Amazon Shipping Delay

Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
ShenmueHD
We're writing to let you know that the following items have been delayed:

"Shenmue I & II (xbox_one)"
Estimated arrival date: August 23 2018

We're sorry for this delay in getting these items to you.

Thanks a lot Amazon! Ordered the day it was announced, and got an email about 10 minutes ago.

Yup just got the same email as you, might cancel and either go digital (more money to Sega I suppose) or track down another copy.

Why take preorders if you don’t have stock!!! Very disappointing!

EDIT: My email doesn’t even give me a date - just says we are having trouble locating the item.

Same, I placed the pre order a month ago and they've only just decided to tell me an hour ago that they don't have it and that they don't have a clue when they'll get it in either. I'm pretty tired of Amazon lately, this is the second time this year they've done this to me with a preorder as well as them screwing up half a dozen other orders this year. In the end I just canceled the order and placed it with Shopto and paid extra for next day delivery, at least I know it will actually arrive that way.

Pretty tempted to cancel Prime, especially after they've taken away a lot of the perks for members. It got really bad since you had the option to pay monthly.

Haven't even dispatched my order . Has anyone else got arriving on 23rd? It's arriving on the 23rd but has yet to be dispatched. What's the point of pre-ordering then?Shouldn't they send them out on 19th So they arrive at least no later than 22nd?Argos have it for 24.99 going to get it there instead I'll keep the amazon copy sealed. Last time I preorder.

You guys got me wondering, so I went and looked and they didn't take my payment yet, plus the card that I used to place the order in April, expired, so it was never paid for! (which is stupid, because the whole point of a pre-order is to pay ahead of time)

Otherwise, I would've gone a good week or so without checking, many thanks to this thread!

FYI; Amazon Canada, shipped, on it's way, out for delivery as of 8:25AM.

What shipping did you choose? I have free, but since it ships from Mississauga, it should still arrive in a day or 2 (hasn't been shipped as of yet).

28-29 for me, but if I find a PS4 copy today I will cancel it

Just had an update to say dispatched and should be here tomorrow. I'll keep you guys updated, fingers crossed!

If it makes you guys feel any better, Amazon didn't delay my copy but...
CDj4S1w.jpg

How I feel fright now;

XSIpVSR.jpg

Very poor service from Amazon, stopped buying games from them now, they aren't even the best prices anymore even with the £2 prime discount. 365Games or Base are your best bets these days, 365Games has a great points system aswell to get even bigger discounts!

If it makes you guys feel any better, Amazon didn't delay my copy but...
CDj4S1w.jpg

How I feel fright now;

XSIpVSR.jpg

That happened to me once before when buying a 4K movie from Amazon. Contact their customer service and get a replacement sent ASAP. To amazons credit they've only ever got something to me damaged a few times in many years of using.

I (and a few others) also mentioned Amazon in this thread :
https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/who-didnt-get-it-early.326/post-7715

Haven't even dispatched my order . Has anyone else got arriving on 23rd? It's arriving on the 23rd but has yet to be dispatched. What's the point of pre-ordering then?Shouldn't they send them out on 19th So they arrive at least no later than 22nd?...
My order status also said today that it should arrive on the 23rd. A while ago the status finally changed to "dispatched". I saw people on other forums who got the same estimated date and also ordered it months ago.

Same, I placed the pre order a month ago and they've only just decided to tell me an hour ago that they don't have it and that they don't have a clue when they'll get it in either. I'm pretty tired of Amazon lately, this is the second time this year they've done this to me with a preorder as well as them screwing up half a dozen other orders this year.
Pretty tempted to cancel Prime, especially after they've taken away a lot of the perks for members. It got really bad since you had the option to pay monthly.
It sucks that they couldn't tell you this earlier. It's slightly annoying that they can't ship a game in time even if you preordered in April. Sure, it's not the end of the world but more a matter of principle.

I (and a few others) also mentioned Amazon in this thread :
https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/who-didnt-get-it-early.326/post-7715

My order status also said today that it should arrive on the 23rd. A while ago the status finally changed to "dispatched". I saw people on other forums who got the same estimated date and also ordered it months ago.

It sucks that they couldn't tell you this earlier. It's slightly annoying that they can't ship a game in time even if you preordered in April. Sure, it's not the end of the world but more a matter of principle.

I think it's because they take too many pre orders on games and sometimes don't have enough stock to cover. I had issues with them in the past with some niche titles like Danganronpa V3. I had preordered this almost the moment it went up to buy but they kept me waiting like two months before dispatching.

I also caved and got it on Steam, just completed my first day and its great to be back!

Back