Any backers worried to receive the game later than non-backers ?

The closer we're getting to the release date, the more I think about it and I realize the game is releasing soon... Which means backer rewards will be sent too.

Which is where I'm getting concerned... What are the odds backers are getting screwed and might receive their game days, if weeks after the release date ?

(I'm almost tempted to buy the game in store just to make sure...)

I've backed quite a lot of projects. Unfortunately, it happens near enough every time... it's often just unavoidable, sadly.

I'm not worried though, because I've pre-ordered a retail copy too. We also saw in a recent update that they are preparing the rewards, so I think they will do their best to get rewards out promptly and efficiently.

The importanst thing to be a backer is, that the copies are saved. When Shenmue III is sold out in a very short time, the backers have luck and need just to wait. :-)

If it happens it happens.

I'm sure every effort will be made to ensure most reach us within a good timeframe and they did an update showing them preparing rewards so we know it's being worked on.

I've got a retail copy ready and a digital backer copy just in case they don't arrive in time.

It just depends how many shipping locations they have and where your country is situated from the closest shipping point. It also depends how quickly they can get through all the rewards. I wonder which company they will outsource this to and which couriers they will use. I do hope for the higher prices rewards they use a decent courier with proper tracking.

I added a digital copy onto my KS pledge for this reason.

Unfortunately they can't send the game out *too* early because you're looking at leaks and a potential upset to the general release strategy, but once it's in the post it'll be ultimately out of Ys Net or Fangamer's hands, and it's not like buying something off Amazon where they've got copies of the stuff sat regionally around warehouses in your country either.

It's a reality of backing physical items on Kickstarter, so I hope people don't get too mad.

Just be warned, even digital copies can have issues and set backs. When Bloodstained Curse of the Moon came out, I waited weeks for my digital code. They gave out Steam temporary keys to those affected.

I think that was a rare issue though. I hadn't had that problem before.

Like I said, it depends how many distribution centres they use. One thing I kickstarted were shipping from one in the USA and somewhere in Europe (I want to say... Germany?), whilst another I think just sent all rewards from China and it took ages. Like Spaghetti said, it's not like ordering something off Amazon.

I snabbed a digital copy on the slacker backer it feels good only having to pay half price. When I get my finances in order I'll buy a physical version.

Just be warned, even digital copies can have issues and set backs. When Bloodstained Curse of the Moon came out, I waited weeks for my digital code. They gave out Steam temporary keys to those affected.

I think that was a rare issue though. I hadn't had that problem before.
Yeah, that was an issue with console keys caused by some kind of delay in submitting the final code, or something like that.

I don't think that can happen here as Shenmue III is getting a physical release, and obviously won't be an issue on Steam as publishers are totally in control of generating keys, rather than on consoles where it's done by the platform holder.

do we know from where the kickstarter things will be shipped / produced?
are they sending it from asia to all the countries worldwide
or do they have warehouses or whatever in the US and Europe?

because this will make a difference of day and night.
if they ship ... lets say a 300 dollar kickstarter package like one week before the actual game release date
from an asian country to ... Germany for example, the package will never ever arrive on time.

I got my physical ps4 version over the slacker backer campaign and I am quite certain that I have to wait a bit. It is unfortunate but cannot be helped. I think the production place of the copies won't be Europe so some waiting time cannot be avoided.

That's why I am thinking of getting a retail version too, if I can afford it to play right on the release day. I might even keep my slacker backer copy unpacked if it is different from the retail version as a collectors item.

I'm starting to think I should've take an additionnal digital copy through the slacker backer campaign...

if you want a guarantee that you are able to play on release day, you have to buy a digital copy
or a retail copy in a nearby shop. i think the chances are not that high that everyone will
receive a kickstarter version on the release date.

I'm just waiting that my goverment steals from me like 1000 bucks just because.
I bought a freaking cd with a tshirt and they charged me 30 bucks for nothing.
I got the bust tier, so I'm already thinking of how much it'll cost.
I'll probably just buy the ps4 digital edition (I got one 500 tier and the other bust tier, can't remember if it comes with a digital download).

I'm starting to think I should've take an additionnal digital copy through the slacker backer campaign...

Yeah, that's the best way to make sure you'll be playing the game on day one. If you want, you can just preorder an extra digital copy on PSN. That would also create extra sales for S3 which can only be a good thing. I'm not worried about getting my rewards later. That's pretty normal for Kickstarters, as many people here have pointed out. Never expected to get my Kickstarter rewards on release day.

Also a Japanese friend of mine sent me a package for Christmas last year and I only got it in late January because it got stuck in customs. I know they probably won't be as busy during the summer as they are for Christmas but having to wait between four to six weeks for my package from Japan to get through customs was a shock to me nevertheless.

I'll probably preorder an additional retail copy at my local Saturn or Media Markt (something like Best Buy here in Germany). If they don't take preorders for games, I'd even be willing to shop at Gamestop if it's for Shenmue, even though I usually avoid Gamestop. They already have it up for preorder over here.

I've got it on preorder on Amazon already but Amazon can be pretty unreliable so I think it's best to preorder another copy at my local retailer. No big deal and on top of that, that's an extra copy of S3 sold.

if you want a guarantee that you are able to play on release day, you have to buy a digital copy
or a retail copy in a nearby shop. i think the chances are not that high that everyone will
receive a kickstarter version on the release date.

That's my plan. Digital copy on PSN the minute it's available.

Back