4 leaders of the chi you men

Myself, I keep wondering if this guy

was meant to be this guy

He's incredibly over-designed and animated for a guy that was meant to have 3 seconds of screen time.
My guess is that he was meant to be the guy
shown in the 4th image of the chapter concept art, and you can even see Yanlang on his right.
gdc_vfrpg_11chapters.jpg

My guess is that he was meant to be the guy
shown in the 4th image of the chapter concept art, and you can even see Yanlang on his right.
gdc_vfrpg_11chapters.jpg
According to Yu Suzuki. The 3rd and 4th slides on that slide is supposedly planned for Shenmue IV. Go to 10:06 of this video and he specifically starts discussing the details of those chapters. Very interesting stuff. The more I think about it, the more I feel like Suzuki backloaded the budget for Shenmue III development to create Shenmue IV. Hearing him talk about Shenmue IV this early into SIII dev cycle is quite intriguing to say the least

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm whether or not the translation of Niao Sun's words about the Chi You Men being her's is accurate? Given that there are several errors in the subs (and presumably the dub), I just wanted to check it was 100%.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the translation of Niao Sun's words about the Chi You Men being her's is accurate? Given that there are several errors in the subs (and presumably the dub), I just wanted to check it was 100%.
Didn't play the English version, but Niao Sun said "これで、蚩尤門も私のもの!" in Japanese, which means "With this (Lan Di burned to death), the Chi You Men belong to me!"

Back