110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

About 10 minutes have been axed from the planned TGS livestream compared to what's turned up on IGN. πŸ‘€
There's still a 50/50 chance until the event is officially over. Like you said with what has turned up on IGN and now the cancellation something strange is happening they've not addressed it on their social media pages yet that I'm aware of anyway. πŸ‘€

There's still a 50/50 chance until the event is officially over. Like you said with what has turned up on IGN and now the cancellation something strange is happening they've not addressed it on their social media pages yet that I'm aware of anyway. πŸ‘€
I think we've had our lot for this year. Gut instinct is telling me something, or some *things*, got pulled.

Whatever this was meant to be, for instance:

Not sure what that stream that had issues in the above post was, but I'd wager that this is pretty much all they had.

Last edited:
I think we've had our lot for this year. Gut instinct is telling me something, or some *things*, got pulled.

Whatever this was meant to be, for instance:

Most likely have had our fill. Can still hope though and also hope for something shenmue related for the year 2023. πŸ™πŸ€ž Remember what 110 said in one of their posts recently: "we like to turn dreams into reality".

TGS 2022 was not meant to be, but they (110 or whoever is working on it) need to announce Shenmue 4 quite soon while the IP is still fresh in newcomers' minds after this year's anime. They should strike while the iron is hot to capitalise on the newfound interest.

I've gone off 110 having anything to do with another Shenmue. I don't know what they were up to, but my sense again tells me they were trying to hype up a YS connection to something, while not actually ever saying it's Shenmue. Red Goes Faster, but where is it!? They're all in on Wanted now. Promoting a newer/better game would just take the wind out of all their promotional sails right now. Their whole booth was designed around that game.

We shouldn't discard some move in terms of PR for this sad cancellation. It just happened, too soon to assume we won't get further words from SIV. Moving on to 2023 surely its the best attitude, but leave an open window because we might get some pronunciation from Sergei or, more unlikely, Yu Suzuki.
This is a chance for a podcast episode, "What now?" for guiding those souls losing their trails.

Last edited:
We shouldn't discard some move in terms of PR for this sad cancellation. It just happened, too soon to assume we won't get further words from SIV. Moving on to 2023 surely its the best attitude, but leave an open window because we might get some pronunciation from Sergei or, more unlikely, Yu Suzuki.
This is a chance for a podcast episode, "What now?" for guiding those souls losing their trails.
Could be a good call for an episode in fairness. The simple answer is that we make as much noise as possible on social media. Not just on the 4th of the month but every opportunity we get

There are still a few if not more people willing to participate and take part in the campaign every 4th of the month, but we really need to extend our reach further, how we do that is currently uInclear. I know and get 3 didn't please nor satisfy everyone and that has made a few individuals disregard and abandon the franchise. But if we were successful once before we can do it again. That's how much faith I still have in the fandom and shenmue as a whole. πŸ™

I've gone off 110 having anything to do with another Shenmue. I don't know what they were up to, but my sense again tells me they were trying to hype up a YS connection to something, while not actually ever saying it's Shenmue. Red Goes Faster, but where is it!? They're all in on Wanted now. Promoting a newer/better game would just take the wind out of all their promotional sails right now. Their whole booth was designed around that game.
If I recall though, in the random interview they released of Yu Suzuki, the only games of his mentioned are Shenmue and VF. They still haven’t told us why they did that interview. If they were using him for other games, like a racing game, why not mention his racing games?

Some things for sure:
1) The road to SIV its being a long and very curvy one.
2) We are acting very polite. Lucky them, not engaging with Manhunt fans instead of us, peaceful innocent Shenmue fans.
3) And bordering denial but yet possible, we might get YS.net (not 110) making out of the wild announce. If it comes to speculate: SIV episodical and for Apple.

There's still good rumblings of a PlayStation Showcase occurring towards the end of September or in October.

The Insider guy(who has not been wrong on anything yet) has insinuated as much in a couple of his recent tweets.

That being said, if he's as legitimate as he's been shown to be so far, there's a good chance of some heavy hitters there that will easily overpower something like a Shenmue IV announcement within it.

The Game Awards often have a lot of premieres(and usually a fair bit of indie or AA) and its possible it could show up there..

I don't have much confidence it'll show up at either one. I'd give a bit more levity to PS , as if Sony decides to invest in the marketing for it like they did with Shenmue III, but we shall see.

Remember that E3 2015 was an absolute banger because both Final Fantasy VII and Shenmue III showed up.

We do have Final Fantasy VII Part 2 now shown, but not a WHOLE lot on it yet. Another 1-2 punch would be fun to see.

The sad reality is that they probably have nothing to shown. They've had plenty of good opportunities to do it since May.

The best option was to keep working on the unreal 4 engine and not lose momentum after the third game. There should have been Shenmue 4 in the second or third year, after November 2019.

If they really have nothing to show for Shenmue iV, because nothing has been done... I know it's sad thing to say, but I think it's too late for them to start right now. Let's hope that's not the case and the game is at least 50% ready.

I really don't see the point in delaying an announcement. I don't see any other companies hiding their games until the last days before release. Even 110 industries doesn't do it. They promote Wanted Dead for at least a year till now.

Back