Any word on the when the console patch (XB1 & PS4) is coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont understand why the PS4 version is still stuck on the first patch.
i know that it takes a little longer on consoles to approve the patches but this waiting time is not normal.
i own a couple of games twice on Steam and PS4 and the time difference between the patches on both platforms
is maybe 8-24 hours. the last game where i could see that was No Mans Sky.
it does not take more than 7 days to approve a patch on console.
so there must be something else going on.
Because releasing a patch on PSN costs money and they don’t want to waste that money releasing a patch that will need to be updated soon. The issues that the Xbone patch addresses are just the tip of the iceberg.

Well, they should maybe eat that cost cuz people are probably telling friends not to buy the game til some of these major fuckups are fixed.

Well, they should maybe eat that cost cuz people are probably telling friends not to buy the game til some of these major fuckups are fixed.
Why? I don’t agree with a lot of the decisions made with this port but this one makes a lot of sense to me.

Rolling a turd in glitter makes it no less of a turd. Better to wait until they have addressed some of the glaring problems (cutscenes, blacks and music) and save the money.

I can’t imagine that patch is far away - so why drop the money twice for the sake of a few days and fixing a few minor things when there are still far bigger problems present that make the game near unplayable?

Because

Graphical Issues
  • Fixed various issues with cameras being incorrect in cut scenes.
Audio
  • Fixed various instances of crackling background music.

Because

Graphical Issues
  • Fixed various issues with cameras being incorrect in cut scenes.
Audio
  • Fixed various instances of crackling background music.
That’s the PC patch which is still in Beta.

Missing from their patch notes was...
  • Causes other gameplay problems.
... which is why that patch is still in Beta.

At this point all we can do is wait, continue to report the bugs (because god knows they don’t have any testers of their own) and hope that a patch is released before all of the remaining goodwill the gaming community has for Shenmue has drained away.

d3t just posted this new hiring of a Junior QA... oh the mockery, I feel trolled.

tbh I doubt he will be working on Shenmue. He might relieve the position of a higher ranking employee so they can go work on Shenmue.

d3t also tweeted this today. Smh... salt in the wound.

behave. Stop making excuses for them. A week after launch without a patch when a game has as many issues as these, is unacceptable, end of
behave. Stop making excuses for them. A week after launch without a patch when a game has as many issues as these, is unacceptable, end of
Not having that tone either.

I agree with everything you're saying but I'm sorry there's a way to go about it and being aggressive isn't it.

If people don't want to listen to reason that's fine.

Is it acceptable currently. Most say not. Is it common practice now? Unfortunately so.

If you've an issue with it please let Sega know.

Something worth thinking about.

The Japanese release is 22nd Novemebr so a little under 3 months away.

Firstly this is good because it means that they will be working on the games until this point you would hope.

However this could (& I'm guessing) cause a delay on the PS4 patch. They are not going to want to spend loads of money patching things here and then release a patch over there too. They might hold off and do them once ready. Here first then JP if there are no changes.

I hope I'm wrong but it's logical that this is an option.

I'd be hoping for a patch this week and still am but definately food for thought

A sound thought. However, waiting 3 months for a patch is a tough pill to swallow.

I love the music of Shenmue, but outside of the notebook, it seems really tinny and poor quality. This needs addressed in a big way for me.

The Shenmue community has been absolutely relentless and meticulous about finding and logging all bugs, glitches and general maintenance needed. There was talk earlier about them working on Patch 1, which has been released. They stated they had also begun work on Patch 2.

Due to the nature of console patches, it is possible it will get both patches rolled into one major patch, rather than the incremental patches that PC seems to be getting, which will result in a delay.

Patches can hit anytime on PS4, really. It is true that Tuesday is a common day; however, Overwatch gets patches on Thursday and other games whenever.

A sound thought. However, waiting 3 months for a patch is a tough pill to swallow.

I love the music of Shenmue, but outside of the notebook, it seems really tinny and poor quality. This needs addressed in a big way for me.

The Shenmue community has been absolutely relentless and meticulous about finding and logging all bugs, glitches and general maintenance needed. There was talk earlier about them working on Patch 1, which has been released. They stated they had also begun work on Patch 2.

Due to the nature of console patches, it is possible it will get both patches rolled into one major patch, rather than the incremental patches that PC seems to be getting, which will result in a delay.

Patches can hit anytime on PS4, really. It is true that Tuesday is a common day; however, Overwatch gets patches on Thursday and other games whenever.

Agreed totally. I'm hoping we won't have to wait but I can just see it happening. The music in 2 is not great barring Guilin.

Fingers crossed a patch lands soon.

The music in 2 is downright fucking awful. (Guilin being the one exception I had, like you said, thankfully. Best music of the two games.)

I hope they put a patch out soon because I already wanna do another playthrough and play with the Japanese dub this time.

Has the music been fixed in the pc versions?

The Free music has been fixed (level wise in the PC version), I didn't have a chance to try out S2 yet though. I'll try jump in later today and have a quick test.
Awesome do let us know as I'm intrigued.

Did the black/glitchy cutscenes glitch get fixed by the PC patch? I don’t even want to turn this game on again if it doesn’t get fixed on the PS4.

Did the black/glitchy cutscenes glitch get fixed by the PC patch? I don’t even want to turn this game on again if it doesn’t get fixed on the PS4.
I don’t think I’ve experienced the problem since downloading the patch. Prior to that, I’d reached a point in the game where pretty much every cutscene was playing out incorrectly.

Around when did it start? Started for me after Ryo meets Master Chen and continued into meeting Chai for the first time. It really pissed me off. I first noticed it glitching out when Ryo goes to sleep and all I could see was outside the house.

Awesome do let us know as I'm intrigued.
Is there a piece of music you know that is specifically messed up? I have been playing through 2 on the PS4, and noticed that Wise Man's Qr's main melody is a semi-tone out so will check that. The other thing that comes to mind is the music right atthe start with the arm wrestling and how it had way too much reverb on it so just sounded like a blurred mess.

If you let me know some other tracks, I'll hunt them down and find out. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back