Dlc Story Quest trophies

Yeeeeah I think I’m going to wait until someone is able to provide a complete walkthrough to get the trophies before even attempting this, if you have to do certain signs at certain points in the quest then that really is bullshit...

Right, so... I'll let ShenmueSeries take all the glory for this, but SADLY, we have confirmation that they DO need to be done at certain points in the story.

I just got the Oyster one RIGHT at the start of the DLC, but I believe the Snake Power one needs to be done towards the end.

FULL CREDIT to ShenmueSaves for this but the Snake Power one is at the BUSTLING DINER 'at the end of the DLC before Kowloon restaurant' and the pattern is:

--OO
-O--
O---
I was able to do it after the kowloon dim sum scene before entering the blue snake hideout

Last edited:
I haven’t finished the DLC yet but am I right in thinking there are 4 different chawan sign ‘rounds’ you have to do with pieces of paper numbered 2, 3, 4 & 5? (Number 1 assumedly being the one from Shenmue II).

So it looks like you have to do the oyster trophy while #2 is the active chawan sign, and the snake power one while #5 is the active chawan sign?

Does anyone have the full list of locations? So far, I have:

a. Port
1. I Love Fresh Oyster

b. Promenade
2. Drunk Tank (thanks, tomboz!)
3. Crazy Dim Sum
4. Meli's Café
5. Lonely Potter

c. Vendor Avenue
6. "Under Vendor Avenue"

d. New Paradise
7. Muren Café
8. Cake Shop
9. RiverSide Bar
10. Prize Café

e. Blossom Road
11. Bustling Diner

f. Senary Road
12. Peking Duck House
13. Kowloon Dim Sum

Last edited:
Does anyone have the full list of locations? I know I'm missing at least one, if someone could help out:

a. Port
1. I Love Fresh Oyster

b. Promenade
2. (I think I'm missing one here, due to notebook spacing)
3. Crazy Dim Sum
4. Meli's Café
5. Lonely Potter

c. Vendor Avenue
6. "Under Vendor Avenue"

d. New Paradise
7. Muren Café
8. Cake Shop
9. RiverSide Bar
10. Prize Café

e. Blossom Road
11. Bustling Diner

f. Senary Road
12. Peking Duck House
13. Kowloon Dim Sum
There’s a bar on the right hand side of the promenade as you go up (not long after the no running section near the mask shop on the corner).

Hi all. I just signed up here to share my knowledge. I appear to be the only one that has found Peking Duck, Crab Shaomai and Monk Maniac.

These trophies are missable, they can only be obtained at certain times in the DLC quests. Each time you are told to use a new Chawan sign is a different time to claim a new trophy. I'll refer to these as "C3" or "C6" so you know which chawan sign you are supposed to use to advance the story.

Crab Shaomai is at Crazy Dim Sum during C3.
Chawan sign is down, up, up, down

Peking Duck is at Peking Duck House during C4.
Chawan sign is mid, up, up, down

Monk Maniac is at the Prize Cafe during C5.
Chawan sign is up, down, mid, up

All that's missing is the canned corn. I believe it's on C2, the first quest. I've already checked Cake Shop and Vendor Avenue. I suspect it's either at Mell's Cafe, Muren Cafe, outside Lonely Potter or at Drunk Tank.

Anyone care to help search?

Hi all. I just signed up here to share my knowledge. I appear to be the only one that has found Peking Duck, Crab Shaomai and Monk Maniac.

These trophies are missable, they can only be obtained at certain times in the DLC quests. Each time you are told to use a new Chawan sign is a different time to claim a new trophy. I'll refer to these as "C3" or "C6" so you know which chawan sign you are supposed to use to advance the story.

All that's missing is the canned corn. I believe it's on C2, the first quest. I've already checked Cake Shop and Vendor Avenue. I suspect it's either at Mell's Cafe, Muren Cafe, outside Lonely Potter or at Drunk Tank.

Hey Reala, thanks for the info! Been using your maps on the main quest too, you're a great help! For the ones you've found was it just a case of trial and error, because I don't really see any hints in-game?

Will try to search for the corn, but at the moment it can be during any of C2-C6 as there are 6 item trophies and only 5 new Chawan signs (or is that 4?).

Just to add to the above, I've just confirmed that

Raw Oysters can be obtained at I Love Oysters during C2.
Chawan sign is mid, down, down, mid

According to others' accounts

Snake Power can be obtained at Bustling Diner during C6 (or whichever the last one is).
Chawan sign is down, mid, up, up

Last edited:
Snake Power can be obtained at Bustling Diner during C6 (or whichever the last one is).

Not 100% sure on it being C6 - could be C5 (or even C4) potentially. I'll try and get it tonight and confirm.

EDIT: It is C6 for sure.

Last edited:

We all owe you a beer.

Thanks reala i was searching too also but i wasted my time at c6 it's ok am ready to help to search with which point you qre searching right now ? ....
Add me shenmueseries so we can communicate there

Hey Reala, thanks for the info! Been using your maps on the main quest too, you're a great help! For the ones you've found was it just a case of trial and error, because I don't really see any hints in-game?

Will try to search for the corn, but at the moment it can be during any of C2-C6 as there are 6 item trophies and only 5 new Chawan signs (or is that 4?).

Just to add to the above, I've just confirmed that

Raw Oysters can be obtained at I Love Oysters during C2.
Chawan sign is mid, down, down, mid

According to others' accounts

Trial and error with educated guessing and process of elimination with a little luck. I got both the crab and duck within 8 minutes of each other, that's where I got lucky.

Each item has been in a location that makes sense.
Oysters at the oyster shop
Duck at the duck shop
Shaomai at the dim sum shop
Drink at the resraurant and bar.
The last one has to be at a shop that hasn't had an item yet. C2 is the best place to start looking since the oyster isn't exclusive to C2.

How did you find these all out? Really start to wonder why the devs saw the need to make them this obscure.
The fact that they do have to be done at different points of the quest is just sickening.

Trial and error with educated guessing and process of elimination with a little luck. I got both the crab and duck within 8 minutes of each other, that's where I got lucky.

Each item has been in a location that makes sense.
Oysters at the oyster shop
Duck at the duck shop
Shaomai at the dim sum shop
Drink at the resraurant and bar.
The last one has to be at a shop that hasn't had an item yet. C2 is the best place to start looking since the oyster isn't exclusive to C2.
True about the locations. Ok I'll try searching for the corn from C2. Should be at a restaurant or eatery, so perhaps the tables outside lonely pottery?

Back