Budget Is NOT An Excuse

Just finished the game and, as usual, did not pick up on every detail. This one is tough.

Whilst playing the game, I enjoyed most of it aside from the QTE's (where I literally failed every single one) and it just felt like a Shenmue game. However, there was little to no story development. Where are we from Shenmue II? No introduction to noticeable characters and nothing from the plot aside from the red-headed lady (who had 30 seconds of screen time) betraying Lan Di. Even the Lan Di fight could have been a lot more dramatic than it was.

For me, this game simply had a very poor production team. Graphics, voice production, acting and writing were just all over the place. Budget is not an excuse.

My hope is that they can build from this but I just have my doubts. It feels like a game that may be better off be remade completely from scratch

Why are you continuing to compare Shenmue 3 against a game with five or six times it’s budget, developed in a different country, and by a studio who’s already made multiple games? Let’s compare Shenmue 3 to RDR2 next.

For those of us disappointed with the story and characters in Shenmue 3.. Let's be entirely honest.
Budget has nothing to do with it.

The scenes that we wanted are already in the game.
  1. Ryo finding the master in Bailu that knew both Iwao Hazuki and Sunming Zhao? ☑
  2. The appearance of Niaosun and better yet she's in disguise early on? ☑
  3. Lan Di.. the long-awaited showdown? ☑
  4. Saving Mr. Yuan and getting a final exposition-filled cutscene? ☑
  5. Everything else in this plot that seemed interesting at first glance
And how did these scenes turn out?
  1. We're told almost nothing relevant. All this teasing of Iwao visiting Bailu and people remembering him for barely any payoff. :hmm:
  2. The only reason she was disguised is to hide from the fans, there was no manipulation or deceit involved. She just felt like playing dress-up. o_O
  3. I enjoyed fighting Lan Di.. but boy oh boy, you'd think Ryo would be at least a little curious and ask some questions first. :unsure:
  4. We got exposition allright.. and it was just a recap of what the previous master told us except now Lan Di is raised by Chi You Men. :mad:
  5. Generally the side characters were under-utilized and forgetful. Most of us have to resort to calling them "Broom girl", "Mr Muscles", etc.. it's bad. :rolleyes:
Again, the scenes we want in the game are there. They are just poorly written.
Yu Suzuki spent more time incorporating meaningless filler like..
- Playing "Guess that animal" with the martial artists in Niaowu
- Or spending so much time on that rich couple from the hotel
Than he did making sure there was a solid story here to satisfy not even just us long time fans but even the new players that he hopes can secure the 4th and 5th entries of the Shenmue series. I can't recommend this game story-wise to anyone I know.. I'd be putting them into a diabetic coma. :sick:

I think a big problem also is the need to make a game X hours long. Reading over your post, I would have been happier with a much more condensed Shenmue III with an impactful story as the filler did get on my nerves a little though I did enjoy the game overall.

I already specified that they used a self made engine, the game was 40x it's size and they actually hired actors who knew what the fuck they were doing and the game also had easily 40x more dialogue to be acted.

It did no question. But it also had the budget to do so. You implied in your previous post that he engine was built specifically for Witcher 3 when it wasn't. That investment had already happened and thus more could have been spent elsewhere.

Also you're not taking into consideration the wishes of Yu Suzuki around the voice acting. I'm not saying it was right but they were clearly asked to deliver that performance in that way.

Lol what?! You're going to denie India is not a low wage country?

No he isn't. But the tone of your original comment implied because its India it's cheap and shit. Had you said they sent it to india because of the cheaper labour force that's fine. Also the company who YSNET hired have done loads of work on well established projects, so it seemed a good idea in terms of value. Lots of firms outsource these days.

Dude. Have you visited planet earth? Shenmue 1 and 2 HD sold around 300,000 copies.

We don't have any confirmed figures but 300k isn't out the question. Drop the tone though.

Ps I've removed one double post.

@Gjb1985 Le Champion sees everything!!!
qYT2IVL.jpg

You've been warned several times about this type of behavior. And while planet earth does sound nice, drinking a litttttle bit of the bubbly is even better!! Quit the insults, passive/aggressive comments and treat others with respect. Le Champion is giving you a few days off because he believes in you and wants you to do better.

When you return, let's make up and be best friends forever & ever.

IMVceFq.jpg

P.S - Le Champion is also a complete joke who is a Sega fan and who lives in a fantasy world and not planet earth.

You're welcome

I mean, that's the problem with Shenmue 3 in a nutshell isn't it? Nothing happened. Before this game Ryo wanted to get his revenge on Lan Di, Ren wanted treasure, and Shenhua's obsessed with fulfilling a prophecy we know nothing about (even though we were in the fucking village where it originated) and by the final cutscene they're still doing the exact same thing even though Ryo JUST confronted Lan Di and gave away the key to the treasure.

You just reminded me of another part of Shenmue III I found a bit off and that was Shenhua constantly reading out this poem/prophecy. Not only do the words change from the original game slightly for the worst, but there's no reason why she needs to keep spouting it.

Also with the final scene, what is Shenhua doing there? She has her farther back and that was her main goal.

@Gjb1985 Le Champion sees everything!!!
qYT2IVL.jpg

You've been warned several times about this type of behavior. And while planet earth does sound nice, drinking a litttttle bit of the bubbly is even better!! Quit the insults, passive/aggressive comments and treat others with respect. Le Champion is giving you a few days off because he believes in you and wants you to do better.

When you return, let's make up and be best friends forever & ever.

IMVceFq.jpg

P.S - Le Champion is also a complete joke who is a Sega fan and who lives in a fantasy world and not planet earth.

You're welcome

The fact that it was completely improvised, makes it SO much better :ROFLMAO:

And damn straight, I gave many deserving games (rounded!!!! Must be stated) 10s, like 'mue II, SoA, Phantasy Star IV, etc. :D

Incredibly disappointed with how Shenmue III turned out it was clearly not the game YS wanted to make and we clearly didn't get the Shenmue III that was originally pitched at E3 2015 with Baisha being the centre of the story and the main content being some sort of battle/war like system which YS spoke about.

The whole castle section was shambolic tier and an insult to fans who have waited so long.... We attack the castle head on with allies who we barely know or have any emotional connection with since character development is so shallow or non existent, I can't remember the name of characters.

We are in a chi you men HQ we are supposed to feel like we are in danger and at any minute we could be killed, there is no fear factor or sense of any danger like the harbour of Shenmue or the yellow head building in Shenmue II it was just a quick 30 minute siege fighting a bunch of 1 hit moron foot soldiers who are all placed like chess pieces I mean seriously this is the best low tier chi you men have to offer???

We are about to confront the main antagonist of the series so far and it's a comedy sketch with miss broom and fat guy hitting guys on the head with a brush and throwing them over a balcony over and over... errrr ok?

We fight 3 of Lan Dis henchmen in a 3 button QTE and there is also the silly comedy part with Ren kicking one of them in the face, incredibly stupid and pointless.

The game is lacking in fights seriously and having these 3 men attacking Ryo randomly throughout the game would have been better use of them.

It seems that YS has forgotten that Ryo had improved massively during his time in Hong Kong getting to the point where he beat 3 pro fighters then a million gang members in the yellow head building then he wiped the floor with Master Baihu then took out a giant but wait..... Ryo can no longer beat a bunch of "thugz" and can no longer evade a slow looping right hook from a muscle head... give me a fucking break.

Non skippable dialogue was horrible what a piss poor choice, spamming capsule toy machines for move scrolls fuck is that shit.

Stamina system pointless and should not have been in the game.

The lack of background story regarding Iwao and Zhao was poor, the master in bailu village was good as pointless without sharing more than what we already knew, same with Mr Yuan at the end telling Ryo what Zhu had already confirmed it was like YS forgot we had already learned 99% of this shit.

What we learned in S3 overall felt pointless and for me was a time wasting exercise borderline nothing other than the mirrors from years ago and treasure near the wall and it is now a chi you base yadda yadda.

I put a LOT of money into the KS and all I can say is I will never ever back a game again and if there is to be a S4 kickstarter forget it.

Below average tier game the 10/10 reviews on metacritic make me cringe, anyways rant over poor game and an absolutely shite Shenmue game won't ever play it again.

For me this post is very hard to type, but let’s be honest, Shenmue 3 is extremely disappointing, and now I wish this game would never be part of the series’ canon.

Everything, absolutely everything from the plot (except maybe the loss of the phoenix mirror) could be erased from the game and the story would be exactly the same. The game on the whole is a missed opportunity, compared to Shenmue I & II; it feels like a grade-Z movie. I can’t recommend this game, for the sake of the series. Sometimes it doesn’t feel Shenmue at all. The original games have that Sega’s and AM2’s magic touch that Shenmue III lacks. It’s time to face reality: Yu Suzuki was a genius, but he was working in a big company alongside extraordinary people, but on his own, he’s incapable to replicate the magic of the series.

Talking about the plot: Seriously, what’s the point in taking with you those random people to the final fight? Why that shrine maiden is modelled like a main character if all she does is attacking Ryo with a broom? Those scenes of her hitting random Lan Di soldiers in the head while that laughable fatty grand master throwing them over the balcony… Was that serious? Ryo didn’t allow Joy to join the roof fight in Shenmue 2’s climax and now accepts to go with that bunch of idiots? What is Shenhua doing all the game apart from being kidnapped? That “one-of-the-four-Chiyou-Men-leaders” deadly voluptuous Niao Sun was just a cosplayer? Are you kidding me? Better not to talk about game mechanics, they seem to be there just to slow you down and make the game longer because there is not valuable content within.

As I said, Shenmue III is a missed opportunity, and only the gods know if it will be another one (I guess not). I have no idea of game development but I feel resources and funding have not been spent wisely. YS should have used the old Dreamcast graphics and models and focused the budget on scriptwriters, cut-scene direction and a new soundtrack (listening old themes just brought me back to Shenmue II, for worse). He should also have put a greater effort in the game mechanics to make something better than that “guess the animal” investigation or the scheme “be ridiculously humiliated by a simple thug (twice)-then visit a martial artist-then make a big amount of money-then learn a new move to defeat the thug”.

I’m aware that this is a low budget game, and because of that I can forgive some rough edges here and there, especially in the technical side, but creative decisions in this game are just bad. For some reason (maybe because they haven’t completed the game) reviewers have focused their critics in how the original game mechanics are outdated. That’s not true; Shenmue I & II are masterpieces and still really fun to play today. Shenmue III is not. It feels like a parody of itself.

It is also disappointing than YS or the editor have spoiled almost the entire game in the trailers in order to sell the game. I thought the footage seen in the clips where a fraction of the game’s cut-scenes, but it wasn’t. There is not much beyond what it was shown prior the release. By the way, where is Zhang? How about those early screenshots and clips of Ryo in the Great Wall? Have those contents been erased due to time and budget constraints or just to build a DLC?

PS: Oh, I forgot to mention the QTEs. They are now ridiculously hard, I failed almost all of them and the only way to complete those sections was just to memorize them. In Shenmue I & II they were hard, but still you had a chance. Wherever you look at, Shenmue III is just wrong.

Last edited:
There are some glaring issues: Lack of story/character development Odd music placement Some issues with side quests QTE difficulty The localisation is horrendous. But theres a tonne of positives Environments are amazing Japanese dub is good The story does have a hook, just not enough Mini games are fun The castle bit was enjoyable just seemed rushed. What's sad is this game has divided a community, though there's clearly some who had expectations well above what was ever on offer.

The game for me is almost a concept game. The core systems are there for a Shenmue 4. And its clear they ran out of time/money hence why things feel a little disjointed so had to run with what's a core game rather than the fleshed out stuff we are used to. That said it had all the Shenmue charm I'd expect. You can easily lose yourself in the game despite some flaws and that's impressive. I do worry that unless Shenmue 4 corrects these issues then that could be the end of the road.

For me this post is very hard to type, but let’s be honest, Shenmue 3 is extremely disappointing, and now I wish this game would never be part of the series’ canon.

Everything, absolutely everything from the plot (except maybe the loss of the phoenix mirror) could be erased from the game and the story would be exactly the same. The game on the whole is a missed opportunity, compared to Shenmue I & II; it feels like a grade-Z movie. I can’t recommend this game, for the sake of the series. Sometimes it doesn’t feel Shenmue at all. The original games have that Sega’s and AM2’s magic touch that Shenmue III lacks. It’s time to face reality: Yu Suzuki was a genius, but he was working in a big company alongside extraordinary people, but on his own, he’s incapable to replicate the magic of the series.
A little OTT saying it shouldn't be canon. That's your opinion and that's cool. It's clear they've had to cut quite a bit I feel.

As I said, Shenmue III is a missed opportunity, and only the gods know if it will be another one (I guess not). I have no idea of game development but I feel resources and funding have not been spent wisely. YS should have used the old Dreamcast graphics and models and focused the budget on scriptwriters, cut-scene direction and a new soundtrack (listening old themes just brought me back to Shenmue II, for worse). He should also have put a greater effort in the game mechanics to make something better than that “guess the animal” investigation or the scheme “be ridiculously humiliated by a simple thug (twice)-then visit a martial artist-then make a big amount of money-then learn a new move to defeat the thug”.

The whole DC graphics thing has come up before. Yu himself commented that actually it would be much more labour intensive to make a game using that system as they would have to code everything themselves. Now I know the old DC Shenmue 1 and 2 engines were there but those engines were built in a massive team and many modders have been shocked at how it works. So in a small team with no experience of the system or engine it would have been extremely tough.

It is also disappointing than YS or the editor have spoiled almost the entire game in the trailers in order to sell the game. I thought the footage seen in the clips where a fraction of the game’s cut-scenes, but it wasn’t. There is not much beyond what it was shown prior the release. By the way, where is Zhang? How about those early screenshots and clips of Ryo in the Great Wall? Have those contents been erased due to time and budget constraints or just to build a DLC?

Zhang is in the DLC for better or worse. The rest was clearly cut due to time and budget. Not saying other decisions didn't contribute to that, they did, but that's the reason.

Last edited:
an insult to fans who have waited so long

Wow your anger speaks for you.

If I was the designer, I would have saved Niaowu for Shenmue 4 and made Bailu as the true Yokosuka of Guilin but I wouldn't call Yu's vision devoid of respect or reason.

The ending is only revealing of Yu's priorities. You're not building a house from the roof. Rather to make a true complete Shenmue game which seemed to be an impossible and naive task, he focused all his energy on designing an authentic Shenmue world, as bland as it may feel sometimes, prior everything else.

Baisha was the location that Suzuki as ambitious game designer was primarily excited to implement. But pragmatism seems to have led the design of his game.

In fact, the game lacks of everything but respect for the fans, if not excessive respect.

Regarding the ending, it's like Yu absolutely wanted to tell the first clash between Ryo and Lan Di because fans were starving of it. Lan Di and Niao Sun were probably the mandatory characters of Shenmue 3 since the 2015 prototypes. But we all saw that the ending made no sense. The characters were just there to check the boxes.

Nonetheless, I'm glad he didn't rush the fight between Ryo and Niao Sun or the introduction of Baisha. It would have been an irreversible and terrible waste. Although I'm thoroughly sad that the potential of Bailu village has been sacrificed, Yu is now holding all the cards to deliver a game on a par with Shenmue 1&2. Just give him the opportunity to continue his long-termist job.

Last edited:
This thread is laughable. Budget is absolutely an excuse. Look at other kickstarter games. 90% of them are 2D or 90's adventure game throwbacks Bloodstained. Yooka Laylee. Mighty No 9. Broken Age. Undertale.

Shenmue III is a full open world game featuring two beautiful locations. 40-50 hours of content. Fully voiced dialogue in dual languages. The fact it mimics two of the most expensive productions on a meagre sum is to be commended, not compared!

It's a miracle it's as good as it is. Yes I have issues with story progression and loose ends but I am currently on my second playthorugh at around the 60 hour mark and I absolutely love this game. Day to day gameplay wise it's by far my favourite in the series. Wood Chopping is absolute joy and all it uses is one button! You can fight anytime at either Academy or Rose Garden and that does wonders not only for the pacing of the game but the enjoyment you can extract from learning the combat system. For most gamers by the time they got into the combat in Shenmue I the game was over! All the jobs are meaningful and even the gambling for specific prizes to swap for scrolls has purpose. It's the only game i've played where I'm planning my day to day activities. Today i'll work the forklift for the morning, do some training and fighting, progress the story, try and win stuff from gambling...then you can go back home or to the hotel and reflect on the days events...brilliant ! My second playthrough really taking my time with the game is wonderful so far . I didn't exactly rush my first playthrough but I still only finished with 21 of 90 scrolls and 27% of the trophies.

Shenmue is all about the journey - really hardly anything outside of the mundane happens in the first game. The second piles on all the lore and story because the groundwork was already built. Shenmue IV has that chance now the game is complete...if you support and care for the franchise enough.

The ending was hardly Mass Effect 3 levels of dissapointment...now that really was an insult to the time you put in !

@Down by Law

This is pretty much how I feel about S3. I’m not saying I’ve got extensive experience in the field of game development, but saying “budget is not an excuse” betrays a serious lack of knowledge, and dare I say it, common sense. Given the budget and time restrictions, what we ended up getting surpassed any expectations I’d had beforehand. Which is where I think a lot of the problem lies. Completely unrealistic expectations.

This thread is laughable. Budget is absolutely an excuse.
Not for the story, which has ostensibly been planned out for over 20 years (and the primary criticism of the game).

Shenmue III is a full open world game
Debatable. Progress is heavily gated and there's no way to explore every area until the story dictates. But then it's debatable whether the first 2 games should be considered "open world" in the modern sense.

The fact it mimics two of the most expensive productions on a meagre sum is to be commended, not compared!
Shenmue 1 and 2 were the most expensive productions at the time, obviously games of a similar size and scope can be made much cheaper today.

It's a miracle it's as good as it is.
Many of us consider this to be a step backward from Shenmue 2 due to the changes they made to the design (stamina, leveling, grinding for money etc.) so to us it's not a "miracle", but rather the victim of baffling design decisions.

You can fight anytime at either Academy or Rose Garden and that does wonders not only for the pacing of the game but the enjoyment you can extract from learning the combat system. For most gamers by the time they got into the combat in Shenmue I the game was over!
Agreed, which is why the ability to fight pretty much whenever you want in S2 is such an improvement.

It's the only game i've played where I'm planning my day to day activities. Today i'll work the forklift for the morning, do some training and fighting, progress the story, try and win stuff from gambling...then you can go back home or to the hotel and reflect on the days events...brilliant !
The exact same sentence could be written as a criticism simply by changing "brilliant" to "boring".

Shenmue is all about the journey - really hardly anything outside of the mundane happens in the first game. The second piles on all the lore and story because the groundwork was already built.
This is because S1 and 2 were originally supposed to be 1 game and the two were split causing them to dramatically pad the length of S1, something similar appears to have happened with S3. Certain fans prefer this, and others do not; hence the split. Generally speaking, fans who prefer S2 are much harsher on S3 than fans who prefer S1.

The ending was hardly Mass Effect 3 levels of dissapointment...now that really was an insult to the time you put in !
Mass Effect 3 was still a good game in nearly every other way, the only reason the ending is such a disappointment is because it was the actual ending. S3 doesn't even attempt to resolve anything or really advance the plot in any meaningful way.

This is pretty much how I feel about S3. I’m not saying I’ve got extensive experience in the field of game development, but saying “budget is not an excuse” betrays a serious lack of knowledge, and dare I say it, common sense. Given the budget and time restrictions, what we ended up getting surpassed any expectations I’d had beforehand. Which is where I think a lot of the problem lies. Completely unrealistic expectations.
You mean like the expectations that S3 would be "bigger than Shenmue 2" and "contain the most chapters of any Shenmue game" and would explain "the meaning of the poem" and all the other stuff that Yu Suzuki promised? The things that people dislike about S3 have very little to do with unrealistic expectations and very much to do with what Yu Suzuki said would be in the game.

Last edited:
Debatable. Progress is heavily gated and there's no way to explore every area until the story dictates. But then it's debatable whether the first 2 games should be considered "open world" in the modern sense.

Well the term open world is so vague now, but it still has the 'do as you see fit' philosophy of the originals.

Shenmue 1 and 2 were the most expensive productions at the time, obviously games of a similar size and scope can be made much cheaper today.

To a degree, but very few feature the amount of features Shenmue III does. I'm loathe to bring up the comparison, but even Yakuza Zero doesn't feature voiced NPCs. It's just text boxes. And let's not get into the continual reuse of Kamurocho. Bailu and Niaowu are great locations by comparison.

Many of us consider this to be a step backward from Shenmue 2 due to the changes they made to the design (stamina, leveling, grinding for money etc.) so to us it's not a "miracle", but rather the victim of baffling design decisions.

I can't see how doing things like one-inch punch, rooster step and horse stance are any different from punching and kicking in an empty car lot. Just like real life martial arts, repetition is the key to success. I'm a blue belt at my kickboxing academy and i've lost count at the amount of times I've had to throw the same kick just to get the flexibility to perform it with any degree of success, never mind master it :) .Shenmue II makes you grind money to meet Ren and start the scout fights in Kowloon. With the herb system in III, something I thought I'd hate, I could make enough money to never run out in a couple of hours. The 5000 Yuan part was simply a case of walking to the clinic at the junction of the rainbow basin, hitting a few menu buttons and walking out loaded. I didn't have to save scum roll it on top or move boxes with Delin's brother for hours.
The stamina i'll give you, it's a pain in the arse, especially early on, but by the time I finished Bailu, I could run from one end of the village to the other and use up about 3 blocks.

Agreed, which is why the ability to fight pretty much whenever you want in S2 is such an improvement.

How? There's no one you can just walk up to and fight until you get to Kowloon! I don't think the beast guy at the wharf really counts. You can't even practice moves in the car lot anymore, just train against Jianmin and the like who counter slap all your combos away, so you can't see how they would look or master the timing anyway. Shenmue II is brilliant but the martial arts progression of the game is pretty thin.

The exact same sentence could be written as a criticism simply by changing "brilliant" to "boring".

Well, one man's brilliant is another man's boring etc

This is because S1 and 2 were originally supposed to be 1 game and the two were split causing them to dramatically pad the length of S1, something similar appears to have happened with S3. Certain fans prefer this, and other do not; hence the split. Generally speaking, fans who prefer S2 are much harsher on S3 than fans who prefer S1.

I vastly prefer Shenmue II to the first game but still loved III.

Mass Effect 3 was still a good game in nearly every other way, the only reason the ending is such a disappointment is because it was the actual ending. S3 doesn't even attempt to resolve anything or really advance the plot in any meaningful way.

I would rather have another cliffhanger ending than one like ME3 had that through away 100's of hours of hard work on a red green or blue binary choice. Choices like saving a species in the first game being replaced by a ...robotic version of said species in the 3rd game...absolute fucking guff

You mean like the expectations that S3 would be "bigger than Shenmue 2" and "contain the most chapters of any Shenmue game" and would explain "the meaning of the poem" and all the other stuff that Yu Suzuki promised? The things that people dislike about S3 have very little to do with unrealistic expectations and very much to do with what Yu Suzuki said would be in the game.

Well in terms of hours played I think most people would agree that Shenmue III is bigger than either of the first two games.
The game changed so much during development due to funding streams etc I don't think it's fair to really give too much of a hard time about it.

At the end of the day I kept my expectations in check - it's a crowdfunded game after all - and was not dissapointed.

Just finished the game and, as usual, did not pick up on every detail. This one is tough.

Whilst playing the game, I enjoyed most of it aside from the QTE's (where I literally failed every single one) and it just felt like a Shenmue game. However, there was little to no story development. Where are we from Shenmue II? No introduction to noticeable characters and nothing from the plot aside from the red-headed lady (who had 30 seconds of screen time) betraying Lan Di. Even the Lan Di fight could have been a lot more dramatic than it was.

For me, this game simply had a very poor production team. Graphics, voice production, acting and writing were just all over the place. Budget is not an excuse.

My hope is that they can build from this but I just have my doubts. It feels like a game that may be better off be remade completely from scratch

How can budget not be an excuse they were trying to make a AAA game with indie money (7 million) with 5 million marketing money which is terrible even for the 90's. They had to make due with outsourcing work to lower more unknown outside studios instead of more experienced ones. They had to make due with hand animation as opposed to renting out expensive motion capture studios other developers use like the ones in London, L.A. and New Zealand. Thats why theres no throws and movement animation looks stilted as opposed to other AAA games. They had to cut an entire whole town which probable lent itself to important plot devices. They're team lacked the years of experience working together like say Sega AM2, etc. Budget was definitely a big part. Another part was Shenmue III was never meant to go that far into the plot actually; it was meant to go inward focusing on Ryo and Shenhua's relationship

Mass Effect 3 was still a good game in nearly every other way, the only reason the ending is such a disappointment is because it was the actual ending.

lol OBJECTION!

That is entirely not true and you know it lmao. People were pissed AT the ending not that it simply ended. They wanted a rewrite.

Mass Effect 1 & 2 (especially the first one) I considered two of my all time favorites..I played them so much. I had the perfect save to carry over into 3 that was the result of tireless hours of dedication...and it threw it all back in my face, I haven't touched the series since. Looking at the critical and commercial responce to Andromeda...a huge budget production with glitches and animation defects that makes Shenmue III look like the fucking mona lisa...Suzuki made the right call not to cram it all into this one and call it a day

I have no idea of game development but I feel resources and funding have not been spent wisely. YS should have used the old Dreamcast graphics and models

You do know this was impossible right. They literally could not do this. Legally. Sega owns that. They don't.

Back