110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look what they teased in Feb' 2020...

View attachment 14885

View attachment 14886
110 industries CEO has really taken a good picture for avatar, with his hands over the face like omg!: it works for teasing Virtua Fighter Reboots, Shenmue sequels and with Ukraine. Every CEO should copy his photo pose, its ideal for every possible scenario. Seriously this mayhem must stop now
EDIT (ufff): but that was just a single retweet right? Nothing in comparison with this engagement... Probably he found funny/humble Ed Boon saying that (I feel it both) and liked that.

It's outrageous Sega never outsourced something like Space Harrier or VF to Yu, especially with how much luck they've had outrourcing games lately. Maybe VF is a bit too ambitious, but Space Harrier or Out Run could've been amazing games to let him work on.

I'm greedy. Gimme that Anime AND Game. I want the xzibit yo dawg we put Shenmue in your Shenmue effect πŸ˜…
The moment the series continuity are confirmed to be concluded, with a satisfactory ending, that's when we start making campaigns suggesting we want a prequel in form of standalone game DLC.
When that happens, that's when a bloody-relentless hunt seriously deep research for old betas and prototypes will occur.
And just then, just when every single piece of Shenmue in the universe it's been fully reunited, we finally add the heck of cut content to every chapter of the 6 episodes long epic bundle restrain ourselves.

It's outrageous Sega never outsourced something like Space Harrier or VF to Yu, especially with how much luck they've had outrourcing games lately. Maybe VF is a bit too ambitious, but Space Harrier or Out Run could've been amazing games to let him work on.
I think they’re smart enough to know that VF still has value though. Even though they didnβ€˜t do anything with it for a long time, it still had value to them that I assume they would want to keep in house.

Yeah, it’s probably well beyond the skills of a small studio, but some of his other IPs seem like very easy and high profile games for Ys Net to work on. I don’t think people would ignore a new Out Run or Space Harrier developed by Yu Suzuki. He seriously JUST asked Sega to let him work on Space Harrier a couple months ago in an interview. I assume he has a concept or two ready.

www.phantomriverstone.com

Interview with Yu Suzuki: Arcade1Up OutRun | 4Gamer Mar 2022

A blog on the Shenmue series of games from Yu Suzuki with a mission to translate articles, videos and updates for English-speaking fans.

Yu Suzuki: I wonder if you could make those two in Arcade1Up size as well (laughs). I would especially like to create a sequel to Space Harrier. If I receive a request, I will make it right away. Please let Sega know (laughs).

Why not both? I wouldn’t mind having two versions of this story he told in their entirety. Hell, maybe the anime could make up for areas cut from the game. Maybe Baisha could be a thing in the anime since it probably won’t be in IV going forward (pending)

I wouldn’t mind having two versions play out in parallel.

I do mostly want this series to end as a game though. That I agree with.
No I agree both would be ideal, but in my head conplete the story in game mode first before finishing up the anime. It would be weird seeing the story play out on screen before it was experienced in game format. Both are awesome in their own way.

yep they pretty much ignored me. Lovely.

It would be weird seeing the story play out on screen before it was experienced in game format.
Agreed. I don’t think I could handle another Game of Thrones scenario. In an ideal world, Shenmue 4 and season 2 would come out at around the same time with the latter being a compilation of Shenmue 3 and Shenmue 4 (or S3 and half of S4). Then, 18 months or so later we’d get Shennue 5 and a third season of the anime to wrap everything up. Wishful thinking, I know, but yeah.

Can't say I'm surprised they've sort of stopped liking etc.

But the rumours won't go away which is very interesting.
I think they possibly might of realised what they were doing and forgetting that we could also see their activities around the rumour. But yes very interesting the rumours flame won't go die out but also very strange how noone on 110industries side has yet to come forward and address it properly.

Tried to keep the fire stoking by writing a letter on the GameCentral website

1650012180405.png

Their reply is a little snarky, but I consider them to be more of a critical friend. Their 6/10 review of Shenmue III seemed pretty fair to be honest and they're not one to go over the top with reviews (getting a 9/10 is bloody hard).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back