A Shenmue Story - New Shenmue Journey from George Kitchen!

I've tested the intro and think I can play this! Already gobsmacked by that intro sequence!

Thanks to George for his dedication on this, it looks like something special!

>> DOWNLOAD (3GB) <<
DO NOT USE AN OLD SAVE WITH THIS VERSION!

Version 1.6 (26/12/23) –
  • New Santa menu, making it clear which ones you have.
  • New Map with info on when shops open.
  • Shops participating now have a glowing Santa in front to make more visible.
  • Ecco is no longer a requirement to get Santa.
  • Pool improved. Better physics, less obstacles, larger Q-ball, making it easier to pick up. Less difficult.
  • Improved some hole designs in golf.
  • Some NPC’s added with conversations.
  • NPC’s paths improved so less congestion on streets.
  • Fixed NiGHTS not showing 80+ achievement graphic.
  • Some text fixes.
  • Sped up some menus and collecting to move faster through the game.
  • Finished nameplates of each home in Sakuragaoka and Yamanose.

Max's Shenmue dreams of saturn stream now has over 126,000 views.

Insane. Awesome to see

1703633496995.png

Last edited:
Haven't played it, but it sounds awesome!
We all miss Ryo's adventures in Japan, so this seems like the perfect holiday gift. Thank you for making this!

Version 1.61 (27/12/23) –
  • Fixed Bunkado Antiques hint, previously wasn’t clickable
  • Added Tomato Store hint
  • Fixed Ecco bug where after you win the game, playing again would hide the menu
>> DOWNLOAD (3GB) <<

I really dislike the spinning santas glued to the buildings, I'd rather have them shown on the map and change when found.
Edit. just noticed that that the completion was added in Santa's collection window.
And finally finished it!
The Bar Toon Santa was hardest to find for me, which is funny because it's one of the smaller spaces.

Last edited:
I really dislike the spinning santas glued to the buildings, I'd rather have them shown on the map and change when found.
Eventually I'll add that they disappear from the buildings/be smaller/not spinning.

Having them on the map would be a lot of work but I'll look into it. I needed a quick fix as I'm on vacation and have spent 90 hours in the last week trying to make the game as polished as possible.

Max Dood streamed it and then a bunch of non Shenmue fans started playing, got lost and sent me messages. I needed a version that was very clear where to go.

Of course, I understand, take your time. Watched some of these streams too. Just finished the game. Bar Toon Santa gave me a hard time :D

Eventually I'll add that they disappear from the buildings/be smaller/not spinning.

Having them on the map would be a lot of work but I'll look into it. I needed a quick fix as I'm on vacation and have spent 90 hours in the last week trying to make the game as polished as possible.

Max Dood streamed it and then a bunch of non Shenmue fans started playing, got lost and sent me messages. I needed a version that was very clear where to go.
I haven't finished yet but loving everything that finding. What a xmas surprise. you made an excellent fan-game.

I've played Dreams of Saturn today after finishing Shenmue I yesterday and it was a great little companion title to spend some extra time in Yokosuka. I haven't read through this thread yet, because I wanted to share my own fresh thoughts without subconsciously rehashing what others might have already mentioned, though I'm sure there'll be some overlap.

Long story short I'm very impressed with this project both technically and creatively. While in some areas the game (currently) is a little glitchy this feels in a lot of ways like a tech-demo / proof-of-concept dressed up as a fun Christmas themed fan game. I wouldn't be surprised if this will in some way, shape or form serve as the basis for more seriously themed projects in the future.

Great work!

Edit: I've played v1.1 and it took me the better part of the day to finish.

Last edited:
Anybody doing the Chobu Chans search ? I'm missing #12 and #25, did someone find them ?
I don't want the exact location but maybe an hint as to where to search for them.

Edit : I've found #25, only missing #12.

Last edited:
Back