Backer Copies | General Thread & Shipping Information

I'm finishing up my download to the PS4 and waiting for another 2 and a half hours to play until my brother can come over after work and we can watch the opening together. He got his Kickstarter copy today as well, but we will be checking it out tonight for the first time together. My brother use to watch me play the first 2 games and had his own save files as well, so this will be kind of a shared family experience.

Fangamer page updated with:

"You have unredeemed download codes!

Get your download codes!"

When I click there is no code though! Just telling me you can activate it tomorrow.

Anyone else having the same thing?

Same here, although it has now departed LA (which I assume is the case for yours, as well).

Do you have any past experience with USPS, and do you reckon it's going directly to Tokyo, or do you think it'll probably stop elsewhere along the way? If our packages are actually flying straight to Tokyo right now, I wonder if there's a chance they might come on Wednesday or Thursday?

If so, I could hold off on buying a digital copy and just finish off Shenmue II while I wait. I'll be seething with jealousy, but I could just about handle a couple more days.
Yup. Looks like my copies left LA yesterday. I expect they will arrive on Thursday or Friday. It’s a little ridiculous that the SE I ordered five days ago from Simply Games will arrive at my parents’ house today whilst the copies I ordered five years ago will not. Thank god for digital downloads. Less than 12 hours until I’m home from work and can finally play Shenmue 3. Hoping those who are still waiting don’t have much longer to wait.

Fangamer update the key page for EGS:
NOTICE: Code will be active at the following times:
2019-11-19 22:00 JST
2019-11-19 21:00 HKT
2019-11-19 14:00 CET
2019-11-19 13:00 GMT
2019-11-19 08:00 EST
2019-11-19 05:00 PST

I had 2 backer copies scheduled to arrive today, Kickstarter and Slacker Backer. So far, only one was delivered with the 2nd copy still saying "arriving late by 8pm." It is now 6pm here on the East Coast USA so I wonder if it will still be tonight or will it be in tomorrow's mail.

Still nothing here... Anyone from Germany got their Kickstarter Copy already? Even my Amazon Order seems to be unsafe to arrive by tomorrow :-(

Fangamer update the key page for EGS:
NOTICE: Code will be active at the following times:
2019-11-19 22:00 JST
2019-11-19 21:00 HKT
2019-11-19 14:00 CET
2019-11-19 13:00 GMT
2019-11-19 08:00 EST
2019-11-19 05:00 PST
PSN codes seem to be decided by region. Mine are different and go live at 9am JP time (or midnight UK time as that’s my region).

Last edited:
Also WTF why hasn't this been noted, Fangamer paid to have their own custom shipping boxes, which has the Shenmue 3 logo on it, with a nice border around it.

Where did you see this custom shipping box? Mine just arrived in a bubble wrap envelope.

Where did you see this custom shipping box? Mine just arrived in a bubble wrap envelop.

I got it myself.

It's a Fangamer thing though, and supposedly aren't EU backer copies being handled by a 3rd party company to ship them out to the respective carriers?

I got it myself.

It's a Fangamer thing though, and supposedly aren't EU backer copies being handled by a 3rd party company to ship them out to the respective carriers?

Ah fair enough. Yes you’re right, UK and EU backer copies were handled by a third party. Those shipping boxes sound nice. One of my slip cases arrived in perfect condition but the second one was a bit battered. Unsurprisingly given the envelope it arrived in. Doesn’t bother me in the slightest though as I have the one in perfect condition which will be going into a protective case.

Fangamer page updated with:

"You have unredeemed download codes!

Get your download codes!"

When I click there is no code though! Just telling me you can activate it tomorrow.

Anyone else having the same thing?

Indeed... but I tried to download the OST and it didn't work :mad:

Then, it said, "you've reached the download limit," even though I couldn't DL it :mad:

If Fangamer doesn't come through in reinstating the link, would someone please share it with me via PM? :D

Oh man, tomorrow (Tuesday) is the day guaranteed. even if I STILL don't get my backer copy, my CE will definitively come tomorrow. When that happens I can finally stop being jealous of y'all.

Just got home from the store with my retail copy. I also received a text from the carrier saying that my backer copy is definitely out for delivery today.

Only have the 13GB patch to deal with now. My internet sucks though, so it should only take about 8 hours to finish downloading...

Good thing I’ve played a lot of MMORPGs over the years. I have a high tolerance for gratuitous patching. I’ve waited this long for Shenmue 3, what’s a few hours more?

Back