DLC

Just played it with all 3. The move sets seem a bit different per each, maybe it's just my impression. Fun stuff, but I enjoyed Rose Garden more somehow. That timer ruins it IMO. No time to try to learn and pull off what I want when I want to. The other mini game looking for chans I've not tried yet.

Just played it with all 3. The move sets seem a bit different per each, maybe it's just my impression. Fun stuff, but I enjoyed Rose Garden more somehow. That timer ruins it IMO. No time to try to learn and pull off what I want when I want to. The other mini game looking for chans I've not tried yet.

:cautious::rolleyes:

Really? Did the point that it is supposed to be like a race completely go over your head?

Really? Did the point that it is supposed to be like a race completely go over your head?
If you take the timer element away then it's just Battle DLC... Sorry silly joke but...

I get the point of the OP to some degree here. Some of the move sets are just too long winded and useless for timed events. Too much animation lol. So many times I screwed myself with an extra kick or move too many...

Indeed, I ran into that too...

... but that's the point; like a racing game, you always try something to shave a further second off each lap.

We are meant to find something to shave some time off, so that we can get the higher score.

Brilliant developing.

Yes, I didn't enjoy it that way. That's me. I get the reasons, but the end result I liked a bit less than in game Tigers, or other tournaments. It was still fun. I guess he went back more to his arcade roots there. It brought back that feeling from decades ago playing them yes. I'll try a bit more. BTW I beat the race on the 3rd try using Ren. It's not the fact you have no time to do it, you do.

How is the DLC? Does it add to Shenmue 3?
Other than providing some items and costumes for the main game, I wouldn’t say that it ‘adds’ much to Shenmue 3’s core game.

That said, it’s pretty fun and surprisingly addictive. Think of it like an extra mini-game at the arcade that you can sink some time into, but much more expansive and a lot more fun.

So far I’ve probably spent 5+ hours with it and will probably add to that over time. For me, it’s worth the price of admission.

Other than providing some items and costumes for the main game, I wouldn’t say that it ‘adds’ much to Shenmue 3’s core game.

That said, it’s pretty fun and surprisingly addictive. Think of it like an extra mini-game at the arcade that you can sink some time into, but much more expansive and a lot more fun.

So far I’ve probably spent 5+ hours with it and will probably add to that over time. For me, it’s worth the price of admission.
Agree. Is the kind of content that in the 90s would have been an extra mode unlock after completing the game in a certain way or something like that. It is really fun to play.

I think a Versus DLC would have been a better choice than a race.
Lan Di vs Ren? Mr Muscles vs Pale Toss Bookie?
Yes please.

I was looking at it, but I'm going to skip it. I really dislike the Shenmue 3 combat so don't want to get a DLC centered around it.
You're missing out big time. The combat in the DLC feels just right. Reminds me of the 70 man battle. It shines in a way that one on one battles just didn't in the game. I even went back after and played through the main story again after, and it didn't feel the same.

If they could somehow inject THIS experience into shenmue 4 it will be much better off.

Saw some gameplay. It looks pretty decent. Not enough for me to jump right on, but I'll probably get around to buying it at some point

I’ve legitimately had more fun with this DLC than the main game.

that feels like a bit of a stretch.

The DLC is fun but really? You had more fun doing something (Bailu Chan scavenger hunt) that was like 5% of the main game (Niaowu Chobu hunt) and the Outrun like beat em up Battle Rally Race which can basically be broken once you figure out Elbow Assault is a OHKO?

The DLC is fun but really? You had more fun doing something (Bailu Chan scavenger hunt) that was like 5% of the main game (Niaowu Chobu hunt) and the Outrun like beat em up Battle Rally Race which can basically be broken once you figure out Elbow Assault is a OHKO?
Agree with this, although I think the rewards give the Bailu Chan hunt a purpose which made it more rewarding than the Chobu Chan Hunt (I know there’s a few move scrolls that can be traded for but there is no incentive to find all of them).

Agree with this, although I think the rewards give the Bailu Chan hunt a purpose which made it more rewarding than the Chobu Chan Hunt (I know there’s a few move scrolls that can be traded for but there is no incentive to find all of them).

Well yeah obviously since its more streamlined directly for the Battle Rally.
Still Chobu Chan isnt completely useless if you're intending to collect some rare clothing items

It's almost as if I can have my own opinion. I am not saying that YOU should feel this.

It's almost as if I can have my own opinion. I am not saying that YOU should feel this.
All that meant to me was you liked arcades, fighters, and such more than a slower paced RPG. Most hating Shenmue 1 for example were way too used to typical console games. I saw them crying now about Shenmue 3 was boring after 2 hours. I've played many many RPGs that went like that since 2001. Too many expected all 3 Shenmue's to be action games. I still think the huge mistakes in both 1 and 2 were hours at a time where there were no fights on demand. Lotus park in S2 doesn't count for me. You don't enjoy it as much. The 3rd fixed it with a vengeance. BTW elbow seemed to be this huge favorite of Suzuki's even in S1 VS Chai. No wonder it's still the main knock out blow. Overall I liked the new fighting system minus some things missing in it. I enjoyed it way more in the main game. That DLC is much more towards your types, it's good he can please you too.

Back