110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without a doubt it is logical to wait until that time my friend, but I just t don't understand why drop likes and comments and but not fully address it? If your company for example is being quoted all over the net and there's a possibility of a lie inserted in say article why not end it before gaining traction? It's just the silence is making me feel antsy lol
It keeps the hype going. We're still talking about it so that's one thing.

Secondly they probably have a timeline they're working to for whatever the project is so anything extra in terms is decent publicity.

It keeps the hype going. We're still talking about it so that's one thing.

Secondly they probably have a timeline they're working to for whatever the project is so anything extra in terms is decent publicity.
I'll be interested to see if something else materialises in the next few weeks/months and it once again leads back to their studio, if it does then I think we could safely say something is brewing. But I can see what you're point is any extra is good for them but it just drives us even more nuts. 😂

Guys, considering not only the final scene of Shenmue 3 and also the "akira rpg chapters", what, in a serious way, would you imagine a Shenmue 4 trailer?
The way I think up trailers while I'm daydreaming in the shower, the most epic thrilling adventure of all time!!!!

Guys, considering not only the final scene of Shenmue 3 and also the "akira rpg chapters", what, in a serious way, would you imagine a Shenmue 4 trailer?
I really feel we'll see wuxia duel/s in trailer because Yu declared his interest in Mulan and also consumed wuxia hongkong classics like every 60s-70s kid, it would gain more appeal to newer audiences. I hope if they recover the sword fight/s they dont disregard punches,etc. but a Bushido Blade style 1hit death sword duels wow that would buy me even more.

I think that honestly, we won't get a verbal confirmation from 110 industries. They might keep liking/hinting/stoking the flames, but I really don't think they would just come out and say "Yes we are making Shenmue IV with Yu Suzkui". They especially won't just reply to some random people tweeting at them on their social platforms, or who are emailing them directly (which seems to be a bit over the top to be honest).

They shouldn't have replied directly to someone saying they should do Shenmue IV with "OH HEY Guess why Yu Suzuki was with us last year!? Wink wink wink" then... As I said, shit or get off the pot. Teases suck and I have never known a single publisher do something like this before (other than the whole Silent Hill thing). Unless I live under a rock.

They shouldn't have replied directly to someone saying they should do Shenmue IV with "OH HEY Guess why Yu Suzuki was with us last year!? Wink wink wink" then... As I said, shit or get off the pot.
This I agree with. They should of just kept it quiet to begin with and not said anything until closer to the right time to do so. Even if yu was at their stream and did indeed make a pitch nothing was set in concrete anyway, they could of said no to the initial pitch and just said in general conversation to the fan "guess why he appeared 😉😉😉 to make a pitch."

This I agree with. They should of kept it quiet to begin with and not said anything until closer to the right appropriate time to do so.
I think their reply and the rumors appearance was right on the time. Social media started to tweet these rumors last two weeks, and it was almost the end of the anime. At least fans can hype for S4 with the ending of anime.

They shouldn't have replied directly to someone saying they should do Shenmue IV with "OH HEY Guess why Yu Suzuki was with us last year!? Wink wink wink" then... As I said, shit or get off the pot. Teases suck and I have never known a single publisher do something like this before (other than the whole Silent Hill thing). Unless I live under a rock.
I mean, if they are working with Yu (which it looks like they are), then yes, they should have. Those single comments and likes, which have cost them nothing, have generated a huge amount of free PR, a shit load of articles on major news publication sites, traffic to their own website (and by proxy their other games), and have created a lot of hype for Shenmue.

If you are trying to make a buzz around something, you don't start it, and then just confirm/shut it down straight away. It makes sense to let people question it, to let the hype build and then confirm it when they are ready. Especially when they are getting all this traffic out of it.

For all we know, their first video at TGS last year with Yu could have been their first attempt at this "tease" of Shenmue IV. They could have hoped that we would go mad like we are now, but the video kind of fell a bit flat with the community as Shenmue IV wasn't directly mentioned. The original comment, that got this whole thing going, was in direct relation to that video, so that could also back up those claims.

Yet again, people seem to be getting pissed off at 110 Industries, which I don't think is valid. Yes, if in the future nothing comes of this, and it turns out they were using Shenmue IV to build their name, get free articles which they are funnelling into their other projects, then yes, hate them all you want, but at the moment, they are the best chance we have for helping Yu, and in turn Shenmue IV. Let them play this out, instead of giving them an ultimatum.

Be patient and see what happens.

I mean, if they are working with Yu (which it looks like they are), then yes, they should have. Those single comments and likes, which have cost them nothing, have generated a huge amount of free PR, a shit load of articles on major news publication sites, traffic to their own website (and by proxy their other games), and have created a lot of hype for Shenmue.

If you are trying to make a buzz around something, you don't start it, and then just confirm/shut it down straight away. It makes sense to let people question it, to let the hype build and then confirm it when they are ready. Especially when they are getting all this traffic out of it.

For all we know, their first video at TGS last year with Yu could have been their first attempt at this "tease" of Shenmue IV. They could have hoped that we would go mad like we are now, but the video kind of fell a bit flat with the community as Shenmue IV wasn't directly mentioned. The original comment, that got this whole thing going, was in direct relation to that video, so that could also back up those claims.

Yet again, people seem to be getting pissed off at 110 Industries, which I don't think is valid. Yes, if in the future nothing comes of this, and it turns out they were using Shenmue IV to build their name, get free articles which they are funnelling into their other projects, then yes, hate them all you want, but at the moment, they are the best chance we have for helping Yu, and in turn Shenmue IV. Let them play this out, instead of giving them an ultimatum.

Be patient and see what happens.
Maybe they don't want to tease directly,they were still discussing and YSNET was still in pre-production, also the animation was still in production. Now the animation is closed to end, those rumors appears suddenly, it might not be a coincidence.

Be careful to not let our impatience get the best of us.

There was a *lot* of smoke here, so the likely scenario is they plan to do it. However, when they are ready to announce it is another matter entirely.

It could be at the end of the anime(most ideal time frame, if you ask me) or it could be in Summer Game Fest, since E3 has now officially gone the way of the dodo.

We waited 15 years for Shenmue III and we're a couple of years past the release. Far less time than we've waited before.

Shenmue IV would be a much easier game to make with all things in place.

He would have the ability to make the game he wants without the major overhead/building that took up so much of the Kickstarter.

My event timeline:
- Yu starts S4 preproduction right after S3 release. Concept, sketches etc
- Ys.net's part of the benefits provide enough funding to go into prototype stage.
- This proto footage is displayed at 110 industries. Deal.
- Completely out off guard, being a Yu's works fan, 110 ind. CEO can't restrain himself enough when asked naively.
- Hell breaks loose
- Yu & team calls in for telling his partners lying low profile because despite they (110) being new to business,
this is not the way.
He accepts the obvious and stops teasing. We fans pick the cherries, he's not like keeping at it.
Him following this dojo on twitter its obvious PR/stepping into the water.

My event timeline:
- Yu starts S4 preproduction right after S3 release. Concept, sketches etc
- Ys.net's part of the benefits provide enough funding to go into prototype stage.
- This proto footage is displayed at 110 industries. Deal.
- Completely out off guard, being a Yu's works fan, 110 ind. CEO can't restrain himself enough when asked naively.
- Hell breaks loose
- Yu & team calls in for telling his partners lying low profile because despite they being new to business,
this is not the way.
He accepts the obvious and stops teasing. We fans pick the cherries, he's not like keeping at it.
Him following this dojo on twitter its obvious PR/stepping into the water.
In the end of the anime, Yu-San will say that Seaman is a good game and announce the Seaman Reamke.
In remake version, you can play as the Seaman and talk to Yu-San

Yeah y'all they have no obligation to release a trailer or anything anytime soon, I'd temper my expectations and be patient. 110industries was just sparking something, but they don't really need to say any more than they already have. It's fine, we can wait.

If Shenmue IV is really happening, I don't think we'll necessarily get an announcement right after the anime finishes.

I'd rather they waited until they had something good to show with the announcement than have them show something rough and unpolished because they feel they need to do it at a certain time. If we learned one thing from Shenmue III's first teaser, surely it's that!

Forgive me if my initial comments were coming off as doubtful, that was certainly not my intention. When i first saw the "rumour" surface online i was beyond happy inside and excited for the whole community knowing that there's a very a very good chance we can continue along the great wall and enter that cliff temple. I'm pleased that if indeed happening shenmue is in the hands of a smaller studio, who seem to have a good decent amount knowledge of sega's history and creators like yu suzuki. I'm not pissed at the company, I'm more bamboozled by the whole ordeal. Like I said in a earlier comment on this thread I'm happy shenmue IV's a possibility and could be coming but scared at the same time incase it's just a publicity stunt. There's nothing more I want to see that each and every fan having a repeat of that night in 2015 when 3 was announced and we were all celebrating a milestone achievement by breathing life into something everyone once said was dead. If they're working on this title with yu then it's in far greater hands than 3 was in deep silvers. I'm binging the anime and rerunning through the games currently and they often bring back so many memories of fun and blissful days and feelings that are hard to describe. If they're indeed working on my most wanted game like everyone else's here then I'm more than prepared to wait on the sidelines for however long and offer whatever love and support they want from this fanbase. :) Again sorry if my earlier posts came off as casting shade on a light of hope. #LetsGetShenmue4

If Shenmue IV is really happening, I don't think we'll necessarily get an announcement right after the anime finishes.

I'd rather they waited until they had something good to show with the announcement than have them show something rough and unpolished because they feel they need to do it at a certain time. If we learned one thing from Shenmue III's first teaser, surely it's that!

Well, we can't definitively make that claim at the moment.

We don't know how far along the prototype was, nor do we know exactly when(or if) 110 issued the green light. It could've been quite some time ago.

There's a real possibility it has been in development for some time now and the teasing just started since something *might* be ready to show by the time the anime concludes.

This isn't a case of the Kickstarter wherein they had to show things constantly for backers, or cobble together a rough look for the announcement of III.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back