Ask the Person Below you a Question?

The 3rd has been etched in Shenmue fans' routines for over seven years now. Changing it would just confuse people. (Also not very much rhymes with fourth...)

True, plus, we need to keep going for Shenmue IV regardless of successful sales figures of Three.

A: Breaking Bad. The episodes were agonisingly long, but people continually assured me that it gets better and better. I think I stopped watching a few episodes into the final season.

I wasn’t necessarily hyped as fuck about it, but I’ve already given my little GTA V story.

Q: Name a hidden gem you reckon people should know about. Doesn’t matter what it is, whether it’s a video game mod, a quote, or even a type of biscuit.

Rubicon from AMC. Top 5 shows of all time. Died unceremoniously after one season between Breaking Bad and Walking Dead. Impossible to survive being sandwiched between the overhype of those two... :/

Odd abilities? Something not every person can do, such as... moving your ears or whatever. Not so lame as only lifting one eyebrow, though haha.

Last edited:
True, plus, we need to keep going for Shenmue IV regardless of successful sales figures of Three.

Rubicon from AMC. Top 5 shows of all time. Died unceremoniously after one season between Breaking Bad and Walking Dead. Impossible to survive being sandwiched between the overhype of those two... :/

Odd abilities? Something not every person can do, such as... moving your ears or whatever. Not so lame as only lifting one eyebrow, though haha.

A: I can bend my fingers at the tip, well both pointers and more on my left hand, can make them "jam/head bang". Can also clap with fingers only (palm touching). I think I was bored in school.

Q: Pick any language, thought process, skill you wish you could be good at (and you could totally through practice but can't be bothered/no time/no money to actually put the work into it).

I'm also double jointed. There are few things quite as enjoyable as making people freak out over your weird hands.

A: I'd like to be good at french as far as languages go, purely for potential immigration purposes more than anything. So the honest, true answer when it comes to what skill I'd love to learn is anything to do with instruments. I can't decide whether I want to be guitar or piano, maybe both, and maybe one day I will apply myself in that way. But more than anything I'd say that's my desired skillset that I would like.

Q: What's a video game that you like but don't love, and the reason you don't love it is purely down to the way that it plays. So to rephrase it a bit better, what's a video game you think you'd love if only it played a little differently?

Q: What's a video game that you like but don't love, and the reason you don't love it is purely down to the way that it plays. So to rephrase it a bit better, what's a video game you think you'd love if only it played a little differently?

A: The original Jet Set Radio. I prefer the more arcade-style presentation, and the way cop fights are kinda dynamically just part of the level, as opposed to JSRF's almost completely tension-free gameplay and the way it stops you from doing anything else during cop fights.

But I still much prefer JSRF, because JSRF feels great to play. JSR is so floaty and awkward to move around generally that it kinda just ruins everything the game has going for it. JSR with JSRF's engine would be amazing.

Q: Let's do the reverse. Is there a game that you love in spite of its poor gameplay? Is there another similar game (maybe even in the same franchise like the JSR/JSRF case) that plays better that would improve this game if it was implemented in the same way?

Is there a game that you love in spite of its poor gameplay? Is there another similar game (maybe even in the same franchise like the JSR/JSRF case) that plays better that would improve this game if it was implemented in the same way?

Evil Twin, only because it is buggy, but unlike a backup answer of Dragon Riders (which has been unintentionally, given a small breath of fresh air by GDemu, much like Half Life or Soldier of Fortune), it was pretty well finished before being rushed out late in lifespan. Evil Twin is so beautiful and unique and challenging fun for me, but admittedly there are some glitches to be patient with throughout. Dragon Riders was much more obviously pretty bare bones finished to tie up coherently.

Gaming guilty pleasure? Were you or still are a regular Battlefielf/COD annual player, for example? Mine was once buying NHL games from EA 98-2K5. Quite happy with NHL2K2/2K3, so I haven't bought a new one since 6th gen.

A: phew, Clash of Clans. Seriously, it's just a mindless mobile game but you're in a clan and invested in others all of a sudden, even if you know deep down it's just a money grabber game in the end (unless you stay off all in-game purchases which is hard but ok cause I'm not spending my hard earn irl cash on jewels). Any other type of game in my past I'm OK with, no guilt all pleasure.

Q: Tag on, guilty TV show or music?

Oh, yeah, Trivia Crack for me definitely tops even yearly sports gaming haha.

Don't watch much TV anymore, therefor similar answer to my games: NHL. I'm not a very sports guy whatsoever, but hockey has got my attention always. If I'm going to watch sports, I prefer Tennis or women's hockey or international men's hockey. NHL is a guilty because it is a bit macho and egotistic.

Music would be Rise Against's debut, Anti Flag's Mobilize and before, Alkaline Trio's Here to Infirmary and earlier... stopped liastening to them after these albums.

If there were another animal you'd like to be, if you weren't human?

Last edited:
A: A bird to gain the ability of flight.

Q: If you had to eat only one food for the rest of your life what would it be?

A. Singapore noodles. Fucking love them.

Q. Do you shake or wipe after taking a piss?

A: Depends. If I’m out on the lash just a shake’ll do. Any other time I’ll wipe. It’s the courteous thing to do when you consider the potential for strays. Additionally, arses should be soaped, not just wiped.

Q: If you could add one thing to the city/town/village/cave you live in, what would it be? And what would you remove?

(No “this kinda person” type answers. “Humans are bad” comments are played out and tiresome by now)

A quality shisha bar that opens early, closes late and has a proper seating area where I can work. Where I used to live, there was a shisha bar only a couple minutes away that opened at 11am and closed at 2am. As I usually worked from home, there was nothing better to relieve the stress of work than popping up the road and having a smoke and a bite to eat whilst still working. There was one that opened in my area but quickly closed down. They also did not open during the day. I would also add more top quality restaurants. There are places to go in the surrounding areas but in the town I live in, you still have a lot of the old-school people who are content with their poor-hygiene cafes and kebab shops. So, that is what I would remove; the old, run down and outdated shops.

What's your favourite and least favourite room in your house and why? I like my living room. It's small but simple and I think I have done well doing it up.It is also, for the most part, intact. A pet peeve of mine is when things are not aesthetically right as it causes me anxiety a little. That's the reason why the bathroom and kitchen are my least favourite room as there are I have a funny thing about moisture and hate that you can't just paint the walls and make it new.

A. As I'm in a studio apartment right now, my answer is "both!" ;)
More seriously, I recently had a small apartment with just the perfect sized living room. Enough for my several bookshelves (too much of a philosophy library makes one an eternal bachelor) and just the right amount of coziness with furniture. As for the least favorite, the kitchen was slightly larger than Peter Dinklage, and there were some persistent water problems. Good outweighed the bad, though.

Q. As I see the neighborly younglings going off to their high school prom tonight: do you have any particularly memorable youthful dances/outings/events you remember fondly? Personally, I miss the occasional bonfire with the pals.

A: I kind of miss how going to the cinema with friends used to feel like a real event when I was a teenager. I can remember quite vividly each cinema and time I went to see Lord Of The Rings as a kid, and I can remember the excitement I felt and being able to talk about it with friends afterwards. The same goes for the first Spider-Man movie. I don't know why there are certain things that stick with you from childhood more than others, particularly when it's something fairly mundane like going to see a film. But it does, and it's nice to think back on a time where going to the cinema felt exciting instead of the headache that it is nowadays of trying to pick a seat in the screening where you're not going to be surrounded by people who want to give a running commentary throughout the whole thing.

Q: What is the most stereotypically "old person" thing that you do? Something that seemingly betrays your actual age.

Nice response @Jetmcfancy also fondly remembering going to LotR and feeling awe (also it was a midnight premier at a school night so double yay). Dressed up, got a price, magic.

A: Where to start haha, ok, one thing ... I like to watch the evening news (every evening) on linear TV, on our national broadcaster. I also like cognac, always have.

Q: You get to live one day as another person (fictional or real), who is it and how do you spend your day?

A: Ok, so I need to give a couple, because there are reasonings lol;

1. If it is to better my life in the future, I would probably be someone super wealthy, then sign a legal document that transfers a bit of cash my way (so that once I switch back, nobody can claim the funds back); not so much that I become some sort of rich superpower, but enough that I can live comfortably the rest of my life (I'll even continue going to work every day lol). So for that, either Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg or someone.

2. If its just to have fun and enjoy a great day, being intimate with someone and just enjoying yourself, I'd be Lacey Chabert's husband lol.

3. If it is to possibly make a change for something I love or to, "fix," a transgresssion or something that never should've happened in the past, I'd be either Lew Grade and continue Thunderbirds (seriously) or I'd be David Rosen/Someone from Sega and have them outright stop the 32X development or do things a little differently.

The last one would involve time travel and since that wasn't part of the question, I guess that can be excluded.

And yes, the three selections above are selfish choices, however I feel that I am wholly UNSELFISH in my everyday life, so I can make up for it by living my current life.

Q: Avocados; love 'em or hate 'em? What your favourite dish involving avocados, be it as a condiment, side or main?

Always been a fan of avocados. Thing is, when I was younger I would associate them with something that made you strong. I think I more like the thought of that than the actual taste. My favorite meal will be an avocado, chicken and bacon pasta with plenty of mayo. Yum.

Q - Sticking with the food theme, what would you choose to be your last meal? You can have 3 courses and a drink for each course.

Starters - Fish cakes. There is a place in London called Christophers' Grill and introduced me to the fish cake. One of the best places I have eaten and the only place I would say is worth the money. I would have a glass of white wine with this meal.

Mains - Wagyu Steak, fries, onion rings, coleslaw and a very smooth peppercorn source. I have had Wagyu steak once from Costco. Cost like £36 for two steaks. I really want to try one at a restaurant. I will down it with a very nice cold beer. Probably a Brooklyn in a glass.

Dessert - warm pecan pie with cream. Finished with a Fanta.

Not to steal another answer, but I must lol

A: I will go with my favourites that I've had in my life.

Appetizer: Assortment of Nigiri Sushi and Sashimi, prepared for me by 2 Michelin Star restaurant in Tokyo, Sushi Imamura (the site of the best meal of my life). Drink will be either Perrier, Gerolsteiner or San Pellegrino; basically, a high-end sparkling water.

Main: 5 Tacos in corn tortilla, 1 of Marlin, 1 of Chorizo, 1 of Beef, 1 of Tuna Tataki and 1 of chicken. Done my style for all (save for Marlin, as I've never made it before).

Filled with Lettuce, Heirloom Tomato, Balderson Extra Old Cheddar, Guacamole (done my style), Sour Cream, Salsa Verde and to drink would be Dr. Pepper. As much as I can fit lol.

Dessert: If I have any space left, I will be having a slice of Tuxedo Royale cake (chocolate and vanilla sponge, chocolate mousse and cream cheese icing, topped with a marble chocolate glaze {of sorts} and surrounded with chocolate shavings), along with a couple of slices of super-ripe Santa Claus Melon, Honeydew Melon and warm, super salty cashews on the side.

Glass of milk.

Lovely. If I don't die first of overeating lol.

Q: If you were to have your own custom concert/festival and you were only allowed to pick 10 musical acts, alive or dead, who would you pick?

The Who
Limp Bizkit
Rize
Snot
Max Webster
Methods of Mayhem
Crazy Town
Bachman Turner Overdrive
P.O.D.
Zeebra

That was easy lol

A: oooooooooh..... How to pick this list hmm OK:

1. Tool
  2. Mötorhead
  3. Primus
  4. Modest Mouse
  5. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
  6. Puscifer
  7. Violent Femmes
  8. Iron Maiden
  9. W.A.S.P.
  10. Dimmu Borgir

And plenty more but fiiiiine ....

Q: Favorite short story ever.

Well, one of my favorite books ever is Martian Chronicles, for every single short collected within there.

Drink or smoke?

Back