Any word on the when the console patch (XB1 & PS4) is coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're talking about the rumored Day 1 Patch, I don't think it has received it yet, nor any of the platforms.

I believe both PC and Xbox One are at least one patch ahead(1.3). Sony is usually horrid in terms of getting patches pushed through.

As far as the Big Day 1 Patch, I'm going to assume that is no longer a thing, but rather d3t/SEGA are now compiling and working on all information on bugs/concerns/audio in order for the first major patch to be as thorough as possible.

I hope it's soon. I'm tempted to hold off continuing until they address the issue with fully trained moves reverting back to zero after sleeping. That's kinda gamebreaking for me at this point...

I hope it's soon. I'm tempted to hold off continuing until they address the issue with fully trained moves reverting back to zero after sleeping. That's kinda gamebreaking for me at this point...
What version was this on?

I've finished Shenmue 1 on PS4 and it all worked fine the moves all levelled up after sleep

It sounds like PS4 will receive similar patches to PC but a few days later, so if you'd like to know what may be fixed in future patches, have a look at the patch notes for the latest PC version and the snag list to be addressed in future patches.

If you're talking about the rumored Day 1 Patch, I don't think it has received it yet, nor any of the platforms.

I believe both PC and Xbox One are at least one patch ahead(1.3). Sony is usually horrid in terms of getting patches pushed through.

As far as the Big Day 1 Patch, I'm going to assume that is no longer a thing, but rather d3t/SEGA are now compiling and working on all information on bugs/concerns/audio in order for the first major patch to be as thorough as possible.

It might not be Sega's fault, Sony are well known in the industry for delaying patches compared to other platforms.

It might not be Sega's fault, Sony are well known in the industry for delaying patches compared to other platforms.

People keep saying that, but I don't remember much delays with patches for other games.

I hope Shenmue 2 gets patched before I finish Shenmue 1.

Please say they release it today lol

I'd rather not start before the big stuff is ironed out. It looks gorgeous, but I really hope that patch comes soon.

People keep saying that, but I don't remember much delays with patches for other games.

I hope Shenmue 2 gets patched before I finish Shenmue 1.
I've gotten a new No Man's Sky patch almost daily since buying it a couple weeks ago. Seems odd if they're really that strict.

I've gotten a new No Man's Sky patch almost daily since buying it a couple weeks ago. Seems odd if they're really that strict.

Yeah and with God of War too. In fact, I swear I'd launch that game in the morning, download a patch and by the afternoon there would be yet another patch to download. There were patches all the time for that game within the first month.

lol you're right. I've noticed God of War updating almost daily, especially since the big patch on Monday (great game, btw).

It is very odd how far behind the PS4 version feels now compared to the other two. Definitely feels a bit more buggy, had more sound issues for example (crackling sound, high pitched voices, missing instruments, synth music out of tune/delayed, loud footsteps) just loads. Visually it's been fine aside from the bloom turning itself back on after exiting the notebook. Bit crazy if they're sitting on their hands with the patch for the PS4 release (not D3t, but rather SEGA or Sony, whichever it is that's the guilty party here).

Unfortunately even though xbox is a patch ahead of PS4, it still has pretty much all the same glaring issues. I'm really hoping this new patch helps out a lot. I want a definitive version of this game already!

The PS4 patching/approval process takes so long that I’m starting to think I’ll have finished the games before they’re fully fixed.

Terrible shame there are so many bugs in what is otherwise a well done rerelease. Even worse that so many are not even rare or hard to find - I fail to believe that the devs weren’t already aware of them at the time of release, but probably just ran out of time to fix them.

Even worse that so many are not even rare or hard to find - I fail to believe that the devs weren’t already aware of them at the time of release, but probably just ran out of time to fix them.

This. I've just fired up Shenmue II for the very first time, and the music and sound effects are plain broken. How someone, somewhere, gave it the green light, I will never know.

In effect, the fans who can be bothered to log and report the bugs have become the testing team for d3t.

It's a good job I'm the kind of fan who will revisit regardless, because I'm now getting a bit concerned there will be others that won't, which is a real shame.

Lesson learned with this one (but, saying that, didn't d3t make a pig's ear out of a Mega Drive classics game as well?).

If they want to crowd source the coding out as well, I’m game.

Get permission from SEGA to release the source, put it online and I’m sure the fans will fix it.

I recall reading somewhere in the past that Sony charge devs to add dlc and game updates to PSN. It could be for that reason that we haven’t seen a patch for PS4.

By the sound of things, the Xbox One version still needs another patch too; so maybe the devs decided to just apply both patches together as one update for the PS4 version to save money? Just a thought.

Lesson learned with this one (but, saying that, didn't d3t make a pig's ear out of a Mega Drive classics game as well?).
Yes, two monstrosities in a row. They never fixed the Genesis Collection, we can only pray they fix Shenmue...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back