110 Industries have been teasing Shenmue IV a lot lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
No help from Microsoft at all, then Sony said they wont pay the developing costs for the whole game
but they could offer their big E3 stage and promotion to push the KS campaign
and then YS Net will be able to see how much interest there really is in this project.
(those were literally their words in the interview after the E3)

Because of this scenario the KS campaign went live and they offered it for PC and PS4 only.
Deep Silver didnt release it on Xbox probably because they were asked to release it on PC and PS4 only.
Deep Silvers releases are always multiplatform. Deep Silver doesnt have platform exclusive games.
Shenmue 3 is not a official Playstation exclusive game. It was never advertised as a official PS exclusive,
theres no PS console exclusive tag on the physical PS4 box.
So doesnt that mean that Yu Suzuki willingly decided to ignore Xbox
because otherwise that whole E3 stage KS campaign scenario wouldnt even be a thing?

No, he did not willingly ignore Xbox because hes evil or hates Microsoft.
Yes, he willingly accepted to ignore a Xbox release to be able to start the Shenmue 3 KS campaign and E3 presentation.
Or not?

Obviously since Sony offered Yu stage time at E3, there would be a contract in place to make the game console exclusive to PS4, if only for a limited time. It was a huge thing for Yu, to have the KS announced on E3 on Sony's stage and nobody can blame him for taking it. Like it or not, we have Shenmue 3 because of Sony's support, however mediocre you may consider it. Microsoft didn't offer that. By the sounds of it, they offered nothing at all.

We don't know what the extent of the contract is and the fact that there isn't an Xbox port yet makes me believe that it's either due to that contract with Sony or DS decided not to push ahead with an Xbox port - and not because "Yu decided to willingly ignore" the Xbox brand. Be reasonable.

The announcement will probably be that Mimi is one of the eleven cats in Wanted: Dead.

Bad8wl8.png

That article seems like nothing tbh. They conveniently didn't actually include a quote of Yu saying there are no concrete plans and from what I can tell he just gave the stock answer "I hope I get the chance to make it and the next game should be more focused on attracting new players" etc. Hopefully we get a full translation of the event soon to get a better content around any S4 discussion.
What Suzuki-san said about S4 was a one sentence answer that was word for word the same as from his interview with IGN a year or two prior. "I'll make it if I have the chance etc etc".

That article was painful to read. 'No concrete plans' to make Shenmue IV? This must be a joke I hope?
It's just pure speculation at this point from everybody whether in the industry or journalists trying to get a click. We won't know anything for sure until 110 have their say...whenever that will be. Fingers crossed it could be tomorrow. :)

It's just pure speculation at this point from everybody whether in the industry or journalists trying to get a click. We won't know anything for sure until 110 have their say...whenever that will be. Fingers crossed it could be tomorrow. :)
I see, thanks man. I won't believe it until...yes let's see what happens. It's been a rather few good days in terms of Shenmue. Any hope just gets you easily excited. I'm not entirely sure if it will be Shenmue IV but I hope we could at least get something good happening. A new IP that could lead to Shenmue IV? Sure I guess...

Last edited:
Social media should not be taken seriously. It is 99,99 percent just clickbait without real information. There I no reason t et hyped up by anything that is going on with that type of media.

Unfortunately, I think it is reasonable to assume that the info is correct and that there are no plans for S4 yet. Suzuki is probably working on another project with 110 industries. That's what I expected in the first place anyway.

Would not be mad if I was very wrong though.o_O

I see, thanks man. It had fake vibes all over it but yes let's see what happens. It's been a rather few good days in terms of Shenmue. Any hope just gets you easily excited. I'm not entirely sure if it will be Shenmue IV but I hope we could at least something good happening. New IP that could lead to Shenmue IV? Sure I guess...
Alot of people are just taking guesses and making speculations due to the anime being a hit and just recently finishing up on western time. I know how you feel man. Any news or updates I see gets me also super stoked but it's just good to remain cautious when it comes to shenmue bud. For now let's just wait it out until 110 have something to say and once they say their piece we'll know what our next step will be. The franchise is in a pretty good place and someone will want to pick it up just to milk it and shenmue still has plenty left in the tank. 💪

Considering how many special editions S3 got, you can bet your bottom dollar that the milking from all this positive reception is only getting started. I can hear the cows a 'mueing already and I'm ready with my pails.

Last edited:
Alot of people are just taking guesses and making speculations due to the anime being a hit and just recently finishing up on western time. I know how you feel man. Any news or updates I see gets me also super stoked but it's just good to remain cautious when it comes to shenmue bud. For now let's just wait it out until 110 have something to say and once they say their piece we'll know what our next step will be. The franchise is in a pretty good place and someone will want to pick it up just to milk it and shenmue still has plenty left in the tank. 💪
Yeah man, I'll remain cautions. I feel now though that we have reached the stage of it's better to know then not to know. Hopefully soon now...

Obviously since Sony offered Yu stage time at E3, there would be a contract in place to make the game console exclusive to PS4, if only for a limited time. It was a huge thing for Yu, to have the KS announced on E3 on Sony's stage and nobody can blame him for taking it. Like it or not, we have Shenmue 3 because of Sony's support, however mediocre you may consider it. Microsoft didn't offer that. By the sounds of it, they offered nothing at all.

We don't know what the extent of the contract is and the fact that there isn't an Xbox port yet makes me believe that it's either due to that contract with Sony or DS decided not to push ahead with an Xbox port - and not because "Yu decided to willingly ignore" the Xbox brand. Be reasonable.

Where did i say anything about the quality of Shenmue 3 or that i blame Yu Suzuki for taking that offer?
I never said that it was a wrong move or whatever.
I didnt say a single bad word about Shenmue 3 on the last couple of 100 pages.

Also your explanation is in no way more believable than mine,
because you said it yourself, we dont know what kind of contracts they have at all.
Do you have any sources for the Sony or Deep Silver decided to not push ahead with an Xbox port scenario?
'Makes me believe' is not a real source.

All i can tell you, is that Deep Silver doesnt have any platform exclusive stuff,
which means it must have been already set in stone that there is not gonna be a Xbox version
before DS came on board. Shenmue 3 is not a full time PS console exclusive game,
was not advertised as a full time PS console exclusive game
and why should Deep Silver publish a full time PS console exclusive game? Full time PS console exclusive games
are published by Sony. Games that were funded by Sony are published by Sony.

So i'm still confident that it was a request from Yu Suzuki to Deep Silver
to not release it on Xbox because he felt that he ows Sony some loyalty for their offer.
Sure, maybe it was 3 months PS exclusive, that still means he willingly accepted
to ignore a Xbox release (DS would have released a Xbox version 100%)
to be able to start the Shenmue 3 KS campaign and E3 presentation.

I dont see how i am wrong with that. I'm not saying that it was a bad move or that he made a mistake.
I 100% understand why he did it. There are no sources to confirm or deny all of the exact details.

Yeah I think we've come to a point where we need the answer to all this "big announcement" and the end of the teasing, but the confirmation that they are working or not on Shenmue 4.

I think dragging the teasing longer just might drive people insane and kill the momentum of the potential announcement. As well as, the more they tease Shenmue 4, the less they can announce something else without looking like dumbass.

I may be wrong with what I'm about to say but freedom of speech allows it. I believe Cedric Biscay said that Yu Suzuki is seeking 20M for Shenmue 4 a price that Deep Silver isnt willing to pay. So if you read between the lines Shenmue 4 is kinda already confirmed.

If Yu believes he can get 20M there has be a good reason. That's where the anime falls in I believe Yu is trying to raise as much money as possible behind the scenes. If these options don't work out which I doubt he could always comeback to the table with Deep Silver.

Yeah, I believe they'll use : Money made from Shenmue 3. Money made from the Anime. Investors (110 ?), maybe an exclusivity deal with Sony or Epic Games, or a deal with Microsoft so the game is Day One on the Gamepass.

Do we know when the anime final is supposed to air in Japan? Could be a hint for when we'll get new informations?

Arrite people. help. i can bear it anymore. yesterday i went from an existential void, then happiness because it was all fake, then anger again learning wicked Kenzo mind spawned it (i skipped post order, knocked out cold) so it was a slow painful triphasic distress.
Kenzo eyes only
descarga (3).jpg

And now what? Please i started to read previous pages and read no S4 again... i cant go through it again. What happened? Another Kenzadism? Please that has to be. Sorry rant, dont send me to read .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back