August 21st...

Peter

Administrator
Screenshot_20180819-153715_Twitter.jpg

I know Cedric does tease a lot, but with August 21st being the first day of Gamescom, as well as a year since we have last seen Shenmue 3 in action, I can't help but feel that there is a possibility that something Shenmue 3 related could be about to drop.

It would make sense, since that is also the day Shenmue I & II re-releases finally go on sale, plus the time does feel right. This game is supposed to be coming next year, so there is every chance. Bear in mind YSNET have confirmed that they will not be attending the German event, but, who knows what we could get. Kickstarter Update? New trailer?

UPDATE: IT'S HAPPENING!

COUNTDOWN TO SHENMUE 3 #GC2018 REVEAL!

Click Here for #GC2018 Official Livestream!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully a trailer, I would lose my shit if they showed the combat in game.
Though I keep my expectations low for now.

Or he's just hyping the re-releases. I'm going to stay as pessimistic as possible here sorry, because then if something great does show up within the next week I will be pleasantly surprised haha.

This could go both ways. Maybe the release date of I&II was even specifically chosen to coincide with a Gamescom event...
I haven't even fully realized this until now. Let's see where this takes us. I hope something for III emerges, otherwise Cedrics hypes are really at an end.

This could go both ways. Maybe the release date of I&II was even specifically chosen to coincide with a Gamescom event...

Yeah, that's what a lot of us were speculating. Well, until we got that update that said Yu Suzuki won't be there. But that's such a weird way to word it... Why not say 'we' won't be there, or Shenmue 3 won't be represented. Hmm... :unsure: But I don't think they would have said anything at all if they wanted it to be a surprise.

Who knows? And yeah, I feel like if nothing shows up that it will really look like Cedric is trolling now, even if it's completely innocent and we're reading too much into his tweets. He must know how it looks after the Magic Monaco fiasco and the pictures he shared of him playing the game.

I haven't even fully realized this until now. Let's see where this takes us. I hope something for III emerges, otherwise Cedrics hypes are really at an end.

My thoughts exactly.

The ideal scenario would be the release of I & II joined with some kind of significant reveal of III at Gamescom. That would be a slam dunk. So I hope for that. But it would require a lot of moving parts in several separate companies to line up perfectly. So my expectations are low while my hopes are high.

It would be nice to see new screenshots and some footage. I expect a Kickstarter update maybe.

Yea it was first announced as a Kickstarter update last year. Was a pretty cool eventz with a 2 day meet and greet with Yu-san and fans.

You are right about the trailer though. Tuesday could be a day for Shenmue fans indeed!

It is important to remember that Deep Silver is handling promotional stuff as well as Sony.

YsNet nor Yu has to be present for a trailer to drop from Sony. Maybe they are gonna keep their end of the bargain up again this year with something on the PlayStation channel.

It is important to remember that Deep Silver is handling promotional stuff as well as Sony.
This is exactly why I'm taking Cedric's comment a face value right now and assuming he's just happy about the re-releases of Shenmue I & II.

Deep Silver is a business. The slacker backer (PayPal) campaign money goes directly to YsNet, they don't get any of that money. Deep Silver will get their money to recoup their investment in Shenmue III from full priced copies sold in stores, so it's in their best interest to maximize the amount of retail pre-orders. When slacker backer was extended to the end of the month, I assumed we wouldn't be getting anything at Gamescom because that would draw interest in the game and any new pre-orders would end up going directly to YsNet.

I will be pleased & impressed if we get something regarding Shenmue 3 on Tuesday. I'm just surprised that Deep Silver would be willing to let YsNet bypass them for more sales.

The end of the world. Since the universe will clearly not allow Shenmue to ever have another release (many believed this for years and years), this must be the reason right? RIGHT???

I really need a good trailer to restore my faith in Shenmue 3. The complete and utter lack of information or updates combined with the terrible trailer from last year has really hurt my hype levels. So with that said I hope we get a substantial trailer from gamescom.

I think too that he means the release of the re-releases. Sure, everything is possible, but i have become very careful with hypes since the last months after Magic 2018.;) I let surprise me tomorrow.

Back