Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to think i've been pretty lucky as i've been able to work from home and I live in the countryside where there aren't that many people, but my mental health has been wavering for multiple reasons; living with family in my mid-30's, political and ethical differences with family, lack of opportunity, not seeing my girlfriend for almost 3 years (she lives in Japan and they won't let anybody in) etc.

I've tried to keep things in perspective, but access to 24 hour news and the widening views in opinion and politics does get me down.

But I do feel for those who have suffered greater difficulties. Those who don't suffer mental illness are so, so lucky.

When the pandemic turns into an endemic later this year the next big crisis will soon be the mental health crisis that will permeate the news stations. Mark my words.
This is a very valid point. Here in the UK mental health support isn't all the great from what I've seen and they have huge waiting lists.

All I'd say is that if anyone is struggling my DM's are open. Likewise we have a mental health topic on the forums so please do use that.

This is a very valid point. Here in the UK mental health support isn't all the great from what I've seen and they have huge waiting lists.

All I'd say is that if anyone is struggling my DM's are open. Likewise we have a mental health topic on the forums so please do use that.
I heard that the pandemic is the most traumatic event since WW2. And I agree.

Cancer will be cured by the time the mask mandates end in my deteriorated country. I cannot believe that I in 2022 will still be forced to stay inside while some politician invited families to his home a couple of years ago when the pandemic was a lot more deadlier & that prick Boris Johnson were throwing parties while people still couldn't send a proper goodbye ot their passing loved ones. Absolute corruption.

Last edited:
Cancer will be cured by the time the mask mandates end in my deteriorated country. I cannot believe that I in 2022 will still be forced to stay inside while some politician invited families to his home a couple of years ago when the pandemic was a lot more deadlier & that prick Boris Johnson were throwing parties while people still couldn't send a proper goodbye ot their passing loved ones. Absolute corruption.
Didn't you hear, man? They are better than we mere dirty, poor, uneducated peons, so the rules don't apply to them. Duh.

NOW PUT ON YOUR MASK AND #BEKIND!

I'm not going to go into politics as it might go off topic, but suffice it to say, i've been keeping a close eye on live political trackers whilst working and it's very dispiriting that there is little accountability. I hope one day there will be.

I can also recommend the mental health topic; we're a good bunch of folk here and we look out for each other.

I'm not going to go into politics as it might go off topic, but suffice it to say, i've been keeping a close eye on live political trackers whilst working and it's very dispiriting that there is little accountability. I hope one day there will be.

I can also recommend the mental health topic; we're a good bunch of folk here and we look out for each other.
If there is accountability, that would mean our so-called "leaders" (1) admitting they were wrong to do what they have been doing for nearly two years, despite now having nearly two years of data proving they were wrong, and (2) taking responsibility for the monumental failures and hypocrisy of their own doing. If they are wrong - especially for the amount of time they have been wrong - then that means they are not fit for purpose. If they are not fit for purpose, then why are they even in positions of power right this second? In that case, they should be gone, replaced, and their failures never forgotten, lest they are ever repeated.

You really think they're going to give all of that up without putting up a fight and pulling all the strings they can in order to remain in said positions of power? If "Partygate," as well as being a prime example of pulling strings in the fallout, isn't enough to get Johnson out of office, then I don't know what is. Considering what happened to Cummings, Hancock, Stratton, and others, you would think that would have been career-destroying, and yet still he remains in Number 10.

The same politicians that mandated the rules in the first place are the ones who are breaking it. And it looks like their going to get away with it for a long time before the law eventually catches up to them & then every employer who also mandated the vaccines just to get a job even though there are countless great reasons why people won't get the jab because of things like the Indigenous communities getting betrayed by the government in more ways than one in history & people's bodies just can't accept the vaccines as well because of complications but NOOO there are priveledge people on the internet saying "GET JABBED" like they care to know the reasons why people don't want to. Dispicable.

Which country are you in?

I'm not a fan of the whole response from a lot of countries. It's more about people trying to look righteous than actually doing anything practical to go forward on the situation. I remember in the early days and some guy going ballistic at me for being too close. He was shouting, without a mask, and even came right up to me before stop playing nice guy and basically tell him to fuck off.

That irony as us arguing back and forth is going to spread more germs than him simply ignoring the fact I may have got too close.

I just don't understand this need to be vaccinated. If you test negative, what's the actual difference between you being vaccinated or not? I'd rather risk meeting an unvaccinated person that has tested negative than a vaccinated person who hasn't done a test.

And on that note, I'm finally going to lock this thread.

It's a shame, because I think there is and has been legitimately good discussion on this subject matter, but the amount of people who have outed themselves as anti-vax COVID conspiracy theorists and gotten banned for spreading stupid propaganda and misinformation is staggering.

We're done dealing with it. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back