Amazon Shipping Delay

I cancelled and went digital (£5 cheaper as well) as I’m not going to be near a proper game shop for a while. Also since I didn’t even get an estimated date seems to show they don’t even have the stock to ship to me!

Would of been nice to get a physical copy but meh I’ve already got Shenmue 1 and 2 and 2x gathering dust.

I asked my brother to pre-order me a copy and post it over to me as it’s not out in Japan for a few months. Of course, he chose Amazon and they emailed yesterday (early morning release day UK time) to say that the game wouldn’t be delivered and there was no estimated delivery date.

The only silver lining is that by the time I finally receive it, the PS4 version might be patched and a bit more playable.

Pretty ridiculous that Amazon are unable to fulfill a preorder placed more than a month ago, although my brother did say that he went to Game in Birmingham City Centre and they hadn’t had a delivery in either. Perhaps not enough copies were produced or there are some distribution problems.

Just got mine delivered, fingers crossed for you guys waiting and hope you get yours soon!

Sadly I think the same will happen to me. It says arriving tomorrow by 8pm. But still not dispatched. Had this before with an item that Had run out of stock. Very angry and absolute Last time i pre order off Amazon . They've took preorders for games they didn't have. Preordered this when it first became available too. Everywhere is Sold out aswell.

I got the delivery date on 28-29 August, I went to a Carrefour shop, bought it, went back home and cancel the PS4 unit from Amazon but I left the Xbox One version since it is only for collecting purposes, and now they say it will arrive on Friday.

I too got a message from Amazon saying that my order is delayed until today or even this weekend. Nonsense. Preordered the day it was announced just to have to go out and buy it from Gamestop.

Cancelled mine. Rang up amazon they said the manufacturer didn't send them enough copies. I then asked why they continued to take preorders and I ordered mine straight after it became available . Lady apologised and gave me 5 pound off my next amazon order. Very kind woman aswell certainly not Her fault . Anyway good news is I got a copy at my local game So in the end not a bad result. If you ordered on Amazon and haven't received / arriving next week or delayed etc cancel . They're waiting for new copies lady said could be next week or next month.

Oh man it seems they really underestimated the demand for this game, wich honestly wouldn't surprise me too much.

Either that or they just made limited amounts of the first print with the poster to save money earlier and/or to improve the impression of the demand artifically.

I must admit, there was no delay whatsoever in having my digital copy ready to play at midnight on release. Then my PS4 and Xbox One copies arrived on time (and presumably there are/will be no issues with my Steam and Japanese Special Edition copies). I always said I'd support these games if released, I've backed Shenmue 3 heavily and I've been true to my word. I hope plenty of others share my enthusiasm for ensuring these games (especially Shenmue 3) are the success they always deserved. I want to see this Shenmue saga right through to the end Yu always planned.

Just checked my bank account and they deducted the money today (wont mention the costs here, shipping to Norway is expensive as f***), but the shipping still hasn't changed to dispatched, just "order placed". Which is what it said when I just placed it. Bit bummed. I might have a gap this weekend, Saturday night, to play undisturbed, so wanted to have it in hand, patches downloaded, by then. Next time my schedule have any time (let's be real, one wants at least a few hours alone to get into it) is September 7th. But, ever the optimist, then I have 10 days off work and the house to my lovely self so... That'll be awesome!

It's just all the topics here at the Dojo, the wibes, the OST playing on way to work, the effing epic new trailer out, kinda want to start enjoying it this Saturday. I know I'm whining, what's another two weeks really, but this new fever for everything Shenmue has also brought back the impatience of our teenage selves. L.o.l. (I'm too old to be lol'ing but feck it)

Same, I placed the pre order a month ago and they've only just decided to tell me an hour ago that they don't have it and that they don't have a clue when they'll get it in either. I'm pretty tired of Amazon lately, this is the second time this year they've done this to me with a preorder as well as them screwing up half a dozen other orders this year. In the end I just canceled the order and placed it with Shopto and paid extra for next day delivery, at least I know it will actually arrive that way.

Pretty tempted to cancel Prime, especially after they've taken away a lot of the perks for members. It got really bad since you had the option to pay monthly.

Seems some games get's the 20% off and other's don't. Most of the games I buy have the 20% off for prime members for pre orders. I remember how the 20% of used to be it used to be like GCU's ( GCU is not dead unless you got one before it stopped) and how they changed it. But there have been problems between sony and exclusive games of theirs too along with other problems with ps4 games and do not forget about the Nintendo amazon problem before :/. Seems Amazon get's in a beef with everyone, though I see no reason to stop prime because I use it for more than pre-orders and then the fact that games depending on what they are still get the 20% off. If they do not it is available on other consoles, for instance a game might get 20% off on Xbox one and Nintendo Switch game but not ps4. If you are a sony only person I guess that's enough to want to cancel prime.

Toronto, Canada.

No updates today; changed to a current card and all was good. Payment STILL hasn't been taken (going on 31 hours now) and it still hasn't shipped, obviously.

No Best Buys have it near me and I absolutely refuse to give a penny to EB, as they are self-righteous, stuck-up, elitist morons.

So I may need to go hunting, Saturday morning or Friday night.

I am on the East Coast and got my packages yesterday. Then again Amazon in my state does seem to have good service. I never had an issue with them here before. Though I hardly pre-ordered a game in a long time, and even when I used to I usually bought from the store. I ordered plenty of stuff from Amazon and from what I noticed there is never any problem, once they left my package in the mail room.

Toronto, Canada.

No updates today; changed to a current card and all was good. Payment STILL hasn't been taken (going on 31 hours now) and it still hasn't shipped, obviously.

No Best Buys have it near me and I absolutely refuse to give a penny to EB, as they are self-righteous, stuck-up, elitist morons.

You got hosed. That sucks. No other stores equivalent to that of a Target or WAL MART?

You got hosed. That sucks. No other stores equivalent to that of a Target or WAL MART?
Crap, didn't even think about Wal-Mart!

Yeah, we have a ton in the GTA, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Many thanks, Mr. Srirach.

Toronto, Canada.

Eb games in USA all turned to Gamestop. Once thing I did notice is the attitude of those at eb game reminded me of the assholes at Funcoland back in the day (which I will not get in to here). But then I wonder what they did to you in the first place because if they have it for sale you can get your copy all you have to do is let go of whatever bad experience you had with them. It is better than waiting for Amazon to ship the product if eb games has it you can cancel the one on Amazon :D.

Last edited:
Crap, didn't even think about Wal-Mart!

Yeah, we have a ton in the GTA, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Many thanks, Mr. Srirach.

Np. Just Fyi, unless there's one really close to you, you may want to call to make sure they have it at whatever location you intend to go to. I just did I quick search on the Canadian wal MART site to see if store stock or pickup is available and my search generated this:

20180822_150705.png

Back