Final Fantasy VII Remake

I'll pick it up when it's on a sale and give it a whirl. I'm just not down with paying full price on each episodic installment approach to a completed story package I've already experienced. Maybe watch the updated visuals/cut-scenes on the tube just to satisfy some curiosity.
I have to agree with this sentiment. I’ve never really liked the idea of episodic games when sold at a premium price and that’s when they’re designed to be that way from the get go. That they’re literally taking a full game and splitting it up into 3-5 parts and selling each one at the price of a full priced game is an example of the egregious lengths that ‘AAA’ publishers will go to to take consumers’ money these days. I suppose it’s better than filling the game with loot boxes or removing story content to later sell as DLC (*cough*Shenmue 3*cough) although I worry that they’ll have added some incredibly grindy mechanics to pad out the game in an attempt to justify the pricing.

That said, I will still buy it as 7 is my 3rd favorite Final Fantasy game, but I am conscious that by doing so I’m effectively condoning their bad practices.

All around other places I see apologists making false equivalence with things like the 13 trilogy or Harry Potter of all absurd nonsense. At the end of the day this is meant to be a remake, and there’s already a well established idea of what a remake of a game should and should not be in the short time games have been around. Tons of great examples where none have needed to be split into parts and were still huge, like all the Pokémon remakes, RE 1 and 2, hell Kiwami 1 and 2, Shadow of the Colossus is pretty much perfect, and there’s even Ocarina of Time...but I get the feeling some of these people would take a version where it’s just Kokiri forest and it ends with defeating Ghoma, spread out over a supposed 50 hours with “new side quests and story content”...what bs, no need for filler that wasn’t originally intended.

All around other places I see apologists making false equivalence with things like the 13 trilogy or Harry Potter of all absurd nonsense. At the end of the day this is meant to be a remake, and there’s already a well established idea of what a remake of a game should and should not be in the short time games have been around. Tons of great examples where none have needed to be split into parts and were still huge, like all the Pokémon remakes, RE 1 and 2, hell Kiwami 1 and 2, Shadow of the Colossus is pretty much perfect, and there’s even Ocarina of Time...but I get the feeling some of these people would take a version where it’s just Kokiri forest and it ends with defeating Ghoma, spread out over a supposed 50 hours with “new side quests and story content”...what bs, no need for filler that wasn’t originally intended.
They are doing a remake and adding content to it like the RE1 remake did with Lisa on the Gem Cube or Kiwami added the Majima system. They are probably taking it a bit more into the extreme than necessary causing them a need to have the return of investment sooner as making the full game with that graphical fidelity would probably be too expensive.

I also suspect most people that are original fans would be happy with just a remake of the original game with not much adjustements with graphic similar to the trails of cold steel 3 but that could fail to try to catter the people that are not tahat into jrpgs.

And to end I thought the Shadow of the Colossus and Ocarina of time were remasters and not remakes.

Having not played FF7 back in the day I'm intrigued by this but also skeptical - it's only covering like 10% of the original game? To make matters more confusing it's just called "Ff7 Remake" and there isn't even a "Part One" in the title.

I gotta give the demo a shot and then decide.

I've never really gotten into FF at all but thought I'd give things a go. Looks like a very well made game overall. The mechanics take some getting used to but are OK.

Still no overly sold on the game but that's likely down to personal preference really. I'm playing FF15 atm via gamer pass and again it's OK but I'm struggling to really engage with it

FFX remastered is also on modern console and is the deepest FF to date if you want the entry with the most fleshed out world-building and character development. A coming of age story that has the casts of characters tackles relatable issues of life,love,death,spirituality & maturity with some good virtual fantasy tourism. And depending on how deep Ur invested into the plot...it's a potential tear jerker.

What with the whole CV situation I would like to know if anyone knows of any update on the release date for FFVII Remake?

Is it still happening? I think they'll put it back until much later. CV is bound to have an impact on sales right?

Am I overreacting? Me personally I want the game out ASAP

What with the whole CV situation I would like to know if anyone knows of any update on the release date for FFVII Remake?

Is it still happening? I think they'll put it back until much later. CV is bound to have an impact on sales right?

Am I overreacting? Me personally I want the game out ASAP

Doubt it. The game already went Gold. It will be out April 10th as planned. Worse that happens is physical copies may get held up or what not. But I sincerely doubt it

Last edited:
I played some of the demo - 15-20 mins maybe. Just didn't really feel like anything I haven't played before - obviously true of many games and now necessarily a bad thing - but without any nostalgia (having never played the original) then I don't really know if this one's for me.

90015872_3024294430940320_8742215333244305408_o.png90019037_3024294450940318_6273002587113390080_o.png

May be some slight shipping problems for the physical copy. I'm actually thinking for the next few big releases I might go digital.

Hells yeah it is. The only negatives I've seen is from big fans of the original and how they've altered certain aspects of the story...I'm sorry but that was always going to happen and, personally, I don't give a shit :geek:

Really? That's one of the best things about it in my opinion! I love how they have expanded upon the story and the world, as well as modernised the writing.

Don't get me wrong, at first I was also worried about how they were going to take some liberties with story, change things and that the gameplay would be different, but the more I thought about it over the years, the more I figured actually I want something that feels very new and retells the story in a different way. My only concern now is how the hell are they going to finish this franchise and how many games will they need? Hopefully it won't take too long.

Back