110 Industries & Yu Suzuki

The most important thing is not to lose heart.

We know YsNET are up to something. Whether it's a new Apple Arcade game or Shenmue 4 will be known sooner or later.
Even if 110 doesn't announce anything, maybe something will be heard from SEGA-Sammy, maybe Deep Silver hasn't given up either... I don't hold out much hope for the latter two, but who knows in this day and age.

Whatever the news, something will emerge in 2023. I'm sure of it this time! :LOL:

Last edited:
I actually can't quite believe it. Things have changed a lot in that time, but oddly it doesn't feel that long ago.

Yu Suzuki please announce Shenmue 4 soon.

It doesn't feel that way because I'm convinced that time speeds up. I remember the E3 of 2015 like it was yesterday.

I also think COVID also altered the perception of time. For me, 2020-21 just..came and went. I mean, here we are in almost May 2023 and I feel like I just celebrated New Years.

I also think COVID also altered the perception of time. For me, 2020-21 just..came and went.

Oh man, it's the same for me. I always feel shocked that it wasn't just Christmas, like, last month and it was actually 4 months ago. It still feels like the beginning of the year to me.

As for Covid, I am constantly saying/thinking "hey, remember when there was that big scary pandemic last year and we had to stay inside for a couple of months?" Then I remember it was 3 years ago and we didn't stay inside for a couple of months, it was more like two years 😳

I personnally think S4 is actually in development
It's weird for me that we had no news since 1 or 2 years,
We were used to hear from Yu sometimes things like : "If I have the chance, i would love to make it " or " we are ready to make it, if we find the right partner"
It has almost become a recurrence, but since 1 year no more word, I find it suspicious
They are so silent imo that it could hide something, like developing S4, adding the fact they don't want to relive the KS trauma where they had to show embryonal stuff

I personnally think S4 is actually in development
It's weird for me that we had no news since 1 or 2 years,
We were used to hear from Yu sometimes things like : "If I have the chance, i would love to make it " or " we are ready to make it, if we find the right partner"
It has almost become a recurrence, but since 1 year no more word, I find it suspicious
They are so silent imo that it could hide something, like developing S4, adding the fact they don't want to relive the KS trauma where they had to show embryonal stuff
Agreed 👍

110 Industries are just a bunch of trolls and/or grifters, IMO. Where's the news on their other games? I bet we don't hear much from them soon. I'm sorry I even took part in 'starting' this rumor; just thought the pics of whatever they were promoting back when looked a bit like Shenmue & I saw their weird E3 intro with Yu Suzuki so I felt some potential. For all we know Ys Net's been in the 2-story office for the past 5 years. There's so little to go off when researching them or their staff.

Let's see Red Goes Faster or the other game with Soleil. That'll prove their mettle, imo. They didn't have to drag this rumor out or engage the community so I don't feel disrespectful calling them trolls/grifters 'til they prove otherwise.

@mjqjazzbar haha what if 110 sudenly announce S4 with Yu Suzuki ?

By the way, I think season 2 of Shenmue animation wass cancelled, in part because Ysnet plan to release S4, and they want to unveil shenmue story with games in prior, what do you guys think about it ?

110 Industries are just a bunch of trolls and/or grifters, IMO. Where's the news on their other games? I bet we don't hear much from them soon. I'm sorry I even took part in 'starting' this rumor; just thought the pics of whatever they were promoting back when looked a bit like Shenmue & I saw their weird E3 intro with Yu Suzuki so I felt some potential. For all we know Ys Net's been in the 2-story office for the past 5 years. There's so little to go off when researching them or their staff.

Let's see Red Goes Faster or the other game with Soleil. That'll prove their mettle, imo. They didn't have to drag this rumor out or engage the community so I don't feel disrespectful calling them trolls/grifters 'til they prove otherwise.

100% this.

They’re definitely a bunch of trolls….but I’m still willing to wait a bit more and see if they have an ace up their sleeve. Call me old-fashioned (ie desperate).

Looks like 110 recently updated their “About” section…

… we are also actively engaging in major collaborations with our colleagues. 110 Industries encourages already existing IPs and licences to re-emerge. We are proactively seeking more opportunities, both Hollywood-class ventures and potential third-party projects. We plan to make a huge announcement with a well-known partner in the near future.

Make of that what you will.

Looks like 110 recently updated their “About” section…

Make of that what you will.

Could be Sony if they choose to invest in the marketing again. Could also be referring to YsNet or Sega.

With the Microsoft/ABK buyout essentially dead with the CMA's rejection, I expect Sony to shift focus to doing what they do best with marketing, exclusivity and solid titles.

They know Shenmue has a big following, so I wouldn't be surprised if they capitalize on that fanbase again, regardless of how divisive Shenmue III ended up.

They do a lot to ensure PlayStation remains the place for niche or familiar titles, JRPGs, etc.

I *like* Xbox, but I want to see them do more with the parties they already have, not just bust out the checkbook because they're not market leader in this area and are mad about it.

Could be Sony if they choose to invest in the marketing again. Could also be referring to YsNet or Sega.

With the Microsoft/ABK buyout essentially dead with the CMA's rejection, I expect Sony to shift focus to doing what they do best with marketing, exclusivity and solid titles.

They know Shenmue has a big following, so I wouldn't be surprised if they capitalize on that fanbase again, regardless of how divisive Shenmue III ended up.

They do a lot to ensure PlayStation remains the place for niche or familiar titles, JRPGs, etc.

I *like* Xbox, but I want to see them do more with the parties they already have, not just bust out the checkbook because they're not market leader in this area and are mad about it.
Regardless of what the CMA ruling says, I’d be very surprised if the ABK acquisition doesn’t go through. It may take a little longer now and Microsoft might have to make a few more concessions, but I still see the sale being rubber stamped before the year is out.

Shenmue 4 could have had the potential to be a decent system seller for Sony, and would have helped them to tap into an older demographic who perhaps wouldn’t have bought into the new console generation if not for S4. After Shenmue 3 though, it’s difficult to see Sony getting involved.

As for 110, I’ll believe it when I see it. Regardless, I stand by my earlier comments about them being a poor fit for the franchise, and the fact that they seem to be planning to release a director’s cut of Wanted: Dead (as per the about page I linked to in my last post) only serves to reinforce that opinion.

Back