Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the mainstream media piss me off. Asking questions to the Prime Minister and it's clear their only objective is to try and kick the man in this difficult situation instead of asking genuine questions.
I mean there is a valid point, he was warned about this weeks ago and didn't do anything but otherwise it's like I said in my previous post.

I mean there is a valid point, he was warned about this weeks ago and didn't do anything but otherwise it's like I said in my previous post.
Exactly. Sorry, I mean how dare the Prime Minister be held to account for his inaction, dithering and incompetence.

Edit: Someone ask the Government what happened to this pinned post:
123402649_2150737081716839_8670191931230291703_o.jpg

With respect, your figures are way off and Covid kills far more people than flu.

You saying 10,000 plus people in this country don't die from the flu each year? Also, I never made a comment regarding how much deadlier covid is compared to the flu, just stated a vaccine may not universally work similar to the flu vaccine.

You saying 10,000 plus people in this country don't die from the flu each year? Also, I never made a comment regarding how much deadlier covid is compared to the flu, just stated a vaccine may not universally work similar to the flu vaccine.
You said tens. Calling 17,000 (on average) tens of thousands is stretching it a bit. It's 10 and a bit.

I figured you were making a comparison as this is the Covid thread and tens of thousands of people in this country have died from Covid. Sorry if I misinterpreted.

Of course people will continue to die of Covid after a vaccine, but I guess the hope is, if one is found and works, it will bring the numbers down to a more manageable level and reduce pressure on the NHS. Lockdowns should be in place to buy us time, but that's all they are there to achieve. You reduce the base level of cases and the rate of transmission to a lower level. In the mean time, test and trace needs fixing and improvements in medicine and care (and testing) can continue to be explored as the Prime Minister has said.

The alternative and idea of carrying on as normal seems grimmer to me.

You said tens. Calling 17,000 (on average) tens of thousands is stretching it a bit. It's 10 and a bit.

I figured you were making a comparison as this is the Covid thread and tens of thousands of people in this country have died from Covid. Sorry if I misinterpreted.

Of course people will continue to die of Covid after a vaccine, but I guess the hope is, if one is found and works, it will bring the numbers down to a more manageable level and reduce pressure on the NHS. Lockdowns should be in place to buy us time, but that's all they are there to achieve. You reduce the base level of cases and the rate of transmission to a lower level. In the mean time, test and trace needs fixing and improvements in medicine and care (and testing) can continue to be explored as the Prime Minister has said.

The alternative and idea of carrying on as normal seems grimmer to me.
Track and Trace is an utter mess now

Track and Trace is an utter mess now
Yeah, it really is. They do seem to be increasing capacity at least, and as far as I know it's not as bad as it was a few weeks back when we were being sent over 100 miles for a test (or maybe it is?) but the whole system still needs overhauling. Mind you, Serco never should have been anywhere near the contract. As someone who once worked for a couple of organisations subcontracted by Serco, I can safely say they're dreadful.

Yeah, it really is. They do seem to be increasing capacity at least, and as far as I know it's not as bad as it was a few weeks back when we were being sent over 100 miles for a test (or maybe it is?) but the whole system still needs overhauling. Mind you, Serco never should have been anywhere near the contract. As someone who once worked for a couple of organisations subcontracted by Serco, I can safely say they're dreadful.
It should have been handled locally by each health authority and it would have been much better. World beating my ass lol.

I'll be intrigued to see how quickly they roll out these quick fire tests.

went to a "world foods" type supermarket today to buy a few things.. it was disgusting.. i've never seen so many people coughing/sneezing in one place. i witnessed one man pulled his mask down, sneeze twice over a load of fresh produce then pulled his mask back up. :censored:

I'm starting to think that some people are so selfish. For the majority of us, it's likely we've always lived in peacetime and for the most part a drama free life. We never went through WWII or anything like that, so to all be in a situation where our lives are turned upside down, some people can't comprehend it and being a massive jerk in response.

Do they honestly think that things will get better like turning on a light switch? Good lord.

I live in a quiet village, so going in town makes me a little anxious being around so many people and luckily the majority are being good about it. However, people in queue's almost start fights when one stands close to another. I got the wrath of someone the other week when I accidentally stood too close to her (purely by accident) and I was so shocked that I couldn't even say sorry.

I've made sure I'm able to meet some friends before lockdown begins on Thursday. My brother will be furloughed again, so i'm trying hard to make sure he's OK as his behaviour sometimes makes me anxious. I just want to keep my head down, but it seems like the world is on fire once again.

Drove past Tesco today and they've literally installed traffic lights to control the queue. I
was in there yesterday just before Boris was to make the announcement and certain items like bread and chips were scarce whilst the flour was almost gone. For the most part, I didn't see too many rammed trollies and there was still canned food, pasta and toilet paper.

I hope it doesn't get too crazy like last time.

Reactions: red
This new lockdown in the UK is objectively a joke. Previously I had my opinions and took it they were unfairly influenced by the fact that I don't know anyone to have Covid, let alone die from it. Now, I'm certain the whole thing is some giant conspiracy or, most likely, a example of politicians being absolutely stupid.

All non-essential businesses have been forced to close for a month and the only thing the government has done is offer loans to out businesses further in debt. I've walked in to B&Q today, forgetting we were in lockdown and expecting it to be closed as I pulled into the car park. The place is rammed with people buying Christmas trees, decorations and a toilet seat. How is any of this essential?

Yet the baker down the road has to shut? Just stop with the lockdown and put all the money and effort into the people who are most vulnerable.

/\ the only thing which pisses me off is that we're in a pandemic and people are still spitting on the street. you see it everywhere in my town.. and you could potentially bring that shit home with you, on your shoes.

/\ the only thing which pisses me off is that we're in a pandemic and people are still spitting on the street. you see it everywhere in my town.. and you could potentially bring that shit home with you, on your shoes.
The area if grew up in, the streets are literally stained in disgusting brown blobs as people chew and spit tobacco everywhere.

We are still in tier 2 thank goodness, although i'm only 75 minutes away from London which is worrying. My understanding is that we can still meet up to 6 people outside, so on Xmas Eve, i'm hoping I can meet some mates on my friend's farm (he has a large outdoor hangout so we can have a couple of beers on an open fire...

Honestly, we are one step away from drinking on a park bench at this rate. How depressing.

I'm 99% certain they introduced a fourth simply to justify keeping us in Tier 3. Dick eds. Proper don't care anymore, I'd rather lick Donald Trump's whinnets off his balding arse crack than put up with this empty void of eternal fuck all for another month.

It's as if they're doing it just for a laugh now. That or they are all but actively encouraging a mass revolt so they have an excuse to enforce martial law which keeps everyone in their homes for fuck-knows how long, thereby foregoing the need to enforce a third national lockdown, even though the former is essentially that, turned up to eleven. I don't fucking know any more. Nothing surprises me any more. We are living in Chicken Licken.

Whatever the case, some very sinister people now have more than enough information concerning (1) how far they can push people without them fighting back; (2) how easily people will roll over and beg for Mummy and Daddy Government to intervene in the face of anything perceived to threaten their well-being; and (3) that people will turn into Soviet informants at the drop of a hat.

Boris, you are an SSS-class cunt.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, YA FILTHY ANIMALS!!!

Turned into? We've always been a two party state. It's been Labour vs Conservatives for nearly 100 years and was Liberals vs Conservatives before that.

Anyways, it's clear now the Government, which masqueraded as a libertarian, small state government that championed our civil rights and sovereignty as a country, is actually part of a huge conspiracy - in conjunction with the liberal media - to control the population of the country and implement strict restrictions to destroy the economy to create a subservient, mailable society.

I blame Keir Starmer. No wait, Jeremy Corbyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back