it"

out of curiosity, i ask the users who noted the incorrect statement: how much time did you spent fact-checking?
Hobby Sontrolas, I was still in High School when they released that fucking cover

I think the whole couple of weeks thing is kind of semantics. When I have announced something, when I use a "couple of weeks" I usually mean at least 2-3 weeks but it ends up being longer than that. 110 Industries definately have something to announce related to Shenmue that they are sitting on and teasing, but how long will that wait be? It could be another week or two before they announce. Something has definately been confirmed for them to start teasing and saying that they have a big announcement to make but I think it's best to be cautiously optimistic about rumors in general, especially in this space.

Got to admit I feel bummed with the lack of confirmation, but i've also found out that after waiting a month for a mortgage offer, they came back to me with £9k less than what I need, (getting a house is a fucking joke in the UK right now). It's also been 3 years since i've seen my girlfriend last, so that's clouding my judgment and making me feel rubbish.

I'm also disappointed that news sites have been exploding with "no Shenmue 4" news compared to "rumoured Shenmue 4" news, but the sad truth is that negative news generates more clicks. Wish I didn't bother reading the comments on those news articles though; some people are just utter jerks.

But I have to keep reminding myself that the anime was successful and lots of people are happy with it. We're in a very strong position.

Despite trying to be patient, I guess I have myself to blame for getting too excited. Any other time I wouldn't be so upset about it, but today kinda stings a little. I still believe it will come, but I sure hope sooner rather than later.

EDIT: Regarding Push Square, i'll give them a little slack as the guy who wrote the piece had Shenmue III as his game of the year and has always been supportive of the series.

Last edited:
I think the whole couple of weeks thing is kind of semantics. When I have announced something, when I use a "couple of weeks" I usually mean at least 2-3 weeks but it ends up being longer than that. 110 Industries definately have something to announce related to Shenmue that they are sitting on and teasing, but how long will that wait be? It could be another week or two before they announce. Something has definately been confirmed for them to start teasing and saying that they have a big announcement to make but I think it's best to be cautiously optimistic about rumors in general, especially in this space.
@Reprise TO ME!!

Would have been cool if something was announced today, but was always a bit pie in the sky. Just sit tight for a bit longer and we'll see what shakes out.

I've also found out that after waiting a month for a mortgage offer, they came back to me with £9k less than what I need, (getting a house is a fucking joke in the UK right now).
Sorry to hear this man.

Off-topic, but have got something similar going on and struggling to get an agreement in principle because my earnings are supposedly too low. Apparently I can't pay a £400 mortgage, but can pay £800 rent? 🙄

Got to admit I feel bummed with the lack of confirmation, but i've also found out that after waiting a month for a mortgage offer, they came back to me with £9k less than what I need, (getting a house is a fucking joke in the UK right now). It's also been 3 years since i've seen my girlfriend last, so that's clouding my judgment and making me feel rubbish.

I'm also disappointed that news sites have been exploding with "no Shenmue 4" news compared to "rumoured Shenmue 4" news, but the sad truth is that negative news generates more clicks. Wish I didn't bother reading the comments on those news articles though; some people are just utter jerks.

But I have to keep reminding myself that the anime was successful and lots of people are happy with it. We're in a very strong position.

Despite trying to be patient, I guess I have myself to blame for getting too excited. Any other time I wouldn't be so upset about it, but today kinda stings a little. I still believe it will come, but I sure hope sooner rather than later.

EDIT: Regarding Push Square, i'll give them a little slack as the guy who wrote the piece had Shenmue III as his game of the year and has always been supportive of the series.

Would have been cool if something was announced today, but was always a bit pie in the sky. Just sit tight for a bit longer and we'll see what shakes out.

Sorry to hear this man.

Off-topic, but have got something similar going on and struggling to get an agreement in principle because my earnings are supposedly too low. Apparently I can't pay a £400 mortgage, but can pay £800 rent? 🙄

Sorry to hear that fellas. Keep the faith. It will work out in the end 🙏

We should have a thread on uk housing. God knows it's more necessary now than ever before with the state of the country.

Trying to get a mortgage and onto the property ladder fucking sucks. The hoops they make you jump through is ridiculous, not to mention they constantly move the goal posts.

I went through it a few years ago and it was such a pain. The worst part was I was on a zero hours contract at the time and most banks wouldn't touch me. Got through it in the end though and I'm sure you guys will too. Best of luck.

Housing market in America is also horrible. 3 br homes where I live cost, no joke, a minimum of $425-450,000, in not very nice neighborhoods. Prices must've gone up 50-75% in a year and now interest rates are also going up. No kidding. I luckily bought my house right before things went insane, but were still going bad, and I can't believe what the internet tells me it's worth right now. It's a nice house, but THAT nice? Yikes.

tenor.gif

I feel worse for Star Wars fans with what they got today

I have heard a few big cats say a correction on the housing market is expected to happen soon. Hopefully that helps a lot of people out there

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/05/sadly-there-are-currently-no-plans-for-shenmue-4#comments

The media are so useless. It must be nice to get paid a good salary just to lie and misreport everything. Zero accountability or responsibility. Just release whatever you want regardless of the truth.

Sadly, we live in an era where common sense and critical thinking is long dead. People read whatever online and believe it as fact without doing their own research. The scary thing is they will repeat this misinformation in real life believing they came to those conclusions on their own. How nuts is that?
It really feels like games media has never actually done Shenmue justice. Recently this rumor of a Jet Set Radio sequel got found out. As part of SEGA's super game initiative. People thought it means ''live service'' but that's wrong and games media reported on it like that. It just so happens that ONE OF the super games they have in mind is an online game. In reality super game just means a big budget game with lots of marketing. Ppl really have to read between the quotes. because everything that isn't stated, just mentioned in the article NOT by the developer or reliable source is bull. Where did they hear that S4 isn't being worked on? THEY MADE IT UP.

Games urinalism at it's finest.

Last edited:

Was 1h maybe to find maybe?View attachment 15443
since when is S2 on PS2 lmao

Well, funny you should say that. Yu Suzuki liked Animal Crossing so much he decided to turn Shenmue IV into Shenhua's Home Designer. Sorry.

Hate to admit it, but ive never played animal crossing. Need to get on it soon

What if their big announcement is Yu Suzuki joining 110 as an advisor like that EA guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back