Ask the Person Below you a Question?

A. Yes, since February 2007. Months of sitting in front of a monitor in a dark room (a personal preference, never to be repeated) doing coursework for high school fucked my eyes. I love wearing glasses, though, so whatever.

Q. Has someone ever taken credit for something you did?

Q. Has someone ever taken credit for something you did?

A: Yes. I produced a few songs for an artist who was a vocalist. This artist would barely even write songs - they would simply provide me with one or two spoken or sung lines, and then handed them off to me to completely build and arrange an entire song around them. Months later after the album comes out, I'm reading an interview with this artist and they claim that they were the producer. So inevitably this artist comes to me again asking for another song. I agree, but this time I use an application that can adapt a visual image to audio. It creates a swishy kind of noise that sounds cool, and it can be viewed on a spectrogram - a famous example being Aphex Twin's self-portrait embedded in one of his songs. I created an image that says in plain text that I am the producer of this music, and use that as the intro to the song. Go ahead and lie about it now! ?

Q: What is something that you are able to do now that you once thought you might not ever be able to do?

A: Yes. I produced a few songs for an artist who was a vocalist. This artist would barely even write songs - they would simply provide me with one or two spoken or sung lines, and then handed them off to me to completely build and arrange an entire song around them. Months later after the album comes out, I'm reading an interview with this artist and they claim that they were the producer. So inevitably this artist comes to me again asking for another song. I agree, but this time I use an application that can adapt a visual image to audio. It creates a swishy kind of noise that sounds cool, and it can be viewed on a spectrogram - a famous example being Aphex Twin's self-portrait embedded in one of his songs. I created an image that says in plain text that I am the producer of this music, and use that as the intro to the song. Go ahead and lie about it now! ?

Q: What is something that you are able to do now that you once thought you might not ever be able to do?
Speak to "business people". When I started my career, I was very timid. My first professional job for example, I made a mistake on someone's account, a very minor one, I was too afraid to give the customer a call to come back in to fix it. Ended up asking a friend, a girl who was significantly younger than me, to call the customer. Now I can sit in a room full of senior managers, execs etc. and hold my own. Still not the finished article, health/sleep issues have stalled my development over the past few years, but still confident enough to go out networking, presenting etc.

I am also in a relationship. Was a time I thought I would die a sad virgin as I was so socially awkward; both romantically and generally. Despite growing up with two brothers and a very masculine dad, it's my wife who turned me into a man. Despite being well into my 20's when we met, I had a lot of maturing a self-realising to do and she has more than helped me develop over the years.

Q - Is there a single thing in your life that you simply must own, achieve or do before you die? Overall, I wanted to have children and leave them a financial legacy of some sort. However, every since I was probably 12 or so, I have always wanted to buy a Ford Mustang. It's a near obsession.

A: Be interviewed. On TV. Then completely derail it because I can.

Q: What's your favourite or go-to insult?

Saijo, maybe.

Chicks dig him, he's happy in life and he got to travel the world, what with all his crazy adventures and the like (swimming across Gibraltar, living in Africa on 100 Yen a week, etc.).

Q: Captain Scarlet or Thunderbirds?

Last edited:
Fuckface or ass clown

I'm torn between those two same characters myself!
(I'd like to be Wang Guang Ji, so I could get free beverages for life, or maybe the curiously named Mario from Bob's Pizzeria.)

Which game console have you owned that left you most underwhelmed in time? (Mine is the rather boring 32X)

I'm torn between those two same characters myself!
(I'd like to be Wang Guang Ji, so I could get free beverages for life, or maybe the curiously named Mario from Bob's Pizzeria.)

Which game console have you owned that left you most underwhelmed in time? (Mine is the rather boring 32X)

Thank you. I was worried that my question was the one that killed this thread. Glad it wasn't!

Game console that left me the most underwhelmed? It's between the Nintendo GameCube and the Nintendo Switch. I hate the GameCube controller and don't remember playing too many games on it. Pikmin I remember playing as well as Smash Brothers. Just knew it was a console that I did not pay too much attention to and traded it in soon after getting it. The reason I chose the Switch is for a similar reason. When I first got it I was impressed on how it was built and how it worked. Still impresses me to this day. Loved Smash and completed my first ever Zelda game with BOTW.

But that is when the fun stopped. Super Mario Odyssey was very underwhelming. My first Mario game since Super Mario 64 so had high expectations but felt it was way too easy, bland atmosphere and the fact you couldn't kick or punch was annoying. I play Mario Kart every now and again when people are around but apart from that it sits on my display shelf looking quite pretty. I also hate how the games are just so expensive (£50 for bomberman?) and their doesn't seem too much of an incentive to buy anything but first part games which are overpriced.

Q - What console have you been the most impressed with? For me, probably the Dreamcast because of Shenmue, Sonic Adventure and PowerStone. Also the Xbox and Xbox 360.

Q - What console have you been the most impressed with? For me, probably the Dreamcast because of Shenmue, Sonic Adventure and PowerStone. Also the Xbox and Xbox 360.

I’ve been most impressed by the Nintendo DS. It has so many features (standard controller, touch screen, microphone, 3D, motion feature) and has so many fun games. I feel it’s the most creative and innovative console.

if you had the ability to transform into one animal, what would it be ?

A. Either (1) a dog, so I could piss and (especially) shit in public and not be arrested for it, or (2) a fly, so I could snoop on people and, of course, fly when and wherever I damn well please

Q. What charities do you support, and is there any specific reason why?

Q. What charities do you support, and is there any specific reason why?

I don't donate much, a few quid every month but have been doing so for years and I guess every little helps. No specific reason why, I agree with the work they're doing and they don't receive funding and rely on donations.

The only thing that I do find annoying is that this is a charity I signed up for of my own accord (I wouldn't ever stop to one of those charity muggers in the street) but they still call me from time to time to try and increase my donation.

Q. What's your guilty pleasure and how many people know about it?

I criticise a lot of the stuff that's on TV nowadays, but from time to time, I really enjoy those absolute garbage tier television programmes like airport 'nothing to declare' or police road chase shows. My current show of choice is people on Netflix building tiny houses. They honestly just make for great low effort viewing if you're feeling down or having a rough day. I used to watch them with my late gran too, so they're kind of nostalgic in a way. I doubt many people really know seeing as I tend to do all my viewing in private, but it's not like I hide it or anything.

Q - Do you think technology in the past 20 years has changed society as a whole for better or for worse? What's your reasoning?

I criticise a lot of the stuff that's on TV nowadays, but from time to time, I really enjoy those absolute garbage tier television programmes like airport 'nothing to declare' or police road chase shows. My current show of choice is people on Netflix building tiny houses. They honestly just make for great low effort viewing if you're feeling down or having a rough day. I used to watch them with my late gran too, so they're kind of nostalgic in a way. I doubt many people really know seeing as I tend to do all my viewing in private, but it's not like I hide it or anything.

Q - Do you think technology in the past 20 years has changed society as a whole for better or for worse? What's your reasoning?
Well that's a very difficult question to answer. We have seen a real democratisation of information over the past 25 years which has made it more difficult for governments and a select few to control the general opinion. However this has also led to the destabilisation of entire regions, creating failed states, vast humanitarian crisis', and general insecurity. It has helped divide nations to the extreme, allowing people to ironically create vast echo chambers which amplifies their own extremism distancing them more and more from the rest.

With the rise of social media, we have also entered an era where anyone can become a star. The rise of the influencer has given way to a generation that is not only incredibly vein, but has a public of millions to advertise themselves to. I work in a field related to social media and deal a lot with what is popular, and at risk of sounding like an edgy 14 year old or a bitter old man, I have to say that what is popular is so mind bogglingly stupid and vein that if I had a kid I probably wouldn't allow them to use these websites.

It's not all doom and gloom though. Technology has improved and will continue to improve our personal comfort. The extreme ease in exchanging information has also led us in to an era where ideas can be discussed and "improved" for better or for worse on a global scale. It's helping improve the life conditions of billions of people, lifting them out of poverty. It gives people an easier access to education and learning new skills. For better or for worse the average person is also a lot more socially conscience.

I will be honest though, I do personally feel like the mental well being of society as a whole was better when the world wasn't so connected. Internet, smartphones, computers etc are wonderful things however their omnipresence has made it impossible to take a break from it all. Being constantly bombarded with information has led to a level of paranoia in society that would probably give the red scare a run for its' money. Social media has led to a generation feeling incredibly insecure too with studies showing that the more time you spend on them generally leads to a decrease in your self-image.

Most likely the technology we have is a wonderful thing but we just use it irresponsibly. I do miss the period of the mid to late 2000s though, where you had easy access to it but it was also easy to take a break too, you just had to turn off your computer and go outside.

Q - Who would win in a fight, my dad or your dad? Personally I think my dad could batta your dad

I'm a 21st century digital boy
I don't know how to live
but I got a lot of toys

A: During the week: 2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter and a cup of Green Tea.

That's it.

On the weekend, either pancakes from scratch, eggs or sometimes I'll get super ambitious and make Huevos Rancheros (and mine are DAMN good ;)).

1572361567631.png

Q: Since the timing of the above question wasn't answered, what do you prefer; Captain Scarlet or Thunderbirds?

Attachments

• 1572361566310.png
    1572361566310.png
    1,021 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
A: It's a tough one. I was convinced as a kid that I loved them both, as well as Stingray, but really it was my dad who loved it and used us as an excuse to watch em all over again. Looking back on them they're all shit, and I distinctly remember finding them somewhat boring.

What I did like though were the toys we subsequently got. We had Tracy Island, Sky Base, Marineville, Stingray, and the Captain Scarlet car thing. SPV or summat? Either way, my favourite was that one, as we used it as the Turtle van instead, and all the Captain Colours we had were used as just background cannon fodder, so I'll give it to Captain Scarlet. Even though they were pants and the mysterions were just utter fucking shite.

Q: A random cosmic event occurs. You have an opportunity to experience either the impossible or highly improbable, but only once, then everything goes back to normal 24 hours later. It has to be something you physically experience, not just witness. What do you choose?

Q: A random cosmic event occurs. You have an opportunity to experience either the impossible or highly improbable, but only once, then everything goes back to normal 24 hours later. It has to be something you physically experience, not just witness. What do you choose?

I'd time travel. I've learned a lot about Anne Lister (1800s landowner/diarist) recently. She was always traveling, studying, and seemed like a fascinating person. I'd love to spend a day with her.

Q: Pick a work of art (painting, movie, song, anything) that really speaks to you/has a lot of meaning and share why.

Side note: Truck_1_0_1_ , pleeeaaaaase make me some food??

Back