Do you think 2019 will finally be the year it releases?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't getting any younger ?. If we do need to wait, then so be it. We have waited this long.

But I do hope it comes out next year.

I think so, seeing that battle screen from the last update makes me think they're pretty far in development, I'm guessing 2nd half of 2019.

E3 2019 will probably be a good indication if its coming in 2019. If they don't show extensive gameplay there,then its getting delayed to 2020 ,lol.

I really hope it does come out in 2019. If it get delayed until 2020 I will probably lose all hope and my morale will drop to zero, unless there's a clear release date given, we are shown substantial footage and it's not too far off (e.g. Q1 2020).

I genuinely hope they push the release date back as long as they need to and don't feel pressured to rush the game to market before it's ready.

As @Mittens2317 said sometime around 2015 "Shenmue III can wait."

I think that 2019 is a lot safer than any release plans they shared with us before.
But ultimately it doesn't matter if it still takes longer, as long as they manage to convince the public (not us) that the extra time will get it's budget and good use and deliver good material of the game to look at, possible play finally.

I feel like they'll make 2019, but if they delay to 2020 but also show a good amount of gameplay footage and systems showing there's been good progress and the template is all there, then I won't feel so bad.

I'm starting to think that early 2020 will be more like it.

I think they can meet the 2019 date. After all, they are now quite a big and professional team working all the time on this project.

I hope so but it's not likely. It will probably get delayed again.

One or two delays are by no means rare in the industry, especially those funded on Kickstarter. I am positive we can get the game by the end of 2019, the 20th Anniversary of its Japanese release

I'm feeling pretty good about 2019. When the Kickstarter initially began, Yu Suzuki said he was targeting a December 2017 release date. I knew it would never make this date because of the amount of work that this game would require.

When the game was pushed back to the 2nd half of 2018, I thought the game would still need more time to polish so I wasn't surprised to see it delayed again to 2019.

The question is; when in 2019 will it launch? Of course, I'm as eager as everyone else to play, but I'd rather YsNet make 100% sure the game is as good as it can be.

Considering the Slacker Backer campaign is about to wrap up, and the rereleases of Shenmue 1 & 2 are just around the corner, it feels as if everything is lining up to put Shenmue 3 through the final stages of development. It's been a full 3 years since the game entered early development. I expect that we'll see Shenmue 3 finally get released sometime in fall of 2019.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say 9/9/19.

I'd say its safe to say late 2019. however if we don't see anything at E3 2019 then it's gonna get pushed back again. Personally I don't think that'll happen this time; I've always said 2019 release, even before the kick starter closed.

I think the lack of something more tangible, real and substantial is what always concerns me. 2019 is not going to feel like a realistic possibility to me unless we start seeing gameplay in action soon. And that's what has stun every time with the "next year" delays. It feels a bit like what I used to say to my teachers when they would ask me to hand in my homework... "I'll have it done by next week, promise!... Can you see what I've done so far? No, it's at home somewhere... I'll have it next week, I promise."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back