Death Stranding

I was on resetera about two days ago and noticed a thread I had not looked up news in a while about first party games and it threw me off guard regarding the release date. This means TLOU II is a 2020 release. I assume early 2020 for it can't see it extending longer than that.

Anyway what are you thoughts on Death Stranding? Exited?

Last edited:
Upon second viewing of the trailer I'm interested.

Not sure what's going on but hey it's got enough about it to draw me in.

From the outset, it seems to be a blend of PT and MGS with Kojima's quirk of being more like a movie.

I'm more interested if this pushes gaming forward with something revolutionary & groundbreaking or just a Kojima spin on old concepts.
(eg. Akin to BOTW is just "Ninty's" take on open world.)

Besides Shenmue 3 this is the game I'm looking forward to the most. This is one of the most bizarre games I've ever seen and upon watching the new trailer I still don't know what's going on. I think it's the baby in the display case that has me intrigued.

I just don't get why everyone is hyped. It just looks like it will be another overly pretentious story game with no actual game to back it up. Put Kojima's name on the cover and it's excused.
Totally agreed 100%

And probably nobody will understand a shit of the game and 90% won't finish it.

It's sad the thing that Kojima turned it on over the last years.

I usually do not preorder collectors editions but I wanted to on this but realized I was too late. I settled for the special edition /sigh. When is Konami going to bring mgs 4 to ps4 i guess the yakuza has them stuck on pachinko machines. ?

Totally agreed 100%

And probably nobody will understand a shit of the game and 90% won't finish it.

It's sad the thing that Kojima turned it on over the last years.

tbh that probably will happen I skipped last gen and missed out on mgs 4. I have some releases I am expecting this year and slowly getting through my backlog only to add more. ☺

tbh that probably will happen I skipped last gen and missed out on mgs 4. I have some releases I am expecting this year and slowly getting through my backlog only to add more. ☺
What I meant it's that the people who are super hyped and want to play the game, will start it, but won't finish it. Not for lack of time preciselly

What I meant it's that the people who are super hyped and want to play the game, will start it, but won't finish it. Not for lack of time preciselly

I know his story telling (kojima) can be confusing and all over the place.

I'm a bit gutted that the story seems as simple as it is. Based on the first few trailers I thought the entire game would be a David Lynch style mindfuck. Still I'm hyped for the game, it at least seems like something with some uniqueness to it and I always appreciate a developer with passion for the medium.

You really think the game is unique Riku? Looks like a generic open world game, to me that has done many times in this Generation. Maybe I am just getting old and have been a gamer for too Long. I might have seen to many games already, so nothing can impress me any more. The only technological leap that could impress me would be the Holo Deck Technology in Star Trek. But I doubt that These tech will be feasible during my life time. :crying:

You really think the game is unique Riku? Looks like a generic open world game, to me that has done many times in this Generation.

Sure open world games are everywhere at the moment and in the last few years have been what every game strives to be.

Why I feel this one seems different is that it doesn’t have a million markers on a map filled with side quests and collectables etc. It seems to be more about getting from point A to point B safely while being smart about enemies you approach and avoid along with how you handle the environment. I’ve never been a huge fan of a game with an open world throwing 1000 things at you to do and would rather they streamline it and make 50 amazing things to do.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the open world aspect in MGSV but it was hardly the same as something like Grand Theft Auto or Assassins Creed. People throw the words ‘open world’ around like it’s an insult but you can get tons of different open world games that feel different.

Also as much as people give shit to Kojima for his stories and long cutscenes it’s something different to what we normally get.

Death Stranding became even more interresting to me after the gamepplay demo at TGS.
Seem like a game you can enjoy playing very slowly at your own pace. Kind of like shenmue.
I love the traveling mechanic. Making the traversal one of the main aspect of the gameplay is really original in my view.
While tastes vary from people to people, I think nobody can say that DS is a gimmick or a stolen ideia for other game.

Death Stranding became even more interresting to me after the gamepplay demo at TGS.
Seem like a game you can enjoy playing very slowly at your own pace. Kind of like shenmue.
I love the traveling mechanic. Making the traversal one of the main aspect of the gameplay is really original in my view.
While tastes vary from people to people, I think nobody can say that DS is a gimmick or a stolen ideia for other game.

Just watch that and read the translation. How the fuck can I not love this game? XD

Micro Management the game....no thank you. Pre order canned. I love Metal Gear but nothing about this appeals to me. You lost me, Kojima.

"It's a game about making connections"

I'm already growing cynical of social media as is...so the idea of playing a game that is all about getting likes and making "connections" just makes me say no thank you. Not to mention all the micro managing, like managing your balance or managing a baby and so on....I don't know...just doesn't appeal to me.

Also, that little moment in the showcase where Sam's traversing down a hill and the somber song starts playing and Kojima says "you could go down this hill on the bike we were just riding but then you would miss this wonderful song and sight"

Okay, so you're not really offering the freedom you think you're offering if you want me to play certain sections in specific ways?

Yeah, I don't know. I wasn't impressed. This game just looks tedious to me.

But that's just my opinion. It's a "thanks, but no thanks" from me. I've got other games to play in November that take priority over Death Stranding.

Last edited:
I'm not feeling it even after watching some more of the coverage. The impressions going around sns is giving me this vibe that the game will be mostly known for its toilet humors or pervy novelties alongside the "walking" simulator notions.

Back