110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
They made an announcment today that Trip Hawkins is joining them. That probably isn't the apple and banana secret but who knows at this point.
Nah that's not the " big announcement" they confirmed that yesterday. :)

I'm getting a feeling it could be Shenmue III for Xbox One. Quite a few games are released on a different consoles even after years and years.

110 Industries big announcement is that they are re releasing a game from a completely different publisher
for a console Yu Suzuki willingly decided to ignore in the KS campaign and for the physical release?

I'm pretty pretty pretty pretty sure of all the realistic and unrealistic scenarios,
this is in the top 3 of unrealistic scenarios.
If someone is releasing Shenmue 3 for Xbox, its gonna be Deep Silver
and only if YS Net gave their okay for that. Which is also a pretty unrealistic scenario now,
pretty sure Shenmue 3 is never going to get a real Xbox release.
It was 100% not Deep Silvers decision to ignore Xbox, all of Deep Silvers games are multiplatform
(PC, PS, Xbox) except Shenmue 3. Who supported Yu Suzuki in the Shenmue 3 campaign? Sony.
There even was a german magazine interview with Yu Suzuki about Shenmue 3
where he said that he will focus on PC and PS4 first because he feels like he ows Sony a bit of loyalty.

110 Industries is not gonna release Shenmue 3 on Xbox.

110 Industries big announcement is that they are re releasing a game from a completely different publisher
for a console Yu Suzuki willingly decided to ignore in the KS campaign and for the physical release?

For the record, Yu Suzuki didn't willingly decide to ignore Xbox, by his own words he tried more than once to get Microsoft to help with Shenmue 3 but Phil Spencer made it clear that they were focusing more on first party titles at that time and that Shenmue was Sega's IP, so it was up to them to make it happen.

Shenmue 3 is a PS console exclusive because of the deal his company and Shibuya struck with Sony.
But yes, any Xbox port would be via Deep Silver's choosing, if and when the contract with Sony expires.

Last edited:

I'm pretty pretty pretty pretty sure of all the realistic and unrealistic scenarios,
this is in the top 3 of unrealistic scenarios.
If someone is releasing Shenmue 3 for Xbox, its gonna be Deep Silver
and only if YS Net gave their okay for that. Which is also a pretty unrealistic scenario now,
pretty sure Shenmue 3 is never going to get a real Xbox release.
It was 100% not Deep Silvers decision to ignore Xbox, all of Deep Silvers games are multiplatform
(PC, PS, Xbox) except Shenmue 3. Who supported Yu Suzuki in the Shenmue 3 campaign? Sony.
There even was a german magazine interview with Yu Suzuki about Shenmue 3
where he said that he will focus on PC and PS4 first because he feels like he ows Sony a bit of loyalty.

110 Industries is not gonna release Shenmue 3 on Xbox.

Which is all true.

There was zero reason to not release Shenmue III on Xbox, six months after it was released on PS4 (which was the standard console exclusivity contract that they would have received from Sony).

The only thing that makes sense, is that Shenmue III underperformed so severely, that it would lose money being ported to the Xbox. Either that, or they had a different contract from Sony. I think it was a cost/profit scenario.

...and it just adds to Shenmue's woes over the years. In the US at least:

Shenmue I (Dreamcast)
Shenmue II (Xbox)
Shenmue III (PS4)

...and they can't understand why Shenmue can't get a footing here.

They need to release Shenmue IV on ALL platforms.

Which is all true.

There was zero reason to not release Shenmue III on Xbox, six months after it was released on PS4 (which was the standard console exclusivity contract that they would have received from Sony).

This is not true at all. The correct information is in the public domain

Posted today...

But apparently it's based on what happened at the Anime celebration, and nobody else noted anything of sort... So what do we think ?

They don't know anything that we don't.

They're just going off the "I'd like to make it if I get the chance" rhetoric which is Suzuki's go-to response when talking about any unannounced Shenmue project - in production or not.

They don't know anything that we don't.

They're just going off the "I'd like to make it if I get the chance" rhetoric which is Suzuki's go-to response when talking about any unannounced Shenmue project - in production or not.
Yeah, I think the same way. Nothing new under the sun and not really a problem. Lets just see what the big announcement 110 industries have and after that we know more.

Posted today...

But apparently it's based on what happened at the Anime celebration, and nobody else noted anything of sort... So what do we think ?

https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/random-shenmue-iv-thoughts.2022/post-133581

Yeah, I think the same way. Nothing new under the sun and not really a problem. Lets just see what the big announcement 110 industries have and after that we know more.

Very true. After the 110 big announcement, we should get a good idea of what direction we're going in. Hopefully, it's what we're all expecting.

Most of these writers, including the ones that just repeated what we ourselves posted here, have no special insight. The game/or other game will be announced when the publisher is ready. They’ve yet to make their announcement, which could be about Apple and Banana Man, I guess, so why would a website get to break the news first?

We'll soon see. Right now its pure speculation from everyone. 110 are potentially watching how everything is panning out and what everyone is saying and once they feel it's the right moment they will tell the world and hopefully like what has been said above...it's the one we want to see, hear and read.

For the record, Yu Suzuki didn't willingly decide to ignore Xbox, by his own words he tried more than once to get Microsoft to help with Shenmue 3 but Phil Spencer made it clear that they were focusing more on first party titles at that time and that Shenmue was Sega's IP, so it was up to them to make it happen.

Shenmue 3 is a PS console exclusive because of the deal his company and Shibuya struck with Sony.
But yes, any Xbox port would be via Deep Silver's choosing.

No help from Microsoft at all, then Sony said they wont pay the developing costs for the whole game
but they could offer their big E3 stage and promotion to push the KS campaign
and then YS Net will be able to see how much interest there really is in this project.
(those were literally their words in the interview after the E3)

Because of this scenario the KS campaign went live and they offered it for PC and PS4 only.
Deep Silver didnt release it on Xbox probably because they were asked to release it on PC and PS4 only.
Deep Silvers releases are always multiplatform. Deep Silver doesnt have platform exclusive games.
Shenmue 3 is not a official Playstation exclusive game. It was never advertised as a official PS exclusive,
theres no PS console exclusive tag on the physical PS4 box.
So doesnt that mean that Yu Suzuki willingly decided to ignore Xbox
because otherwise that whole E3 stage KS campaign scenario wouldnt even be a thing?

No, he did not willingly ignore Xbox because hes evil or hates Microsoft.
Yes, he willingly accepted to ignore a Xbox release to be able to start the Shenmue 3 KS campaign and E3 presentation.
Or not?

That article seems like nothing tbh. They conveniently didn't actually include a quote of Yu saying there are no concrete plans and from what I can tell he just gave the stock answer "I hope I get the chance to make it and the next game should be more focused on attracting new players" etc. Hopefully we get a full translation of the event soon to get a better content around any S4 discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back