Backer password not working

So just an update, after contacting both Fangamer and EGS I was told that YSnet is who I should contact (EGS was open to try and help more but given the issue is in game they don't think there is anything they can do, Fangamer just told me to contact YS). Sent them a message, for anyone else who needs it here are the emails I was given. First fangamer gave me this email: [email protected] , EGS gave me this email: [email protected]

I sent an email to support@ysnet because that seems the more likely place to get a reply.

I contacted EGS and, after 3 days of confirming email, explaining the Tier and the DLC content I'm missing with lots of detail. They told me "I can see that you have redeemed the Shenmue 3 Backer Trial Version. Epic Games Player Support cannot grant you additional codes for this game."

The trial version? Amazing. After so many emails they don't even know what they are talking about.

Don't even waste your time with Epic, I sent an email directly to [email protected]. Maybe we could try Deep Silver support also.

After reading about these Codes I went to the Fangamer page and found a five-digit code, which I entered in the options (on page 2) and in the credits screen.
Both didn‘t work ☹️

What is it anyway?
I only pledged 60$, which was the physical PS4 copy and the backer case - nothing else.

I got the PS4 physical. The only way I got the backer code to work was to first redeem the DLC that my tier got on the PSN store then re-launch the game. My guess is that the code is used to unlock the DLC after it’s downloaded.

I got the PS4 physical. The only way I got the backer code to work was to first redeem the DLC that my tier got on the PSN store then re-launch the game. My guess is that the code is used to unlock the DLC after it’s downloaded.
I don‘t have any other codes, only the 5-digit one. Or am I missing something?

edit:
This is, what it looks like. No other code, just this one
8A7F89DB-ACF2-439F-A45E-B9B141ED3C66.jpeg

537FAD6A-753F-4569-AD6E-20011B8CE42F.jpeg
And why would I even get a backer code, when I only paid for the physical PS4 version, without any in-game items or my name in the credits.
I don‘t get it.... 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
No clue why they’d send a backer code if you don’t have any in-game stuff. I just know that when I tried to put in my backer code without first redeeming my DLC items, it gave me the message about the product code.

Here’s what my backer page looked like. That DLC was for the international calling card.

Attachments

• 41F86A15-0A57-4196-BDFE-947EAA03D0E3.png
    41F86A15-0A57-4196-BDFE-947EAA03D0E3.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
Thank you for your reply.
Seems like I got a (not working) backer code for nothing 😂
Oh man....

I should have the Telecom Card according to the tier description. Should Ryo have it at the beginning of the game if the DLC has worked?

Last edited:
After reading about these Codes...

What is it anyway?
I only pledged 60$, which was the physical PS4 copy and the backer case - nothing else.
I pledged the same and with all the talk about game codes and backer codes it was very confusing. But in the new Project Update 125 it said "*The backer password + DLC code is for in-game rewards only. They do not come with game-only tiers." So I guess we don't need to enter any codes.

I pledged the same and with all the talk about game codes and backer codes it was very confusing. But in the new Project Update 125 it said "*The backer password + DLC code is for in-game rewards only. They do not come with game-only tiers." So I guess we don't need to enter any codes.
Yeah, figured it out.
But why all this confusion in the first place? Why give us Codes, that we can‘t use? 😂

That‘s like: Here‘s the key to the car, you never bought and you can‘t drive...

Yes, for some people the backer code does nothing (which is stupid), but there is also an issue (I think only for people on PC) where they're not getting their backer items. For example I backed at the $120 level and should have the Telecom card, but I do not have it in my Key Items inventory. I have entered my code for the DLC on EGS, but when I enter the code on the in-game menu I get an error that says I need to download something off EGS.

Again, I think at this point this is a PC only issue so if you're on PS4 and have come to this thread with something not working, check the posts that are already here because everything should work.

Last edited:
I'm on the $500 tier, and only received the 4 capsule toys. Checking the debug menu confirms that's all the backer code I received gives.

The backer phonecard can be enabled via item no. 722, but is erased on every game load.

ShenmueReward.jpg

Hello guys, I talked to YsNet as well, I think the issues are two:

1) they sent codes to backers who actually didn't apply for them. So they won't work :) nothing can be done.
2) those of us who seem not to be able to unlock the backer code on PC... the code actually works, even if you get that weird message about the Epic Store. In order to get the items though, you need to find the "thing" you backed for. For example, I backed the $1,200 tier, so my rewards are unlocked once I find the character I created in the Blossoming Flower shrine.

Not only that, but a lot of people are thinking their backer code is meant to do more than locate their name in the credits, when their chosen tier didn’t include any extra DLC. I’ve seen a few cases of this scenario.

Back