110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time do you think it could be announced? Depending on this moment, some of us can be sleeping... I imagine when I wake up and see there is 20 pages of this thread without reading... Shenmue 4'd have been announced!!!

Guess it will be the same as for their last teasing. 5PM, Paris time for the teasing, 10PM for the announcement. So everyone is awake and ready to get excited for the reveal.

I literally can't wait to log in and see the dojo just blowing up with excitement if it's announced. :) Tomorrow its technically been "a couple weeks" so it could really been anytime now, we'll have to keep a close eye on their twitter.

I literally can't wait to log in and see the dojo just blowing up with excitement if it's announced. :) Tomorrow its technically been "a couple weeks" so it could really been anytime now, we'll have to keep a close eye on their twitter.
Yeah, but we shouldn't lose our hope if there are no announcement tomorrow. Sometimes people say "couple of weeks" not in the literal sense of "two weeks", but more to generalize that an announcement is coming soon.

I'm trying to think of reasons why they'd continue to like "101, please make S4" tweets if they're not announcing S4...

Exposure and hype? But that'll backfire on them, and it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Maybe they want to make S4 after whatever current project they have going with Yu? Could be a possibility.

They're working on some sort of Shenmue thing that isn't S4, like Drawer Opening Simulator in VR.

That's all I got.

I'm trying to think of reasons why they'd continue to like "101, please make S4" tweets if they're not announcing S4...

Exposure and hype? But that'll backfire on them, and it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Maybe they want to make S4 after whatever current project they have going with Yu? Could be a possibility.

They're working on some sort of Shenmue thing that isn't S4, like Drawer Opening Simulator in VR.

That's all I got.

Hence why I'm pretty confident.

One small tease may be a misunderstanding or a clumsiness on their part.

Now they did many teases that point toward Shenmue 4.

And like I said, 110 wants to be a serious player in Japanese video games for the European market. So far they did a good job with that (communication wise) and so far they really seem trustworthy.

Teasing Shenmue 4 this much and then not delivering would be bad press for them, more than anything this early in their existence. They even haven't released a single game yet, they cannot afford to already disappoint alot of people and seem untrustworthy.

Now I see 2 scenarios possible for the upcoming announcement :

1) It's Shenmue 4.

2) It's a brand new IP by Yu Suzuki, they teased Shenmue 4 because they knew that would bring attention to the announcement.

Now, we might not have an answer directly at the announcement. Since Wanted Dead hasn't released yet, they might simply announce "a Yu Suzuki's/YSnet's game", without stating what it is, and they'll say more this summer or later this year, not to put shadow over Wanted in their communication.

I have a feeling this 110 industries are milking this attention to launch a game they're releasing that has nothing to do with shenmue. They're drawing it out too much.

I'd stop giving them attention and see if the shenmue teases continue if not you know they're messing with us.

I know it's selfish to just want Shenmue IV and not caring about another IP but I really think it would be one of the worst choices Yu would make if he decided not to make Shenmue IV instead. Of course we don't know what is going on though, I wouldn't mind if they announced a new IP as well as Shenmue 4 but Shenmue 4 was years away, like the new game was being focused on first. Maybe they can't give Yu the money for Shenmue IV yet or if they even working with Yu Suzuki.

If a new IP is announced and Yu Suzuki says something like this could lead to more work from him,etc then I guess that wouldn't be so bad. I just hate the idea of a no Shenmue 4 announcement and Yu Suzuki just says nothing about this all. I really hope we find out soon.

I too think that it would be for the best if the announcement was Shenmue IV and not spin-offs right now. As much as I would love to play a spin-off game with Ren or Iwao for example, I think we need to focus on finishing Ryo's story and moving forward. Unless it was a short DLC episode or something but Shenmue III has been out for a bit now so I don't think they would go back to add DLCs for that to be honest. Now that I think about it a series of short episodes from different characters could be interesting, but still I think we need to focus on Ryo, it doesn't feel like his story is ready to conclude any time soon.

I would like to think that 110 wouldn't continue to tease us like this if there is no Shenmue announcement coming, or it was retreading old ground like they're going to release Shenmue III on Xbox, or I&II on Switch. If they are really working with Yu Suzuki I don't think he too would want them messing with us like this if there is nothing coming, assuming he is even aware that all this is going on right now.

But I'm remaining positive, Shenmue is in such a good place right now.

I know it's selfish to just want Shenmue IV and not caring about another IP but I really think it would be one of the worst choices Yu would make if he decided not to make Shenmue IV instead. Of course we don't know what is going on though, I wouldn't mind if they announced a new IP as well as Shenmue 4 but Shenmue 4 was years away, like the new game was being focused on first. Maybe they can't give Yu the money for Shenmue IV yet or if they even working with Yu Suzuki.

If a new IP is announced and Yu Suzuki says something like this could lead to more work from him,etc then I guess that wouldn't be so bad. I just hate the idea of a no Shenmue 4 announcement and Yu Suzuki just says nothing about this all. I really hope we find out soon.

I have nothing against the man flexing his creativity with other titles, everything he's given us has been nothing short of pure genius. Besides, he said he's working on multiple projects so... Hopefully S4 is one of those!

Well, again the problem with another game than Shenmue 4 (even though in absolute I would still be happy to see and play a brand new Yu Suzuki game), is that Yu Suzuki is almost 64 Years old. If it takes let's say 3 years to make a game. Then if Shenmue 4 is coming this year, then Shenmue 5 would come, at best, when he's 67. Which is quite old already. Now, if he releases a brand new game this year, and Shenmue 4 in 3 years he would be 67 when Shenmue 4 releases and 70 when Shenmue 5 releases.

I think it's important that the focus is on main story Shenmue before he's too old to create and direct games.

I have nothing against the man flexing his creativity with other titles, everything he's given us has been nothing short of pure genius. Besides, he said he's working on multiple projects so... Hopefully S4 is one of those!
Likewise. I have nothing against him for wanting to do other projects or a problem if he wishes to be creative in other areas of the virtual world. His abilities are second to none in all his works and his visions for his individual endeavours are pure genius. I want to see him branch out and extend his reach in other places, you can see he has still so much left to give to his audience and the industry...like you said as long as shenmue IV is one of his priority pieces (which i personally believe it is) then let the man work at his own pace. Shenmue has nothing left to prove after the anime final. It's attracted new fans and in the eyes of many was a success. The name carries value and is indeed profitable. It's in a good place even if 110 isn't doing anything with the IP or Yu someone somewhere will eventually pick it up and want to milk it further for whatever is left in the tank...and shenmue has plenty left. It's a good time to be a fan! 👍 :)

Honestly, I don't think Yu Suzuki will ever retire. He's too creative.

It would be a nightmare to retire and just do nothing but chill. That's boring or would get boring very quickly.

What's more exciting than creating your own projects and ideas?

I know a lot of people can't wait for retirement, but let's be honest, most of them are in jobs they hate or just there for the paycheck. Yu Suzuki is in a very fortunate and great position. He's already sorted financially. He gets to make what he wants and get's paid for doing so as well. I wouldn't retire ever with that setup

Well, again the problem with another game than Shenmue 4 (even though in absolute I would still be happy to see and play a brand new Yu Suzuki game), is that Yu Suzuki is almost 64 Years old. If it takes let's say 3 years to make a game. Then if Shenmue 4 is coming this year, then Shenmue 5 would come, at best, when he's 67. Which is quite old already. Now, if he releases a brand new game this year, and Shenmue 4 in 3 years he would be 67 when Shenmue 4 releases and 70 when Shenmue 5 releases.

I think it's important that the focus is on main story Shenmue before he's too old to create and direct games.
and he wouldn't have regrets if he completed the Shenmue series when he had the chance. Despite how the story ends.

No matter your opinion on the end product, Yu Suzuki has - on the whole - made all the right moves in the last few years. Without the kickstarter there's no S3, without the anime (which is effectively a kickstarter for S4) there's no further Shenmue content. I'm sure he'll make the right decision for the series.

No matter your opinion on the end product, Yu Suzuki has - on the whole - made all the right moves in the last few years. Without the kickstarter there's no S3, without the anime (which is effectively a kickstarter for S4) there's no further Shenmue content. I'm sure he'll make the right decision for the series.

Yeah, sincerely, Shenmue 3 is a proof of great vision and intelligence, as well as so much patience and willingness.

The guy NEVER gave up on Shenmue, he spent 15 freaking years looking for solutions here and there, and patiently awaited for the right occasion, the right time and with the right partners to do so. And even expanded the Shenmue brand, to a point we didn't see after Shenmue 2. Maybe even more than that.

Like you said, say and think what you want about Shenmue 3 and his flaws, but the moves Yu Suzuki made those last few years Shenmue-Wise are absolute madness and deserve so much respect.

Yeah, sincerely, Shenmue 3 is a proof of great vision and intelligence, as well as so much patience and willingness.

The guy NEVER gave up on Shenmue, he spent 15 freaking years looking for solutions here and there, and patiently awaited for the right occasion, the right time and with the right partners to do so. And even expanded the Shenmue brand, to a point we didn't see after Shenmue 2. Maybe even more than that.

Like you said, say and think what you want about Shenmue 3 and his flaws, but the moves Yu Suzuki made those last few years Shenmue-Wise are absolute madness and deserve so much respect.
He is a WUDE master

Thanks and credit to twitter user known as Terry tsoi for this find 👍 he has shared this:

"Another post from Taiwan. It mentions an interesting "rumor" that Shenmue 4 is going to be announced by Yu Suzuki soon. Also, the report mentions that Ryo can do throw moves again by using the VF5US engine..."

To read the full article you'll need translator.
Thought it would be worth sharing here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back