110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Yu is drawing a low-level diagram of a computer in that video actually.

I wonder how much budget Shenmue IV will need in order to be the true sequel(no time constraints, no need for startup budgets, etc)?

If we have a timeline of exactly when Shenmue IV's prototype/pitch was, we could extrapolate a time frame for when 110(if they did) agree to it and development began.

I would think they learned a lesson from Shenmue IIIs troubled development with Deep Silver at the marketing/partnership helm.

I would expect that if they do announce it, whatever they show this time will be quite polished. I wouldn't be surprised if it has been in development over a year or more.

Its not gonna be an easy task to upgrade Shenmue 3s budget.
We are talking about 18-22 mil USD altogether for a game thats somehwere between indie and AA.
And Deep Silver delayed the game how many times? 3 times? 4 times?
So they even gave them more time than it was originally planned.

I dont think we should expect any budget boost in terms of
"YS Net can now do whatever they want"
Those Shenmue 1 and Shenmue 2 times are over.

I wouldn't be surprised if it has been in development over a year or more.
The precedents agree with your theory. Personally I believe more than a year, doesn't necesary meaning a very advanced state of development, but a base skeleton.
I think Yu is drawing a low-level diagram of a computer in that video actually.
idk but i really cant see it... i thought it was a attention-curve kindof thing but the last racing course explanation seemed also plausible.

Maybe it's Shenmue related without being Shenmue 4 either 🤷

If it's Shenmue related but not Shenmue 4 then that would only confirm the exist of Shenmue 4 for me. This is a franchise that doesn't have alot of wiggle room to try new things. So a Shenmue related project would be very telling IMO.

@spud1897 ya know you guys said deep silver likely pulled out? Is that actually confirmed somewhere?

Nothing official but given the conversation one of our users had with Koch Media (who own Deep Silver) and they're response to the 4th game I'd suggest they bailed on it.

As for Shenmue 3 it's guesswork but I'd assume they wanted it out the door and told YSNET to get it done and out.

Okay serious question for everyone currently on this thread, if something does come of this and you wake up or log in and you see shenmue IV is possibly announced, what would your reactions be? What would you honestly do? 😂

20220421_101634.jpg

Not going to lie but I'm literally cracking up at these banana jokes jesus christ 😂😂 we've gone from theorising to speculation to guesswork to bananas wtf is this? 🍌 😂😂 #LetsGetBananas
I think 20 years into the Shenmue fandom made us Bananas !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back