110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks and credit to twitter user known as Terry tsoi for this find 👍 he has shared this:

"Another post from Taiwan. It mentions an interesting "rumor" that Shenmue 4 is going to be announced by Yu Suzuki soon. Also, the report mentions that Ryo can do throw moves again by using the VF5US engine..."

To read the full article you'll need translator.
Thought it would be worth sharing here. :)

HOOLY **** if that is true. If SEGA is really involved with 4 then it explains why their website is down but I just don't see it happening. This person also claims the team that attended the anime event knows about it

Thanks and credit to twitter user known as Terry tsoi for this find 👍 he has shared this:

"Another post from Taiwan. It mentions an interesting "rumor" that Shenmue 4 is going to be announced by Yu Suzuki soon. Also, the report mentions that Ryo can do throw moves again by using the VF5US engine..."

He just guess that there will be S4 according to the reaction from staff.
But Japanese staff always have expressive faces in shows, I don't think it is convincing

He just guess that there will be S4 according to the reaction from staff.
But Japanese staff always have expressive faces in shows, I don't think it is convincing
That was a picture taken at like 9pm after a panel. They were probably all knackered haha. It was also raining and they have to get the train home at least an hour or two home (assuming they all live in tokyo as yokosuka is quite a ways out). I wouldn't be smiling either haha.

Yeah, I'll take this one with a very huge grain of salt.

Yes that'd be awesome if Sega was involved, putting a good chunk of money and letting them use the VF engine and other licenses for gasha and arcade games.

But this one seems like stretched.

With Sega's recent strategy, I don't really see where Shenmue has a place in that strategy.

Is the website is still down?

If so, we could possibly be looking at some type of collaborative effort from Sega and 110. I would say it's a grain of salt, very much so, but..

The possibility is there, especially if they are licensing him the Virtua Fighter engine to use in IV. That counts, even if they aren't directly contributing financially.

Sega has shown a renewed, reinvigorated interest in their older IPs and they have assisted with Streets of Rage IV, etc. It isn't out of the realm of possibility here also.

I'm not sure what is going on, but something is afoot imo. That website wouldn't be down that long, I don't believe, unless there was a shift or plan.

I'm fairly certain that's all mistranslated

Ill be honest im still confused why the apple and bannana would mean shenmue. Like yeah 3 had promo images of them but ive never seen anyone associate that with shenmue 3 until now.

It doesn't automatically mean S4, some people just like to be optimistic. But I don't think Trip Hawkins having an advisory role is the big announcement either.

Feels like they're deliberately toying with us by making an announcement unrelated to Shenmue today haha.

I can't imagine that this is the thing they've been hyping up - but maybe it is 🤷‍♂️ EDIT: It isn't!
Suppose we'll have to wait and see what happens in the coming days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back