A Shenmue Story - New Shenmue Journey from George Kitchen!

You're the type of person I'm making the game for. :)

I really appreciate that. On instagram, someone commented "wasn't this supposed to come out on Friday?" and some replied to him with "FACTS"..

Like, really? I owe you now, because my free game wasn't ready?

I would take it as a compliment. That just means your game looks so promising that people can't bear to wait a few more days.

I really appreciate that. On instagram, someone commented "wasn't this supposed to come out on Friday?" and some replied to him with "FACTS"..

Don't worry about it. That's just typical internet entitlement. As someone who's released Christmas games in the past, 99.9% of the community is cool. That 0.01% is annoying as hell though and will by default rub you the wrong way. You won't even remember them once the game is released and everyone and their mother is praising you.

This final stretch is the hardest part. Especially with all the testing and making sure everything works and flows correctly.

You got this brother. This project is gonna be one for the Shenmue record books.

sorry man i was the one who asked for the release day. i didn't want to rush or offend anyone. I was just confused, I thought they spelled it wrong.
Anyway take all the time you need to complete the work. if you need to take a few more days

Don't worry about it. That's just typical internet entitlement. As someone who's released Christmas games in the past, 99.9% of the community is cool. That 0.01% is annoying as hell though and will by default rub you the wrong way. You won't even remember them once the game is released and everyone and their mother is praising you.

This final stretch is the hardest part. Especially with all the testing and making sure everything works and flows correctly.

You got this brother. This project is gonna be one for the Shenmue record books.
Wait, are you the one who made Gaiden?

As you can relate, the biggest hurdle for me was when I decided to add jumping. I had to go back and create colliders/barriers everywhere to prevent people from going through walls, but then I found that even with everything covered properly, there were now 100 holes people could fall into and get stuck, because Shenmue was never built for this..

People will still get stuck after release if they try hard enough. If you stick to the basic areas, you're fine.

Wait, are you the one who made Gaiden?

As you can relate, the biggest hurdle for me was when I decided to add jumping. I had to go back and create colliders/barriers everywhere to prevent people from going through walls, but then I found that even with everything covered properly, there were now 100 holes people could fall into and get stuck, because Shenmue was never built for this..

People will still get stuck after release if they try hard enough. If you stick to the basic areas, you're fine.

Yeah i created gaiden. I remember staying up late on many nights during Christmas to get it released. Do the best you can, but avoid any burnout. There's always gonna be some bugs that will make it into the final build, but that's ok. The heart and soul of the game will make the bugs a non-issue. This is a great project and I'm super happy to see another Shenmue Christmas game.

Game Logo.png
Dreams of Saturn is a Shenmue Xmas fan game from George Kitchen. The game features around 10-15 hours worth of content in the form of a short Shenmue story, taking place before and after the events of the original Shenmue, along with a wide variety of mini-games, achievements and collectables. The game is a standalone client and is NOT a mod for the original Shenmue.

The game is currently available for PC only (Mac version at a later date) and can be downloaded below:

>> DOWNLOAD (3GB) <<

The game is likely to run on most PC's, even low end spec, although we will have more data on this soon when more people download and play.​

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 19187
Dreams of Saturn is a Shenmue Xmas fan game from George Kitchen. The game features around 10-15 hours worth of content in the form of a short Shenmue story, taking place before and after the events of the original Shenmue, along with a wide variety of mini-games, achievements and collectables. The game is a standalone client and is NOT a mod for the original Shenmue.

The game is currently available for PC only (Mac version at a later date) and can be downloaded below:

>> DOWNLOAD (3GB) <<
(Sorry will be available tomorrow!)

The game is likely to run on most PC's, even low end spec, although we will have more data on this soon when more people download and play.​
Can't wait!!

Sorry Everyone. The build had a weird visual glitch that came out of nowhere. Frustrating..
Everything is fixed now but need to wait until morning for my friends it England to wake up, so they can host it. It gives me a little more time to look for any issues. We managed to increase the video quality of the cutscenes as well, thanks to James Brown and my twin, Joe. While I have a few more hours, I'm going to add more random NPC dialogue.

Everything is fixed now but need to wait until morning for my friends it England to wake up, so they can host it. It gives me a little more time to look for any issues. We managed to increase the video quality of the cutscenes as well, thanks to James Brown and my twin, Joe. While I have a few more hours, I'm going to add more random NPC dialogue.
Wake up fellow UK friends!

Good work on the game. I am excited to play it when released!

I'm UK and have been awake for hours. Wake up everyone else ๐Ÿ˜‚

Looking forward to seeing the game in action, it looks great.

I'm UK and have been awake for hours. Wake up everyone else ๐Ÿ˜‚

Looking forward to seeing the game in action, it looks great.
Hey I was awake at 5:20am after going to bed at like 2am last night! Some people have full time jobs to do ๐Ÿ™ˆ! Seriously though hope everyone can grab the game now and enjoys the hell out of it! I canโ€™t wait to play it myself!

Hey I was awake at 5:20am after going to bed at like 2am last night! Some people have full time jobs to do ๐Ÿ™ˆ! Seriously though hope everyone can grab the game now and enjoys the hell out of it! I canโ€™t wait to play it myself!
I have a full time job, but it's nearly Christmas and this is Shenmue we are talking about, fuck work ๐Ÿ˜‚*

*Note: Dear employer, if you read this, I am joking. I love my job! Please don't fire me โ˜น๏ธ

I have a full time job, but it's nearly Christmas and this is Shenmue we are talking about, fuck work ๐Ÿ˜‚*

*Note: Dear employer, if you read this, I am joking. I love my job! Please don't fire me โ˜น๏ธ
Do the right grown up thing.........play shenmue lol

The Tv being on in the hazuki residence and playing sega ads is such a nice touch and brings the environment alive. Love it

So i played around an hour and here are my thoughts:

First I have to say I didnt like the intro dream sequence. It dragged way to long and the giant kid/godzilla thing just didnt feel like shenmue. Wish this was just kicked out. BUT the scene with Iwao and the jacket afterwards put a real smile on my face. And from there it just went better and better.

Just the humor is a thing I didnt like in S3 and dont like here so much (cockroach in closet scene) or how rude Ryo sometimes is to others or get treated by them.

My magic moment was when leaving Yamanose to Sakuragaoka and there were no loadig screen. Just one big world and seeing the lights of Sakuragaoka in the distance coming closer was just amazing.

All in all still a bit rough around the edges but i I enjoy it very much. Thank you for this nice little christmastreat.

Thanks for the words, everyone. Just woke up.. I'm burned out..

Rammsi, I appreciate the points. We chose a less serious story on purpose. I felt that if we told a fully serious story, it would disrespect the canon that Yu-San created. It's his story to tell, not mine. I don't feel I have authority to make that story, so we start right off with a silly dream sequence to make it clear that this is a fan game.

There also isn't much audio available to make a new story, so most of the dialogue is just for fun. I can't have Ryo asking everyone about the men in the black suits or where Amihama is. That story was already told. AI is fine, but the more I used it, the more I felt I was taking too many liberties with Yu-Sans personal creations.

This is a game about enjoying a Christmas atmosphere and mini-games. The story really isn't the focus at all. Yes, it's rough around the edges, but I am one person trying to make a full 15 hour Shenmue experience from the ground up.

:I hope this doesn't come across as defensive. Just explaining how I approached it:

Back