110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you on the graphics. If they can get character models and animations 15-20% nicer (I don't actually know what that means, but it sounds reasonable) I'll be satisfied. The next piece of the puzzle is giving us an actual voice cast that doesn't make me cringe.
I'm not saying that because I'm a fan of shenmue, but I much prefer the graphics/artistic direction of shenmue 3 than most AAA games today. It's much more colorful and unique, while the others games all look the same.

Actually - one thing I would really like in Shenmue IV...

A bloody menu system that doesn't look like it was knocked up in a few minutes! Having things thrown about in seemingly random order hurts my OCD tendancies...! (Also, a proper pause button please).

A bloody menu system that doesn't look like it was knocked up in a few minutes! Having things thrown about in seemingly random order hurts my OCD tendancies...! (Also, a proper pause button please).
Man and something to stop you buying the same move twice!

I am also in the "wait and see camp;" I've been around a long time and I've seen a lot of teasers that lead to either dumb stuff no one wants (merch, phone games, a website being launched), and teasers that are designed to build hype with fans that end up being big misdirections-- don't forget all the Silent Hill teasing Bluepoint did, and they let it go on and on and even stoked the fire themselves, repeatedly.

The Shenmue 3 menu confuses the living hell out of me. I never got used to it and continuously found myself going to the wrong parts. There are still so many design decisions that still baffle me to this day, much as I do love lots about the game.

For what it's worth, I think we're long past the point of trolling or playing around with our hopes and dreams.

The likes continue, the teases continue, there's been no official debunk of any article at all since this all started rumbling. Not even a generic "we don't comment on rumors or speculation". Nothing. Zip.

I really don't think they'd take the trolling this far and risk the ire of a fanbase this vocal and large(it's bigger than the Dojo). They would've squashed this long ago.

I could be wrong, but this isn't a day and age where you can do such things without severe consequences. Bad PR is a death sentence these days.

I'm still thinking they some bitches for not liking my tweet but liked some.of the lamest shit posted. Oh well. I'll be the first one to likely disrespect them if it's not shenmue related.

I'm still thinking they some bitches for not liking my tweet but liked some.of the lamest shit posted. Oh well. I'll be the first one to likely disrespect them if it's not shenmue related.
Some people on the 500k facebook page are actively saying Shenmue IV shouldn't exist...

Like why the hell are you even on the page if you don't care for it? Talk about self sabotage...

Also, the news is picking up steam (no pun intended) again...

Besides throw, what are the others improvements that Yu wanted in Shenmue 3 but was not able for time/budgets constraints?

I vaguely remember about a complex IA system and even Shenhua gameplay too

Besides throw, what are the others improvements that Yu wanted in Shenmue 3 but was not able for time/budgets constraints?

I vaguely remember about a complex IA system and even Shenhua gameplay too

There was going to be a kind of "trust" system in place with Shenhua, where she'd appear closer or further away from Ryo or react differently based on how much time you spent with her.

The Bailu Village Magic Maze was another one that springs to mind, though I'm not entirely sure what that was. Maybe randomly generated areas?

There was going to be a kind of "trust" system in place with Shenhua, where she'd appear closer or further away from Ryo or react differently based on how much time you spent with her.
This did kind of make it into the game, though it’s barely noticeable. How close Ryo and Shenhua are will impact how Shenhua wakes Ryo up during the Bailu section of the game. It’s very subtle due to how natural and gradual the changes feel, but a very nice touch. I’d love to see them expand on this.

Another idea I’d love to see revisited is the character perspective system. Initially I hated the idea, but thinking about it, I think it would be kinda cool to two or three little sections where players could choose between Ryo (brute force), Ren (stealth), and Shenhua (persuasion). It could be a great way to explore the latter’s powers while also providing a reason for players to replay the game.

The Bailu Village Magic Maze was another one that springs to mind, though I'm not entirely sure what that was. Maybe randomly generated areas?
From what I gathered from the postmortem at GDC 2014, it was like the QTE race through the woods in Shenmue II. Maybe Ryo and Shenhua would originally have to travel back to Langhuishan via this gameplay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back