[E3 2019 Speculation, Rumour, & Discussion Thread]

Death Stranding is the one that's most likely to be delayed at this point, IMO.

I have that feeling too...I'm about 60-40 on Death Stranding being delayed. I have a feeling it will get pushed back.

Although, on the other hand, it is Sony's one major game for the fall this year so maybe they're putting all resources behind it in order to make sure it's out this year.

Still, I could see it getting delayed...will wait and see I guess.

I only care about S 3 in November . Death Stranding looks so boring. The Star Wars Game looks interesting but will but it not day one. I cannot think of any other games that might be nice. So Shenmue 3 has my full Attention.

If nothing should happen to show up at the PC gaming show then keep an eye on PlayStation's Youtube channels. I just noticed they uploaded a Persona 5 Royal E3 trailer earlier so always a chance something could show up there if nothing materializes from the PC gaming show.

Anyways, I should try and get some sleep for 3 hours since it starts at 3am (local time) and it is currently Midnight here in Aus.

Really not sure why everybody is hoping for a delay due to the other November releases. Most casual players will avoid the game as it is the third in a series and the only way to play through the first two games is through emulation (which most casual players either won’t be able to do or won’t be bothered to do for a 20 year old game) or by playing some unplayable ports on the current gen systems. 50% of sales of the sequel will be from the current fan base, 10% will be people intrigued by the development history of the game and the other 40% will pick it up a month or two after release once the price gets slashed. I really don’t see any of those groups being more or less likely to purchase the game based on the release date.

At this moment, only Shenmue 3 and DS come to my PS4. Star Wars: I never liked even films, classics or modern. Pokémon: not a big fan of Nintendo. So, easy for me.
On the other hand, I'll be playing my pre-ordered Mega Drive mini too.

Yeah hoping for delay is not very good. If the game is ready in November it should come out. If not then it should be delayed. But delay it just out of fear for other big titles is so wrong in so many ways. I am among the crowd that thinks the November release is not very smart because many other games could distract the People from Shenmue. This is still true, but the perfect Moment will never come. There will always be a bigger game in the gaming Pound. If S3 is good then it can compete with the other games. No matter when it comes out.

I have that feeling too...I'm about 60-40 on Death Stranding being delayed. I have a feeling it will get pushed back.

Although, on the other hand, it is Sony's one major game for the fall this year so maybe they're putting all resources behind it in order to make sure it's out this year.

Still, I could see it getting delayed...will wait and see I guess.
Its pretty insane that Death Stranding is going to come out this year. Kojima had to form a team, get a building etc. and then start working with a new engine (that took all of 2016) before they started working on that game in 2017. So in reality its only going to have a development time of 2.5 - 3 years.

But it is a bit of a concern that Shenmue has slid into that window - I know Shenmue has a niche hardcore base but you still don't release a indy arthouse film the same weekend as a new Star Wars.

Death Stranding is more Arthouse than Shenmue. Death Stranding is just weird, and only gets the media Attention thanks to hype the Person Hideo Kojima generates. Without a big Name and judging the game just by the Trailer you have Nothing to be hyped up. It is too bizare and you have no clue what is going on. Shenmue is way more streamline in comparision and less weird. I am not saying you should not be worried DS.

But I think in the heart both games are different enought to co exist .

Last edited:
Death Stranding is more Arthouse than Shenmue. Death Stranding is just weird, and only gets the media Attention thanks to hype the Person Hideo Kojima generates. Without a big Name and judging the game just by the Trailer you have Nothing to be hyped up. It is too bizare and you have no clue what is going on. Shenmue is way more streamline in comparision and less weird. I am not saying you should not be worried DS.

But I think in the heart both games are different enought to co exist .
Let me re-phrase that: You wouldn't release a Independant movie the same week as a Quentin Taratino movie. :ROFLMAO:

Problem with Death Stranding is because its so wierd its going to steal oxygen from the "different game" coverage - so you'll get the new Call of Duty and all the mega franchises arriving pre-christmas but they are known quantaties so there is space for something a bit different especially single player story driven.

Shenmue was one of the oddest AAA games first time around and its new long awaited indie sequel goes up against one of the wierdest AAA games in this generation???? Yikes.

I do love Kojima games - I could even roughly follow the Metal Gear storyline (Roughly - there are still some wierd ass bits in that game)

the reviews for Death Stranding dont really matter, i mean Death Strandings Collectors Edition
was completely sold out in like 12 hours. and we are talking about a 200+ Euro Dollar CE.
the latest trailer has more than 10 mil clicks totaled up just on Youtube.
Death Stranding is the typical exclusive game that everyone pre orders and then the imprtance of reviews are just "whatever"
because the sales dont depend on the reviews. this is a no brainer purchase for a big core of gamers.
same thing when FromSoft announces a new game.

Last edited:
Off topic, is there anyone else who has every single one of these 'big' November games pre-ordered? It would be interesting to see what people's buying habits are like to determine how much of an issue it really is.

I have them all pre-ordered, but I might cancel Star Wars... I'm not sure based on what I've seen. Sticking with the others for now though... (that's Shenmue, Death Stranding, Pokemon and Doom Eternal).
If I still had my PS4, I would've ended up dropping DS for Shenmue and waiting for a sale (if it had been another month I would've bought it day 1). I don't have a PS4 anymore though so it's no longer a consideration.

Doom looks cool, but in the rare occasions I actually do buy a western game, it's pretty much always during a steep sale. Western games always sell so freaking much, so I don't really feel guilty about it lmao.

I feel kind of bad for hoping DS is received poorly, but man that sure would help.

I'm kinda not bothered, even though I have it preordered. I have no emotional attachment to the game and the trailer(s) are just weird. I would have preferred Silent Hills :(

Part of me does think if it does fail to live up to the hype or disappoints, then it really would move all attention over to Shenmue 3. God help us if it's another Red Dead Redemption 2 though. That's all the gaming media talked about for a month or two after its release (and that game was fucking shite!)

the reviews for Death Stranding dont really matter, i mean Death Strandings Collectors Edition
was completely sold out in like 12 hours. and we are talking about a 200+ Euro Dollar CE.
the latest trailer has more than 10 mil clicks totaled up just on Youtube.
Death Stranding is the typical exclusive game that everyone pre orders and then the imprtance of reviews are just "whatever"
because the sales dont depend on the reviews. this is a no brainer purchase for a big core of gamers.
same thing when FromSoft announces a new game.

It matters in the sense that the media will stop talking about it, attention can be focussed elsewhere and those who do not pre-order (who very much are the majority) will likely hold off for a sale and buy something else instead... Not everything is about pre-orders. There have been examples of games that got huge first day sales and pre-orders and then bombed after that, being renegaded to bargain bins not long after. Continuous strong sales (e.g. with GTA 5) can be important too.

I want to fucking cry. It's like Shenmue games can never be released without some massive handicap holding them back on sales...

Edit: talking about the Epic deal not the release month

Back